Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding a headset to a 2019 bike that came with a WHIM  (Read 452 times)

phrogg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

Adding a headset to a 2019 bike that came with a WHIM
« on: March 11, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »

As a few others have noted, there are some issues trying to use the wireless headsets, especially with a half helmet.  The mic just wants to stay on all the time, etc.  Well I have a bunch of J&M wired headsets and they work absolutely wonderfully in the same situation. 

So, how can I add a wired headset connection to my 2019 bike?  It came with the WHIM and isn't set up for adding the 7 pin. 

There is a connector (on the road glide) on the right side as you are looking in the front of the fairing that fits the connector for the 7 pin cable from the 2015 bike, but if you disconnect that cable it turns off the bike.  Seems like there is a jumper cable of some sort that goes in the earlier bike that gives you another connection so you can plug in that headset cord.  And the 2019 Ultra has a headset and you have to add the WHIM.  So maybe there is a cable setup that will work for this.  The cable that connects to the WHIM module itself is actually a pin wider so that's not the right one.  I'd appreciate any directions.

Thanks!

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.