Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Supertrapp SE's  (Read 3031 times)

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
Supertrapp SE's
« on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »

Anyone have these slip-ons on their bagger?  They appear to perform well and sound well (Good tone, not much louder than stock - my pref).  I'm a little nervous about where the muffler connects to the headers.  This looks like prime country for potential bluing.  Any experience?  Any pics with these mufflers on your bike?  Thanks much!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Supertrapp SE's
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 12:25:41 PM »

Anyone have these slip-ons on their bagger?  They appear to perform well and sound well (Good tone, not much louder than stock - my pref).  I'm a little nervous about where the muffler connects to the headers.  This looks like prime country for potential bluing.  Any experience?  Any pics with these mufflers on your bike?  Thanks much!

Hey sf, I've used ST slipons on 4 previous RK's and really liked them. I like the tunability of them, both sound and performance. I was taking them from bike to bike and they're pretty shot now. I didn't use them on my new bike because I like the S&S SPO's better, which were'nt available then. But I will say that the ST's are also very nice mufflers. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jeepwatchman

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »

The Supertrapp SE's aren't tunable like their other slip-ons.  These new slip-os don't use their disc system.
Howard
USAF(Ret.)
2003 FLHRI
Iron Butt #26949
Patriot Guard Rider

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »

The Supertrapp SE's aren't tunable like their other slip-ons.  These new slip-os don't use their disc system.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the "SE" I don't know anything about them. My previous post refers to regular ST Slipons, not HD SE ones. Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »

These are the same mufflers that Supertrapp made for HD for years, the Screamin Eagle 98-b Performance Mufflers, dont be misled by there advertising, 3 db calculates to double the decibles of an OEM system.

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:56:57 PM »

Recent issue of Baggers compared 9 models of slip-ons, SE’s scored 2nd in HP and 1st in torque and only 1.5dB over stock volume.  Not to discredit the SE’s capability at all, but I thought that there were some of the major players absent.

Gregg

sfarson

• On a Ride
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSE3

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 12:50:26 AM »

Thanks much everyone.  Just what I was looking for.

Steve

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »

Installed then on the Wife's SERK and she is very pleased with the sound and performance. The sound is just right not to loud. Dyno tuned with power commander 93 hp 112 lbs torque.
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 11:12:59 PM »

Does anyone know
how do these pipes compare to Harleys Screaming Eagle slash cut one piece pipes as in loudness. Im looking at buying a pair these Supertrapp slippons if there quieter than the Harley mufflers.
Thanks
 Dave

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 11:20:17 PM »

Anybody see any comparisons with D&D police interceptors on these lists?

Got to replace my V&H Ovals that run at 98db...

Huh?  I didn't hear that!    :'(

Mark

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2007, 11:25:55 PM »

Anybody see any comparisons with D&D police interceptors on these lists?

Got to replace my V&H Ovals that run at 98db...

Huh?  I didn't hear that!    :'(

Mark

Hey Mark, I saw someone on the site just got them, and loves them. He too replaced mufflers that were too loud for him. I didn't want it too loud either, and use the S&S SPO's and I love them. They sound great! So there seem to be 2 to chhose from. Hoist! 8)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 11:52:32 PM »

Well that is good news - I've been monitoring that thread too so more decisions....

Glad that you got your scoot together -- hellava blow-out and good thinking on your part.

I just returned from Maui and my rental scoot lost the toe shifter about .33% through the day's ride -- but I adapted and used the heal shifter to downshift -- it took a bit to get used to.

<advice on>

dont remove heal shifter if you got it -- it is a good backup for toe shifter if you loose it...

</advice off>

Cheers,

Mark

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 11:55:46 PM »

Well that is good news - I've been monitoring that thread too so more decisions....

Glad that you got your scoot together -- hellava blow-out and good thinking on your part.

I just returned from Maui and my rental scoot lost the toe shifter about .33% through the day's ride -- but I adapted and used the heal shifter to downshift -- it took a bit to get used to.

