Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bass distortion  (Read 572 times)

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE
Bass distortion
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:09:40 PM »

So I traded my ‘17 FLHXSE on a ‘19 FLHXSE. My 17 sounded just fine and I was actually thinking about adding the fairing speakers on it. While at a dealer I really liked the 2 tone red bike in the showroom. So we made the deal.
Now on my new ride, the bass will sound, muddy, distorted or just plain crappy. Not all the time, just under certain conditions. I listen to rock music mostly. I’ve lowered the bass settings and have the AVC set at 1. It seemed to make it better, but it will still happen.
Sounds to me it’s mostly the right rear saddle bag. Do I have a bad speaker or do I need new ears!
Previously had a ‘12 CVO Limited which sounded fine. Traded it on a ‘14 CVO Limited which never sounded good, kinda like my ‘19 on bass sounding distorted. My next bike was the ‘17 FLHXSE which had good sound, never sounding distorted on the bass. Now I’m back to crappy bass sounds again!
I did mention it to my dealer and they said to use it awhile and if I’m not happy, they will do what it takes.
Any suggestions on settings? I have the fade set in the middle and the bass a couple bumps down from the middle.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: Bass distortion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »

Open up said saddlebag lid and play your music. You should hear clearly if your woofer is broken/blown. If it is, you can temporarily unplug the woofer part of the speaker until they replace it for you.
You should be able to run both your bass and treble a couple clicks north of flat if you like and have a great sound so it sounds like something is definitely wrong.

Good luck!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 20 queries.