Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Right up until the end  (Read 1158 times)

TraumaSlave

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

Right up until the end
« on: April 14, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »

Heeding Unbalanced's warning, I figured it was time to do something about my cam chain tensioner. With 30k in my 05, I set out from between Knoxville and Chattanooga for the ride down I-75 to meet up with Unbalanced and John Sachs for an upgrade/update.

Big shout out to Unbalanced and his lovely wife for their hospitality. Good people right here folks.

Got the 3 penny tour from Harry over the weekend and able to have quality conversation with adults. (11 and 13 year olds at home).

Finally, get to working on the bike. Disassembly went well. No major issues. Pull the cam chest plate to find front tensioner well worn. Expected that but, my concern was the rear. While removing the gears and chain from the front, we hear a loud pop/snap. Oh snap!!  Get to the rear tensioner to find it was what had snapped. I can't fathom how many miles I had left. Ran her right up until the end.

Plan for rebuild is tried and true. Work is being done by John (thank you so much sir for putting up with me).  Heads will be done, HPI throttle body and injectors, S&S blue plate and pump, 570EZ start cams with gear drive, bore to make it a 106. And can't forget the tune by Rob at Road Hog. Shout out to Rob for getting me in on short notice for a pre work dyno run.

I'm excited to get it back. Will be a whole new bike. That and my buddies won't stand a chance. Long live the cherry!! :cherry:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:06:30 PM by TraumaSlave »
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Right up until the end
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:30:15 AM »

Harry, John and Rob definitely know motors!  They all own multiple bikes and there's not a stock bike in the bunch.   :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.