Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Earplugs  (Read 2846 times)

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Earplugs
« on: September 11, 2018, 09:25:47 PM »

does anyone have a good recommendation for some ear plugs that will help with the wind but let me still be able to hear  the stereo. I tried regular ear plugs last week they worked ok but I think there might be better.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Earplugs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:36:01 PM »

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:37:42 PM by dayne66 »
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 12:25:41 AM »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »

These work great for me. They do exactly what you ask. They cut the wind and motor noise but I can hear my music very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Nonoise-Motor-Generation-Ceramic-Filter/dp/B00EDHWELY/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1536726182&sr=8-3&keywords=no+noise+motorsport+earplugs&dpID=41jasrReLAL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
I just ordered a pair to try, they sound like what I would need. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

electraglideclyde

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • GA

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 08:51:17 AM »

I use the Ear Peace plugs and am very happy with them.  They come with three different filters to adjust the level to your preference.  The noise reduction rating for the different filters is 11, 14 & 19 db.
Hair of the Dog

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 10:52:18 AM »

Over the years I have tried all manner of ear plugs from foam to custom molded ones. To me they all work the same. Right now I am using the silicone orange ones from the hardware store. They work well and and long handles on the back. This makes it easy to use and adjust while wearing gloves. I like that I can wear them on the freeway, then when we pull into town I can pop them out at an intersection with gloves on.

Of course this is when I use my half helmet.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

2ROWDY

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »

Earpeace
2005 FLHTCSE2, RINEHART TRUE DUALS, FUEL MOTO AC/DC AIR CLEANER, DYNOJET POWER VISION FROM FUEL MOTO.

winkjr

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 05:12:41 AM »

Earpeace
  I use the Ear Peace plugs and am very happy with them.  They come with three different filters to adjust the level to your preference.  The noise reduction rating for the different filters is 11, 14 & 19 db.

Under your recommendations I or ordered the earpeace. They were cheaper on the website than from prime. you get a 10% discount if you order 2 so for $38 you get 3 pairs and free shipping.  A Im not to sure why they give you 3 in package but I guess so if you buy 2 you get 3 pairs.
Don't let that distract you from the fact that In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The  A-Team.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.