Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Harley Davidson is the worst company out there period!  (Read 11902 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Harley Davidson is the worst company out there period!
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »

I bought a brand new 2017 CVO streetglide and it sumped Oil bad and now has pretty much seized up the flywheel and rods. The journals are all scored up ect. Been on the phone for 2 days now and harley clearly told me it’s not a problem with there bikes and that there not gonna help me at all. Well I forgot to say that I have $75,000 into this bike all New from harley. I will never buy a Harley again even if they were to come back and say they will fix it and I hope that anyone reading this takes this serious and steers clear of Harley Davidson as you will not be taken care of what’s so ever. This was my very first bike I’ve ever owned and also the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in my 45 years on this earth. This has Just been the worst thing ever. I feel all of us with this issue which is hundreds of people should all get an attorney together and get this rip off company to take care of us.

that's bad to say the least.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

The more I know about Harley and their dealers....the more I think I'll just keep my 2012 FLHXSE3 running with as many non-Harley parts and service as possible!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2018, 01:21:31 AM »

I will say one thing, through all the issues I am having with my M8, my dealer has been fantastic. Met with the GM and service MGR today and they couldn't be more "stand up" through this whole deal.
Obviously they didn't design and build the bike and they are doing everything they can to help me resolve this.
Alan

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2018, 07:49:03 AM »

Worked for a company in the late 90s, had been a very good company with reliable products.  It was bought out & the new owners decided to maximize profit by making everything cheaper. We went from good to one of the worst companies in the business, product failures were a daily occurrence, before we might have had 1 or less per month.  Out new motto became:  it's how we respond to the problem that's important. We gotta fix it.   Worked for almost a year, then customers lost patience. As they left the new company decided it was the customer's fault that our poorly made products were failing.  They backed off on customer support & lost most of their business.  As a part of that process, they lost most of their good employees in every department.  When I left - resigned in disgust - they had lost 60% of their business & sold out.  Fun times.  The HD dealers who care are stuck in that mode - We gotta fix it because the company will not recall it etc.  Expensive decisions.  Less than fun. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2018, 10:25:39 AM »

Worked for a company in the late 90s, had been a very good company with reliable products.  It was bought out & the new owners decided to maximize profit by making everything cheaper. We went from good to one of the worst companies in the business, product failures were a daily occurrence, before we might have had 1 or less per month.  Out new motto became:  it's how we respond to the problem that's important. We gotta fix it.   Worked for almost a year, then customers lost patience. As they left the new company decided it was the customer's fault that our poorly made products were failing.  They backed off on customer support & lost most of their business.  As a part of that process, they lost most of their good employees in every department.  When I left - resigned in disgust - they had lost 60% of their business & sold out.  Fun times.  The HD dealers who care are stuck in that mode - We gotta fix it because the company will not recall it etc.  Expensive decisions.  Less than fun.
remember the  day the evo came out.  that was a good deal, they had issues at first  but  HD  did the fix and you could ride these evo motors into the sunset  everyday and failure was a rare thing.   yes they did have some issues but for dam sure you did not keep going back and wonder if you were going to  make 100 mile on your sunday afternoon ride, and have to call a tow because your huge investment failed again and again and again and now your stuck with a piece of chit that appears to never see a real fix and the government is not doing a damned thing to force them to get the show on the road .
Yes the dealers  or at least some of them will and do work for you. they are depending on  HD to make this right to because the lively hood also depends on it and its a fact I salute those dealers who are not  living in denial and refuse to be honest and claim they have not heard of the issues  and or never seen it . How dare these people  try to deceive the people who are spending huge pile of money and not get told the truth it is shameful  to be very honest.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »

remember the  day the evo came out.  that was a good deal, they had issues at first  but  HD  did the fix and you could ride these evo motors into the sunset  everyday and failure was a rare thing.   yes they did have some issues but for dam sure you did not keep going back and wonder if you were going to  make 100 mile on your sunday afternoon ride, and have to call a tow because your huge investment failed again and again and again and now your stuck with a piece of chit that appears to never see a real fix and the government is not doing a damned thing to force them to get the show on the road .
Yes the dealers  or at least some of them will and do work for you. they are depending on  HD to make this right to because the lively hood also depends on it and its a fact I salute those dealers who are not  living in denial and refuse to be honest and claim they have not heard of the issues  and or never seen it . How dare these people  try to deceive the people who are spending huge pile of money and not get told the truth it is shameful  to be very honest.

