Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Air flow gauge  (Read 712 times)

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Air flow gauge
« on: April 20, 2018, 02:57:29 PM »

Think the gauge sensor is faulty.

The pic is where the gauge goes to straight away,...pic taken three seconds after startup. Cold motor

Could anyone explain to me where the sensor is located  :nixweiss:

ultrarider123

Re: Air flow gauge
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 03:19:33 PM »

Hey Pete, that gauge is for the ambient temperature only, not anything to do with the bike itself.  It would'a been more useful if when it got to 32 degrees, there was a nice note on the dash saying "don't forget your coat, it's cold outside" or when it's 90 degrees, "stay cool"... ;D

Lots of folks removed that gauge for something that was actually bike related.  While it's nice knowing how hot/cold it is outside, if your heading out to ride, you already know what the air feels like.... :2vrolijk_21:

....or did you already know that and just being funny....and I bit.... ::) :bananarock: :huepfenjump3:  :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:21:39 PM by Haird »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »

Hey Pete, that gauge is for the ambient temperature only, not anything to do with the bike itself.  It would'a been more useful if when it got to 32 degrees, there was a nice note on the dash saying "don't forget your coat, it's cold outside" or when it's 90 degrees, "stay cool"... ;D

Lots of folks removed that gauge for something that was actually bike related.  While it's nice knowing how hot/cold it is outside, if your heading out to ride, you already know what the air feels like.... :2vrolijk_21:

....or did you already know that and just being funny....and I bit.... ::) :bananarock: :huepfenjump3:  :huepfenlol2:

:D  :D  :D  Hi Howard,
Yea you did nibble on it a bit buddy. As it's the 20th of April I couldn't believe the gauge. It was recorded the hottest day at this time for 70 year.   :2vrolijk_21:

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 06:48:11 PM »

That gauge on my 05 banana is as useless as s**t. Needle bounces around like a tach.  >:(
John

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »

There's a reason that one is called the rain gauge.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.