Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 2018 BMW K1600B has joined the fleet!  (Read 4614 times)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
2018 BMW K1600B has joined the fleet!
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »

I just took delivery of a very slightly used 2018 BMW K1600B. Did a quick 80 mile rip on it this morning in a desolate area along the Colorado river on the California side of the Parker Strip. First things first. The speed limiter is firm at 130 MPH, and you can hit it in 4th gear. Brakes and suspension are crazy good. After I got done exploring it's upper limits, I set the suspension on the soft "cruise" setting and let it do its thing. Effortless machine to just ride along on. Put it in 6th and downshifting is optional all the way down to 1200 RPM, about 35 MPH. Just roll it and it pulls away with out any drama. Extremely docile and easy to maneuver at any speed. Use the gearbox and allow the tach to climb towards the 8500 RPM limiter and it smoothly transitions into "Super Bike" mode with an F1 exhaust note to match. An amazing piece of technology for sure. Am I selling my Harley? Come on, it wasn't that good! Lol... But it sure is fun! Can't wait to get it on the dyno and test some mufflers!

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:16:37 PM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: 2018 BMW K1600B has joined the fleet!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 01:31:26 PM »

Wow, everything we wish HD was and more. Nice feedback. :drink:

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 03:03:25 PM »

Wow, everything we wish HD was and more. Nice feedback. :drink:

And stock to boot.  Imagine taking home an HD product and not having to change anything performance wise.....I can't....

Good looking bike, Steve.  Looking forward to following this thread on power results and muffler mods/options.  Good luck and enjoy....

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:05:49 PM »

And stock to boot.  Imagine taking home an HD product and not having to change anything performance wise.....I can't....

Good looking bike, Steve.  Looking forward to following this thread on power results and muffler mods/options.  Good luck and enjoy....
I guess I could have two of these plus extras for what I dumped in my 07 I hate to admit. :'(

lyn.husen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 05:51:44 PM »

I guess I could have two of these plus extras for what I dumped in my 07 I hate to admit. :'(
Ain’t that the truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »

I test rode the same model this morning, in Sturgis.  My experience is in line with what Steve experienced.....

The funnest part is twisting the wick all the way to the stop and holding it there as you shift through the gears to 6th....and it happens mighty fast so pay attention and get a good grip. 

I test rode the BMW Grand America last week (two days) and the only difference is that the Grand America has a top box (tour pack) and has a speed limiter of 101 mph.  It seemed to me today that the B reaches 100 mph much faster than the GA.  That may be an illusion due to the shorter windscreen on the B and so you do feel much more of the air coming at your face/helmet.

In 2nd gear at 2500 rpm if you blip the throttle I thought I felt the back tire spin just a bit and the front jumps up to the point where it feels like the front wheel wants to come off the ground.  Sure don't feel that on a Harley at 2500 rpm.  I did have a sense of I have to pay closer attention and be more focused.....that somebody could get in trouble really quick if you get complacent.  That is a good thing until you get in trouble and then it could be a real bad (spell that U-G-L-Y) thing real quick.

I don't know what to call this thing except maybe "rocket bagger".  It is a damn fun bike to ride.....even before Steve works his Fullsac magic.  But, for the record, I've already put in an official request for an appt. to Fullsac to be the second (right after Steve finishes his) :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 05:52:53 PM »

No guess Terry, you could have......and much more reliable too!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »

As I returned to the BMW dealership in Sturgis today, a gentleman rode in on a B model from Wyoming that has a Corbin seat on his.  He also had an aftermarket wind screen (taller) and risers that move the bars 1 1/2"   up and 1 1/2" back.

I'm very familiar with Corbin however, not on a BMW.  So he let me sit on his bike......even put the backrest on for me to experience what that felt like.  I felt like I could have rode 1,000 miles at 100 mph and be done in ten hours.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 05:59:09 PM »

Another of the Corbin seat.....

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 06:05:00 PM »

Uh oh, you will have to add a Saturday to Corbin now as well as Fullsac. Great shirt JC :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »

Uh oh, you will have to add a Saturday to Corbin now as well as Fullsac. Great shirt JC :2vrolijk_21:

Roger posted that you can now ride in to Corbin during the week if you make an appt. ahead of time.  I thought that was interesting.....for 20 years they would only do ride ins on Sat.   :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

09nessrg

• Junior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2012 Skunk CVO
    • CVO3: 2009 RG Custom
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 10:50:26 PM »

So did you add it to the stable?

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 11:00:10 PM »

Oops, a couple parts came loose?

Steve@fullsac.com
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 11:54:58 PM »

I test rode the same model this morning, in Sturgis.  My experience is in line with what Steve experienced.....

The funnest part is twisting the wick all the way to the stop and holding it there as you shift through the gears to 6th....and it happens mighty fast so pay attention and get a good grip. 

I test rode the BMW Grand America last week (two days) and the only difference is that the Grand America has a top box (tour pack) and has a speed limiter of 101 mph.  It seemed to me today that the B reaches 100 mph much faster than the GA.  That may be an illusion due to the shorter windscreen on the B and so you do feel much more of the air coming at your face/helmet.

In 2nd gear at 2500 rpm if you blip the throttle I thought I felt the back tire spin just a bit and the front jumps up to the point where it feels like the front wheel wants to come off the ground.  Sure don't feel that on a Harley at 2500 rpm.  I did have a sense of I have to pay closer attention and be more focused.....that somebody could get in trouble really quick if you get complacent.  That is a good thing until you get in trouble and then it could be a real bad (spell that U-G-L-Y) thing real quick.

I don't know what to call this thing except maybe "rocket bagger".  It is a damn fun bike to ride.....even before Steve works his Fullsac magic.  But, for the record, I've already put in an official request for an appt. to Fullsac to be the second (right after Steve finishes his) :2vrolijk_21:
When I rode the bike I felt like I was definitely going to have "up my game" when I get it. Even with my 124 I never feel like I am testing the edge of the envelope of my riding skills though of course not saying I don't have many "pucker moments" but usually they are due to mis judging or losing my attention for a moment more than the bike is pushing me. When I rode the BMW i was in the middle of nowhere and I ran it ton the limiter in the first 3 gears and was like "holy sh__", I became a total passenger form a bit there..
Great thread Steve, looking forward to watching your progress here!
Alan

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 11:55:59 PM »

Oops, a couple parts came loose?

Steve@fullsac.com

Yer not done yet?  What's the hold up?   :P

West Coast GTG   
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.