Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Swapping the PTT with the Cruise Control  (Read 1421 times)

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
Swapping the PTT with the Cruise Control
« on: April 13, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »

I was told there is a tech bulletin out there that talks to being able to swap the PTT and Cruise Control functions.

Like everyone else, I need the PTT button for the CB located where it "SHOULD" be, on the left side.  I have a mild neuropathy in my right thumb, no strength making the PTT button nearly impossible to depress.

Has anyone had success with Harley getting service to make the swap/flash to make the change to that the PTT is on the left and the cruise on the right..?  There should be no hardware swapping, it should all be done through the ECM as the can bus controls the switch and switch assignments.

If anyone knows the bulletin number, please share.

Thanks again guys

Matt

***  Edit

Since typing this, I  reached out to a dealership near by and referred them to a Tech II  bulletin from August I saw in another post, low and behold the dealership can make the swap...  30 minutes labor, all digital changes to the ECM, no mechanical moving of any parts.    I have an appt scheduled for next Thursday to get the swap done.  Woot.!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:07:35 PM by Skull Daddy »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Swapping the PTT with the Cruise Control
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 06:26:01 PM »

Can't find the Technical Service Bulletin number but someone on some forum posted it and I printed part of it off back in December thinking I might want to make the swap.  According to what I have it does REQUIRE a Button Swap Kit part no. 71500494.  The buttons are gray to visually differentiate them from the OE buttons.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:19:14 PM »

I was told there is a tech bulletin out there that talks to being able to swap the PTT and Cruise Control functions.

Like everyone else, I need the PTT button for the CB located where it "SHOULD" be, on the left side.  I have a mild neuropathy in my right thumb, no strength making the PTT button nearly impossible to depress.

Has anyone had success with Harley getting service to make the swap/flash to make the change to that the PTT is on the left and the cruise on the right..?  There should be no hardware swapping, it should all be done through the ECM as the can bus controls the switch and switch assignments.

If anyone knows the bulletin number, please share.

Thanks again guys

Matt

***  Edit

Since typing this, I  reached out to a dealership near by and referred them to a Tech II  bulletin from August I saw in another post, low and behold the dealership can make the swap...  30 minutes labor, all digital changes to the ECM, no mechanical moving of any parts.    I have an appt scheduled for next Thursday to get the swap done.  Woot.!

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=114147.0

This thread has additional information you might want to look at. I had done when it was first made available. You don't need a button kit. They swap your buttons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 07:24:38 PM by cvosjoe »
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 09:17:52 AM »

I had this done on my 18, the download tells the system to swap the control signals, I did order the button kit in December just so it looked correct but think its been on back order or my back order got dropped since its been awhile. Works fine for me, A friend of mine with a aftermarket tuner (cant remember which one he has) that replaces the HD ecm tried to have his done but it would not work with the non OEM HD ecm.
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.