Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check valve failure  (Read 851 times)

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Check valve failure
« on: September 05, 2018, 10:04:25 PM »

This may be common knowledge for some here, but wasn't for me. I had the bike lay down on me Monday on the way home from a weekend camping trip. First time in her 82,000 mile life she needed a ride home, and could have probably been fixed along side of the road if I had know or understood. Still not sure that I fully understand how it happened but lack of better way of explaining the bike ran out of gas running down the road. Messed with it for a bit along side the highway till I finally got tired of the traffic getting so close and getting cover with gas. If I released the fuel line from the tank there would be a steady stream of gas flowing through the check so the valve was not seating, and if I hooked the line back up and pressed up hard the bike would run. Long story short hauled the bike home and pulled the check valve/ quick couple from the tank and found the o-ring had somehow dislodged from the set and was preventing gas from reaching the fuel line. Quick push with a pick and it worked back into the register and now is working fine. Maybe this will help someone in the future.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Check valve failure
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 10:46:28 PM »

...and for anyone that might ever need or wish to replace that o-ring (it's usually the lower one that leaks or causes problems) or repair the entire coupler assembly the MoCo does not supply parts kits.  You can, however, get parts and tools for the job from a place called Fuel-Tool.

fueltool.com

Video the company has posted showing the little job (just found this myself) seen here:

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:16:59 PM »

Thanks for posting that Don, and for the help
Most great stores start with a bad decision

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:30:22 PM »

Most important thing was you got home with no drama.  Everything else is just crap we learn along the way  :2vrolijk_21: .

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.