Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Betty gets a Russell Day Long (RDL) custom seat.  (Read 2967 times)

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
Re: Betty gets a Russell Day Long (RDL) custom seat.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 11:12:07 AM »

When I bought mine I picked up a used seat on Ebay cheap and had it shipped straight to Russell. That way I didn't have to be without my seat for a long time. Still had to wait about 10 weeks if I remember correctly.

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 11:15:25 AM »

As if last week, the closest appointment is Oct. 4 and 5th......approx. 4 1/2 months away.  They only do one "ride in" custom seat a day, three days a week.

Yup. They get a big backlog during the spring and summer. Winter is the best time to schedule. I reserved my date in January and could have got a March date. However, I wanted to make a nice trip of it and scheduled a date in mid May.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 11:22:45 AM »

When I bought mine I picked up a used seat on Ebay cheap and had it shipped straight to Russell. That way I didn't have to be without my seat for a long time. Still had to wait about 10 weeks if I remember correctly.

That’s the least painful way to go. You can still ride while waiting for your RDL. Then turn around and sell your original seat. Or hold onto your stock seat and pull the RDL if you sell the bike.

A used RDL is usually a quick sell on eBay at a decent price.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 11:51:53 AM »

Nice comfortable looking seat! I hear they are very popular with the long distance crowd.
I have always called modifications to my vehicles as mods and it's strange to hear other people's words for a mod. It probably is a sign of my age but this is my first thought when I hear the term farkle (mainly on import bike sites).
Rowan and Martin's Laugh In days.....
Ha, you can tell Simon owns another manufacturers bike as well. Currently also owing Honda, BMW and Suzuki I see the “F” word (I can’t even type it) used a lot on the their forums, and I post that pic as well. First time I’ve seen the word used here, hopefully it won’t catch on 😀.
Russels are the bomb, expensive though. Currently they are the only manufacturer to use their patented spring suspension in their seats. There are a couple other seat manufacturers in the Redding area that make the winged seats as well. Not quite a Russel, but less costly and no extra ride in fee. Although I love the Russel, I’ll be heading to that area in a few weeks to get a couple of seats for my Honda’s from Seth Laam as they are less costly.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »

Ha, you can tell Simon owns another manufacturers bike as well. Currently also owing Honda, BMW and Suzuki I see the “F” word (I can’t even type it) used a lot on the their forums, and I post that pic as well. First time I’ve seen the word used here, hopefully it won’t catch on 😀.
Russels are the bomb, expensive though. Currently they are the only manufacturer to use their patented spring suspension in their seats. There are a couple other seat manufacturers in the Redding area that make the winged seats as well. Not quite a Russel, but less costly and no extra ride in fee. Although I love the Russel, I’ll be heading to that area in a few weeks to get a couple of seats for my Honda’s from Seth Laam as they are less costly.

With my size and weight, going with anything other than a Russell would be a waste of money.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 07:43:01 PM »

Thank you for the review. Wife and I have been really researching this seat and it sure sounds like the way to go. You review just enforced that thought. We have been watching the schedule dates and are going to wait till we start seeing late Nov or early Dec to schedule a date. Just wondering how wide is the seating area for the BSR? Her comfort is the most important part of this to me
Most great stores start with a bad decision

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 10:17:02 PM »

Thank you for the review. Wife and I have been really researching this seat and it sure sounds like the way to go. You review just enforced that thought. We have been watching the schedule dates and are going to wait till we start seeing late Nov or early Dec to schedule a date. Just wondering how wide is the seating area for the BSR? Her comfort is the most important part of this to me

The width will be commensurate to her weight. For a more specific answer call RDL, ask for Jay and he can help. Also, feel free to tell him Simon put a review up on CVOHARLEY.com.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 10:24:57 PM »

The width will be commensurate to her weight. For a more specific answer call RDL, ask for Jay and he can help. Also, feel free to tell him Simon put a review up on CVOHARLEY.com.

Thank you for the contact. I will be making that call
Most great stores start with a bad decision
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 21 queries.