Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: 103 builds, recommend big bore kits, best bang for your buck, questions  (Read 19272 times)

prodrag1320

• AMRA & AHDRA P/D record holder
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

if your looking for good HP/TQ but still truly tour & do long distances on the bike,i would really look into doing a 124",even in a very mild build,your going to do more than a aggressive build 110 and have tons more reliability.we do a lot of 124" here,starting at 3500.00,feel free to give a call

MCE

Kirby,
Are those the heads you're using on the 124s? I'm curious b/c we were thinking of trying
those on a 124.

(+1 Adding displacement is the most reliable way to increase TQ)

Thanks,
-Matt

MCE

The s&s 110 bolt on cylinders are no longer steel....some form of centrifical cast iron

If you want an honest 130/130 build a 113/117

Last one that left here with a pretty mild cam made 129/141 with a junk eBay Dan Moto pipe

John, was it an SE255 cam set by chance? haha
Just kidding...

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

Kirby,
Are those the heads you're using on the 124s? I'm curious b/c we were thinking of trying
those on a 124.

(+1 Adding displacement is the most reliable way to increase TQ)

Thanks,
-Matt

No,just a old pic.I like the 110 heads for 124 builds.I have use many 103 heads with very good results though

MCE

Thanks for the reply.

We want to try some 103 casting on a 124 (or 117) to capture some data.

The models I've made seem to suggest that they can work just fine. I just
want to try it and see if my theories are correct.

prodrag1320

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

just as the 110 heads chamber is too big for most smaller builds,the 103 heads are too small for most 124 builds.not a deal stopper by any means,just more work for each build

MCE

just as the 110 heads chamber is too big for most smaller builds,the 103 heads are too small for most 124 builds.not a deal stopper by any means,just more work for each build

Part of the plan is to open up the chamber Kirby. I'm going to un-shroud the valve(s) while adding chamber volume.
No surface milling in the cards (other than maybe a cleanup cut). We'll get the chamber figured out as we get closer.

Thanks!

ps: The goal is to make a Torque monster for street/cruising. (not a high HP engine, but we'll see where that ends up)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:07:41 AM by MCE Performance »

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2005 Fatboy CVO Plaitum Mist Slate

can any one send me a link to what the think the best 110 kit is or what I would need.  2005 Fatboy cvo.  Will my heads work this with if I get them massaged over.  Or do I need a new set?  I contacted fuel Moto and this was there response.  Quote 

"Brandon

Thanks for reaching out to Fuel Moto. Sorry to say we do not have a 110 kit for your 2005 Softail. We do not have a piston that mates up with the cylinder head used on the 2005 CVO 103.

Please get back to me with any questions.

Thank you.........Bob"

As always Many thanks fellas !!!!!!

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

Fellas here what I was thinking about getting.  Please give me some feed back or point be in a better direction.  See attachment.

Also need to know what I need to do with my heads with this or if I can use them.  Bob from Fuel Moto says the heads in that kit wont work on my bike.

Thanks Brandon

MCE

Brandon,

Get yourself a set of 103 take-offs and have them worked over. I've done (the machine work on) quite a few,
they get anywhere between 126/126 to 130/130 depending on the pipes and TB used.

The engine builders used the S&S conversion cylinders on those builds.

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

what do you think of that Kit above

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

buy the time I buy a set of heads for evil bay for 200, have them massaged I'm guessing 500 to 8 or 900 maybe. then throwing the goodies in them.  Would I be better off just buying a new set of S and S heads done up?

Many thanks

MCE

I hate to say this, but S&S' heads aren't that good. in fact they're terrible (their "Super Stock" heads anyway) 
You'd have to put a bunch of work in them to make em decent. So, in short, NO!

Anastasia_05

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

thank you sir I appreciate your honesty.   

MCE

That was really hard for me to say publicly, but I have to be honest. Generally speaking, S&S' products are
very very good. But those Super Stock heads are severely lacking. I don't know what they were thinking.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.