Remember evo had some issues early on, so did the twin cam.  These were eventually resolved with evo, twin cam has some lingering ones like lifters. Not sure on M8, stock M8s around here are ok, read a lot about stage 3 & 4 M8 problems.  Some dealers were telling customers the early sumping problems were solved with 2018 bike oil pump - not so.  Have left my newest bike bone stock, has plenty of power - for me - as is.  Almost anything we do to the power train voids the warranty. Priced an extended warranty recently at several dealers, cost has gone up a lot.   Expect that is due to claims going up.

Tough time to be in the MC business.  HD dealers did a lot of modifications for customers, expect that has slowed down a lot.  The dealers that care - and there are a lot of them - are in a tough spot.  Declining sales, fewer add ons, and increased competition. The dealers that do not care will just make hay while the sun shines and then cut their losses & bail when they think the timing is right.  Am expecting a decrease in HD dealer numbers as sales continue to drop.  Innovation - a true new and better mousetrap - could change that.  Not expecting that, am figuring on HD raising prices to maintain profits instead of "100 new and exciting models blah blah." 

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2018, 01:24:20 PM »

Harley bashing has been around for ever. I love my 2017 m8 cvo limited. Almost 6k trouble free miles, I ride all my bikes hard. Taking it for a long road trip to cape Breton in another few weeks.  I remember all the Harley bashing that was going on in 2007 when I bought a cvo roadking .
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »

I am sure there are bad situations out there. I have said this before, most forums had a lot of negative comments about whatever the forum is for. When you are unhappy you post something.  People that don't have issues are not posting. I love my bike and the dealer support I have had is great.  I know some dealers are not good and some bikes clearly have issues. I see the same things in my Yamaha jet boat forum.  The good thing is the forum can provide information and support on how to handle the issue, the dealer and even HD.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »

I am sure there are bad situations out there. I have said this before, most forums had a lot of negative comments about whatever the forum is for. When you are unhappy you post something.  People that don't have issues are not posting. I love my bike and the dealer support I have had is great.  I know some dealers are not good and some bikes clearly have issues. I see the same things in my Yamaha jet boat forum.  The good thing is the forum can provide information and support on how to handle the issue, the dealer and even HD.
so if your read information  that I informative your labeling it negative??  wow

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2018, 08:18:25 AM »

Information is always good and helpful. My point is more around recognizing that here (and anywhere) there will be posts of bad experiences and with the knowledge everyone has on this forum that problem can receive a lot of good feedback and suggestions on how to fix or handle the problem, work with the dealer, service, etc. What is sometimes hard to keep in mind that there are also many people who don't have problems and are not posting.  It is easy to get into eh thinking around how bad something is based since that is what many posts are about. I am simply suggesting there are lots of people that are not having problems.  Harley like any company/product will have issues but they also have many products that just run without issues.  Just my thoughts on how I keep things in perspective. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »

An example of this behavior is online restaurant or business reviews.  No matter how good the business or food is, somebody will give them 1 star & be mad about something.  Meanwhile a thousand people do not review the place because they had a good time, etc. & are not motivated to say so.  Human nature. If you read reviews & refuse to do business because of a negative or 2, not much out there. Especially applies to forums like this on products/service.  There are some exceptions.  If it's all or almost all negative reviews will tend to avoid a business because....if local in time they will go out of business.  This just happened to a couple of local restaurants that were lousy & over priced.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2018, 04:20:11 PM »

It seems a company that has been around over 100 years should be delivering a lot more long straws than short ones. :nixweiss:

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2018, 11:02:33 PM »

It seems a company that has been around over 100 years should be delivering a lot more long straws than short ones. :nixweiss:

Maybe. Unless the government intervenes and bans straws altogether   :o

Kclarke

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2018, 06:11:11 AM »

:worthless:$75K 😂🤣😂
Fullsac 2.0 CVO Power Core
Fullsac Header
Heavy Breather
Screaming Eagle Tuner
Screaming Eagle Auto Tuner
Torque Cam
Torque Cam

CVOFla

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 18 CVO SG Lava Org
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2018, 08:19:10 AM »

You caint please everyone so you might as well please yourself!  :huepfenjump3:

All I know is that I love my dealer here in Sanford Florida  :orange:
The second mouse gets the cheese.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.