Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heated grips not super hot  (Read 3888 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Heated grips not super hot
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 06:27:33 AM »

Might be seen as a dumb question but, Are you sure you're wiring them up correctly? Almost sounds like they're wired backwards.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

CJ CYCLE

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CJ CYCLE
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 10:46:42 PM »

Might be seen as a dumb question but, Are you sure you're wiring them up correctly? Almost sounds like they're wired backwards.

Installed correctly.  Isn't the first pair I've installed.  In fact, installed a pair on a 2018 Fat Bob and they work great.  I spent 1/2 day at dealership yesterday.  They did finally take back the first pair, after testing them they weren't heating up.  They were out of the black Kahuna heated grips.  They tested the chrome Kahuna and they heated up a lot better than mine.  So, the Parts manager is going to order a set of the black ones, test them, and then if they heat up more than the new ones I installed, he said he would swap me out again.  So.  I have to say, I am pleased they are taking care of the problem.  Lone Wolf H-D in Spokane, WA.
CHOPS

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 02:57:39 PM »

Some good information here. Recently grips suddenly stopped making any heat have not got into checking them out and the dealer politely informed me the parts and labor warranty has ran out go figure.

My grips were added on factory H.D. heated grips on `15 CVO S.G. installed by dealer three years ago used less than three hours and never on high like others here said they get super hot past at mid setting normally run at 2-4.

My friend has heat Demon's on his `03 S.E.R.K. with over 100k miles on the bike and never had a minutes problem with them. Will go Heat Domon route should the H.D. grips be defective.

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 05:22:18 PM »

I've got the OEM on an '08 and a '10, lots of miles and use. Both work fine, go figure.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 05:31:18 PM »

Mine have never worked very well on my 2016 cvo street glide. I have had  them looked at and was told they where in spec. They seem to heat up and the drop way off and not want to get real hot again.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.