Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 117 and ESP Warranty  (Read 1499 times)

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

117 and ESP Warranty
« on: February 24, 2019, 02:59:55 PM »

Just got back from a long trip and found a leak at the base rear cylinder.  Took it to my dealership in Vegas and they will cover it under the ESP warranty but service manager did tell me that Harley was asking about mods and specifically the tune.  The bike is a 16 cvo limited with the twincam stage 4 117 and rineharts but I run the Harley street tuner.  I know the manager so not a concern at my local dealership but it looks like Harley is being quite strict with performance pipes and aftermarket tuners.  it appears they have had issues with the M8 stage 4 upgrades and Harley is asking the dealer to check the tune.  I have the 7 year ESP warranty and just correcting this cylinder leak would have been a chunk of change (along with other warranty issues I had before) so the extended contract certainly gives me peace of mind.  I don't want to deal with Harley if I ever need major work done at any dealership so thinking of switching back to stock headers.  So just an fyi on the Harley warranty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 117 and ESP Warranty
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 07:09:35 PM »

Just got back from a long trip and found a leak at the base rear cylinder.  Took it to my dealership in Vegas and they will cover it under the ESP warranty but service manager did tell me that Harley was asking about mods and specifically the tune.  The bike is a 16 cvo limited with the twincam stage 4 117 and rineharts but I run the Harley street tuner.  I know the manager so not a concern at my local dealership but it looks like Harley is being quite strict with performance pipes and aftermarket tuners.  it appears they have had issues with the M8 stage 4 upgrades and Harley is asking the dealer to check the tune.  I have the 7 year ESP warranty and just correcting this cylinder leak would have been a chunk of change (along with other warranty issues I had before) so the extended contract certainly gives me peace of mind.  I don't want to deal with Harley if I ever need major work done at any dealership so thinking of switching back to stock headers.  So just an fyi on the Harley warranty

Why are Harley's questions even in the mix to question an ESP repair?  Two separate companies and payers.

fkhan726

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NV

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 04:25:36 PM »

Why are Harley's questions even in the mix to question an ESP repair?  Two separate companies and payers.

I have the Harley extended service plan - 7 years unlimited miles purchased from Harley and transferred to me as I bought the bike used. 

ultrarider123

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:29:25 PM »

I have the Harley extended service plan - 7 years unlimited miles purchased from Harley and transferred to me as I bought the bike used.

I'll let someone else talk to the warranty/esp item conflicts but I can see why 2lane was questioning your original post. I have read it several times and get a different take on it each time...the paragraph seems to contradict in several places. Not saying you are incorrect, just that to me, it doesn't make sense.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.