Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 Road Glide amps  (Read 1485 times)

AnthonyC

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

2018 Road Glide amps
« on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »

Does anyone have details or a comparison of the 2018 SG vs. the RG when it comes to the audio, amps etc?

I have the 2018 SG. It has (2) amps and 6 speakers - it's super loud and very clear.  Wondering if you had a RG - and added the lowers if you would need to add an amp. I don't know how many amps are on the RG and what kind of watts they push out.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: 2018 Road Glide amps
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »

looks like the rg has 2 amps as well.  if you want to check out the differences, go here:  https://shop.outpostalaska.com/OEMpartfinder.htm#/Harley-Davidson®/FLTRXSE_1TCL_CVO_ROAD_GLIDE_(2018)/SOUND_SYSTEM/1TCL//2018/FLTRXSE_1TCL_CVO_ROAD_GLIDE_(2018)//SOUND_SYSTEM
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 11:26:47 PM »

I believe your SG has 3 amps, 1 for each pair of speakers. 1 in the fairing and 1 at the back of each saddle bag. Our CVO RGs have 1 in the fairing and just 1 in the saddle bag.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:24:45 AM »

I believe your SG has 3 amps, 1 for each pair of speakers. 1 in the fairing and 1 at the back of each saddle bag. Our CVO RGs have 1 in the fairing and just 1 in the saddle bag.
x2. If you went to the trouble of adding lower fairings to a 2018 RG they'd need to be w/o radiators as this bike is oil cooled. Then you'd add lower speakers which would be powered by an additional amp you'd install in a saddlebag along with the appropriate harnesses.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »

As others have said, your 18' SG has 3 amps powering 6 speakers, my 17' SG did not come with lower speakers.  I'm adding them. Cost is almost $1500.  (Harness kit, speaker mount kit, speakers, amp, installation & flash)  Been shopping for 20% off deals to keep costs down & doing install myself.  There are some picks in the intake section I recently posted as I did a Heavy breather install / mod with boom speakers in the lowers.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

easyryder01

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 12:10:06 AM »

Hey Riv, I e read a few of your posts regarding your very detailed install of amp and wiring along with speakers for your lowers. My question since I have a 16 FLTRUSE is do you or did you have saddlebag liners as I do and how did you have to modify or eliminate them due to the mounting of the additional amp in the saddlebag ? Also I remember at one point in time there used to be an amount that mounted underneath the tourpak which is what I was also interested in doing since I don't ever plan on making my tourpak detachable since I already have also a 2017 rgs in order to not loose saddlebag space and obtain the speakers for my lowers. I've pieced out the kit for the twin cooled fairing lower speakers and it is close to $2000 if not more which makes me apprehensive on even investing that kind of money and leave the bike just none stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:44 AM »

Hey Riv, I e read a few of your posts regarding your very detailed install of amp and wiring along with speakers for your lowers. My question since I have a 16 FLTRUSE is do you or did you have saddlebag liners as I do and how did you have to modify or eliminate them due to the mounting of the additional amp in the saddlebag ? Also I remember at one point in time there used to be an amount that mounted underneath the tourpak which is what I was also interested in doing since I don't ever plan on making my tourpak detachable since I already have also a 2017 rgs in order to not loose saddlebag space and obtain the speakers for my lowers. I've pieced out the kit for the twin cooled fairing lower speakers and it is close to $2000 if not more which makes me apprehensive on even investing that kind of money and leave the bike just none stock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That was a little painful to read but I think I can help you out. If you're inquiring about the mount for under the TP for a second amp for your Shark, then yes, it is available. I added the 2nd amp on my '15 SERGU and did not have to put one in one of the bags.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/boom%21-audio-stage-ii-tour-pak-speaker-installation-kit
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 04:28:21 PM »

My 17 CVO SG did not come with liners but did come with the removable/luggage bags and they still fit as I believe they are designed to work with the amp that is installed already in the left side bag for the lid speakers.  Adding the 3rd Amp makes the right bag the same as the left bag room wise other than the extra plugs for the expansion harness hanging in the way.  As for cost, I keep my cost at around $1200 with the charge for flashing (1hr) and by using discounts (20% dealers - there are a few) & card points that my local dealer offers for buying stuff @ that dealer (Saved $150 alone off of my amp & gave me 50 more points - basically dollars off my next purchase).  Also did install myself. So if you or a friend can handle the install you can make it a little less hard to swallow.  Let me know if this helps. 
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.