Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: We lost the queen of soul on the anniversary of losing the king of rock  (Read 1321 times)

ultrarider123

Aretha Franklin, the "Queen of Soul" whose recordings of such classics as "Respect" and "Chain of Fools" made her the first female artist to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, died on Aug. 16, 2018 of advanced pancreatic cancer. She was 76

She passed on the 41st anniversary of the death of the king of rock and roll, Elvis Presley.

She will be missed but, as we know from the king's passing, that voice of hers will go on for many, many years...

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: We lost the queen of soul on the anniversary of losing the king of rock
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 02:53:45 PM »

Well stated Howard. She was amazing!!
I didn't realize that it was the same day that Elvis passed.
I remember where I was and what I was doing on that day and at that moment when I heard of his passing on the radio.

Do you?
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »

Aretha - what a voice! She could turn a phrase & had the pipes to do it.  RIP Queen of Soul.

BTW - Elvis is the hardest working dead guy in the history of rock and roll.  Makes more money dead than alive.   8)
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »

Well stated Howard. She was amazing!!
I didn't realize that it was the same day that Elvis passed.
I remember where I was and what I was doing on that day and at that moment when I heard of his passing on the radio.

Do you?

Just got back home from the national scout jamboree at Moraine State Park in Pennsylvania.  The troop took the long way home going through DC for a few days.  Got home that Saturday to find out Elvis had died.

Had a chance to see him in 1976 at VBCC in Huntsville, AL.  Mom got two tickets.  I choose to go on another scout trip and mom took my first cousin.  Looking back, sure wish I had gone to the concert...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:12:36 PM by Haird »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 10:04:11 PM »

We've all lost yet another great signing artest of our errar,  sad, sad, sad. May she REST IN PEACE!

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 09:39:31 AM »

I guess I’ll have to hear about Elvis and Aretha and babe Ruth some more on my birthday every year.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.