Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radio/Faring Brackets  (Read 843 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Radio/Faring Brackets
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:44:53 PM »

The metal (left) faring bracket which also holds the radio on my bike has cracked. Looks like it has been cracked for a long time too. This could also be the reason why I have gone thru 8 head units on my 2011. I am surprised that the stealer did not see it when they replaced the head unit last year. So now that the warranty is up and I have to repair it....surprise, lol.

I had it welded and put it back together but I know it is going to crack again. Just wondering if anyone has tried and is using these brackets. They are made by Alloy Art, Strong Arm Brackets. They claim to be better than the stock metal.

Did a search and nothing is coming up on these brackets yet a simple google search shows this is/was a big problem for the bat wing up to 2013.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

Re: Radio/Faring Brackets
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:47:24 PM »

Also, should I go for the speaker brackets too or are the two main ones good enough?

They sell all four or just the main two.

Thanks.

Mano.

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 05:02:28 PM »

Its gotta be better than the stock crap.  I had cracks in both my main fairing brackets and on one of the speaker brackets.
Hair of the Dog

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 10:27:02 AM »

Well if they are better I will find out. I had two broken brackets and one cracked. so out of the four brackets only one was good. No wonder I went thru 8 head units in 8 years. I was surprised that the mechanics replacing the radio did not inspect the brackets before installing a new one. You can tell they were broken for a while now. You do have to remove the tie wraps and move the wires to really see/inspect them. I had Iron Cross repair my radio and that's the one thing they told be, inspect the faring brackets. So this is what it looks like now.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 10:27:48 AM »

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.