<advice on>

dont remove heal shifter if you got it -- it is a good backup for toe shifter if you loose it...

</advice off>

Cheers,

Mark

Mark ,
   I heading to Maui in a couple of weeks .  Who did you rent the bike from?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 12:07:56 AM »

<advice on>

</advice off>

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, I couldn't just sit there staring at the broken bike. I had to come up with something!

The shifters are notorious for falling off. I have to check my bike. But when mine fell off on a trip out west, my heel shifter was on the outside. So I lost the heel shifter. But I had the toe shifter adjusted too low to get my toe under, since I'd up shift with the heel shifter. When I went to shift, and there was nothing to step on, I went to shift with my toe. I couldn't fit my foot under the shifter. So I had to shift by bending over and used my hand to up shift! Talk about goofy! It was in Sacramento and there was a dealer at the bottom of the next exit. Put a new one on and just kept going. I didn't bother adjusting the front. After all, what's the chance of it happening again on the same trip. Well, I lost the second one! And I still couldn't up shift with my foot. This time, I didn't bother with a dealer. I readjusted the toe shifter and never bothered buying another heel shifter! Hoist! 8)

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 12:12:45 AM »

I rented from Aloha toy rentals, several locations in Lahaina -- they give 10% discount with Hog card - good folks but bikes rode hard and hung up wet.

Would suggest you get scoot from Maui HD via fly and drive with your hog card (take a cab from the airport, they are very close, if it is going to be your primary transpo).  All rental bikes from them 07 with relative low milage.

Make damned sure you take the road to hana from Paia and the road from Paia to top of volcano and over to winery.   

The road to Hana and back (from Paia) is a good 6 hours minimum -- it will be one of the best rides of your life, guaranteed.  Little grocery store on the far edge of Hana is good for a 6-pack... 

The volcano is 10k high and damn cold on top year round. great ride up and the road over to the winery is top shelf (5 hrs or so).

The road on the north side from Kampalua is also killer another 4-5 hour ride.

The beaches/water are better in the Carribean so you won't miss anything -- make sure you clear 2 full days to ride a bike!

PS  -- Although I've been know to tip a few beers or many Crown & 7s to cool off halfway through rides stateside I would recommend that you drink only water or caffeine  when you do the Maui twisties.

Good luck and have great fun,

Mark
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:28:04 AM by nixobilly »

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 12:25:26 AM »

Hoist,

Don't ya just love ridin' a Harley???  Our scoots are only for thinkers!!!

I'm sure there is a Davidson in the engineering team with a twin in Manufacturing who throw us curves to see what we are made of.....

Mark

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 12:27:43 AM »

Hoist,

Don't ya just love ridin' a Harley???  Our scoots are only for thinkers!!!

I'm sure there is a Davidson in the engineering team with a twin in Manufacturing who throw us curves to see what we are made of.....

Mark

Funny Mark, sometimes I think my last 35 years of riding are a true test! I'm waiting to find out if I passed! ;D Hoist! 8)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 07:23:36 AM »

Does anyone know
how do these pipes compare to Harleys Screaming Eagle slash cut one piece pipes as in loudness. Im looking at buying a pair these Supertrapp slippons if there quieter than the Harley mufflers.
Thanks
 Dave

Don't know about the 07 versions of HD slash cut one piece, but the previous ones had a totally different sound than the model with the seperate end caps.  A lot more "tinny" and I did not care for them at all.  Plus, they don't look as nice on the bike, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 10:45:13 PM »

I bought a set of these today and I think they sound great. Good low tone .
I tried Vance & Hines ovals ( To Loud ) after three  400 mile days.          For Sale
I tried the Old Slash Cut Screaming Eagles. Just did not like the sound.    For Sale
I tried Screaming Eagle pipes with End caps. Still to loud after an all day ride. ( Could hear nothing) Sold
Touring Mufflers to quiet and no HP Or Torque.

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.