Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fast up rear air ride with dash switches  (Read 2104 times)

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
Fast up rear air ride with dash switches
« on: January 17, 2019, 07:32:17 AM »

I was looking at getting the JNR Designs fast up rear air ride with dash switches, but they told me their tank wouldn't work because of the Boom II plug on saddlebag? I want this set up, anyone got any suggestions for a different air tank? :pepper:

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
Re: Fast up rear air ride with dash switches
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 11:48:06 AM »

Hey Michael, check with "Puzzled" he seems to have really good luck with Dirty Air from Dirtyworks on his builds.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 02:53:47 PM »

This is interesting...  I spoke w JNR several months ago and they were working on both Compressor Mounts as well as Tank mounts for the CVO models w saddle bag plugs.   I wonder if they didn't see a market and quit/gave up.   I might follow up w an email reply to previous conversation w them and see what happened.   I bet with a little fab work, using the compressor mount that they sell, you could modify it to accommodate a tank, I did the same for the compressor mount to work around the CVO plugs.
Edit.... I just saw this, not what I used but maybe even easier to mount a tank.
https://jnrdesigned.com/FAQ/2014-and-newer-with-boom-ii-audio-2017-and-up-cvos-or-filler-panel-lights
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:57:17 PM by CVOSGJoe »
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 08:49:02 PM »

Regardless of which company you use you will have to move the electrical plugs to the bags if running dual exhaust.

Remove the plug and fabricate a cover with gasket. (I've contemplated having a few sets cut when I cut the next set)

Cut a new hole in front of the shock like the previous bags had.

I know not everyone is ok with cutting a hole in your CVO bags however it is minor in comparison......
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

michaelokielee@yahoo.com

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE / Traded
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 01:23:57 PM »

Regardless of which company you use you will have to move the electrical plugs to the bags if running dual exhaust.
Remove the plug and fabricate a cover with gasket. (I've contemplated having a few sets cut when I cut the next set)
Cut a new hole in front of the shock like the previous bags had.
I know not everyone is ok with cutting a hole in your CVO bags however it is minor in comparison......

I ended up going with JNR Designed and put the tank in the bag temporarily.  I used their special mount for the compressor for CVO's on the right side and I will put the Tank on the left side and get another audio plug and install it at the top of the bag.  I will post pics when I mount the audio plug.  It is a great system, easy to install, love the ASS UP and ASS DOWN dash switches and it goes up a lot faster that the previous Exotic Custom system I had on my 13. I had a few questions getting it done and JNR Designed customer service was awesome, I would highly recommend them based on my experience.  :pepper: :pepper:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:26:21 PM by michaelokielee@yahoo.com »

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.