Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dodgy Performance  (Read 913 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Dodgy Performance
« on: July 01, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »

After my 1000mile service I ordered V&H TD's, Fuel Pack and KN filter to reduce the heat problem, I kept the stock mufflers.  I noticed on my way home that temperatures were a little hotter and the performance wasn't as nifty.  Where before when I opened the throttle I needed the seat to stop me being left behind but now it just pulls away.   I thought at first that was because of the free flow with the V&H TD but when I got home to my reading glasses, I noticed on my paperwork the dealer had fitted; 1584 St 1 EFI Kit and I don't think they fitted the KN filter. 
Has anyone this set-up and does the KN fit with he St 1 EFI Kit and why is there less power now than with stock.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Dodgy Performance
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 06:57:42 PM »

Are you sure Harley even sold you a K&N air filter vs. their black or blue one?   You can take off your air cleaner cover and take a look.

I have never bought a 1584 stage 1 .. they have all been 1450 stage1 or roll your own now that Harley is no longer selling the K&N Filter.   It used to be supplied in their kit, but that stopped about 18 months or so ago.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »

Are you sure Harley even sold you a K&N air filter vs. their black or blue one?   You can take off your air cleaner cover and take a look.

I have never bought a 1584 stage 1 .. they have all been 1450 stage1 or roll your own now that Harley is no longer selling the K&N Filter.   It used to be supplied in their kit, but that stopped about 18 months or so ago.

I was recommended the blue one but I don't think it has been fitted, I'll take a look this weekend.   I have not had a stage 1 fitted before, does that come with an air filter and if so would you have recommended the Stage 1

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »

If you have the blue / black air filter watch it for a while they seem to disintegrate over a short period of time and fall apart.   Since you have already bought the kit. you're kind of stuck with that air cleaner as in not returnable, but you could just buy the K&N and replace the filter and be good to go. 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.