Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clutch lever jammed  (Read 1344 times)

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 flhtcuse 1
    • CVO2: 2007 flhtcuse 2
    • CVO3: 2008 flhtcuse 3
Clutch lever jammed
« on: August 24, 2018, 07:23:23 AM »

Tired of buying compensator sprockets so I went with BDL: primary belt drive. BDL sent wrong length push rod which has an extension with two o rings to eliminate tranny oil from leaking out shaft. I pulled out old pushrod and measured and cut and tapered another one to be the proper length to work with the 2" extension with the O-rings. Bike set in my garage for about five days with the original pushrod removed. Received proper parts and installed with ease. Went to pull in my clutch and the lever is locked tight. Will not move 1/4 inch. I bled the line from the reservoir to the clutch hosing on right side. Lever worked fine in the bleeding process. Tried the clutch lever again and still locked tight. Anyone have a solution?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Clutch lever jammed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:15:42 PM »

You may have too short of a pushrod. The slave cylinder down below could be out at its travel limit.

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 12:42:07 PM »

You may have too short of a pushrod. The slave cylinder down below could be out at its travel limit.
No, checked and pushrod is standard length for 2008 CVO. The one that BDL sent was 1/2 inch too short and that was the reason to change to the longer one.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:35:51 PM »

It was just a suggestion, I've seen it before. Even thought the new rod is the same length as the stock rod the clutch stack height and where the rod engages the the thrust bearing in the pressure plate may differ.

mcdonaldroadcapt

• CVO Third Time around
  • Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 05:16:24 PM »

It was just a suggestion, I've seen it before. Even thought the new rod is the same length as the stock rod the clutch stack height and where the rod engages the the thrust bearing in the pressure plate may differ.
OK thanks for info. Still haven't figured it out yet. Finally sent it to shop and awaiting answer.

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 22 queries.