Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: LSR 2:1 2" Turnouts vs. D&D FatCats w/ Quiet Performance Mufflers  (Read 6791 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

D&D won't be shipping the redesigned FatCats for another week or two. I'm starting to see more LSR's around here. I always loved the looks of that system. Anyone running them on and FL? Standard length or 5" longer? How's the sound, and how's the sound compared to other systems? How's the performance?

More important, does any one have, or can make, a direct comparison between the LSR 2:1 2" Turnouts and the D&D FatCats w/ Quiet Performance Mufflers? Performance. Sound. Quality. Fit and finish. That's what I'm really after most. I thought I had made the decision to go with the FatCats, but these RB Racing LSR's seem to be calling me too! And I kinda dig that SS Titanium Ceramic finish too! ;)

The D&D is a great exhaust and excellent fit and finish. I don't know much about the LSR's quality, but RB Racing is into some really deep Racing Chit, which really captures my interest! ::) Can any of you guys help with this one? TIA! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: LSR 2:1 2" Turnouts vs. D&D FatCats w/ Quiet Performance Mufflers
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 10:13:56 PM »

Ceej is running them on his :pumpkin: I believe. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »

Thanks d00d! I'll send him a PM so he sees this. :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ceej

• HD C-ustomer V-ery O-ften
  • Elite CVO Member
  • You've found CVOHarley.com, Now seek counseling...
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 10:21:49 PM »

I had the LSR 2-1 on my SEEG. Nice product, nice fit and finish. It was loud, and lacked in the bottom end power production. My head guy said he has had problems before building power with this pipe. I switched to supertrapp as I must be getting old and wanted something a lil quieter. I got a white brothers end cap that lets me run the supertrapp as open ended for HP and good sound and closed for TQ and quite. I love it. I will say the LSR is not a straight pipe as I ran the supertrapp open and it ran like crap - so the LSR has some kind of back pressure. However I also didn't like the way my LSR pipe ended a few inches up under my saddle bag, I ended up with carbon build up on the bottom of my pumpkin bag. I would be interested in a fatcat setup, but do like my SuperTrapp. The LSR IMHO was not tolerable on a bagger for extended highway runs. PS. - The LSR is what is show in my sigpic.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 10:24:50 PM by Ceej »
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

There really is a Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown........:)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 10:27:35 PM »

I had the LSR 2-1 on my SEEG. Nice product, nice fit and finish. It was loud, and lacked in the bottom end power production. My head guy said he has had problems before building power with this pipe. I switched to supertrapp as I must be getting old and wanted something a lil quiter. I got a white brothers end cap that lets me run the supertrapp as open ended for HP and good sound and closed for TQ and quite. I love it. I will say the LSR is not a straight pipe as I ran the supertrapp open and it ran like crap - so the LSR has some kind of back pressure. However I also didn't like the way my LSR pipe ended a few inches up under my saddle bag, I ended up with carbon build up on the bottom of my pumpkin bag. I would be interested in a fatcat setup, but do like my SuperTrapp.

Thanks for the report Ceej! :2vrolijk_21: I thought those LSR's would be loud. The FatCats w/Performance Mufflers are loud too, but they're supposed to be OK with the FG Quiet packing they have for them now. The bottom/mid range is supposed to be pretty good with them too. I really don't want obnoxious pipes that will get to me on a long trip. Still leaning toward the FatCats unless somebody has a compelling arguement for the LSR's. Thanks again!

Hoist! 8)

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 11:13:32 PM »

Just for clarity, I do have the bigger 2" models for big bore bikes, so it may be better suited for a 110" than a 103" with headwork. Anyone interested, I guess I should try to sell the sucker..But it is a kick azz pipe, might put it back on after a few long trips this summer and BRP in September.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 11:27:36 PM »

Just for clarity, I do have the bigger 2" models for big bore bikes, so it may be better suited for a 110" than a 103" with headwork. Anyone interested, I guess I should try to sell the sucker..But it is a kick azz pipe, might put it back on after a few long trips this summer and BRP in September.

How'd you like for me to pay the shipping so I can try them? ::) Hoist! 8)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 05:31:06 PM »

Hoist,
RB Racing also offers the LSR 2:1 Blackhole which is a very good performance pipe that is VERY quiet.  A friend has one on his S&S 116" powered Road King and you cannot even hear his over the Rineharts that many of us have.  In the past he has used D&D Boarzilla and WB E-Series w/monster baffle, but says he'll never go back to those loud pipes. The LSR Black Hole performance is on par with the others evidenced by his latest tune from Joe's Cycle Repair in Mechanicsville, NY which resulted in a very flat TQ curve that was over 110 ft/lbs just off idle and peaked at either 135 or 139.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 09:20:53 PM »

Hoist, you probably already have seen this, but here's the black hole info.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21blackhole.htm

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 09:36:19 PM »

Hoist,
RB Racing also offers the LSR 2:1 Blackhole which is a very good performance pipe that is VERY quiet.  A friend has one on his S&S 116" powered Road King and you cannot even hear his over the Rineharts that many of us have.  In the past he has used D&D Boarzilla and WB E-Series w/monster baffle, but says he'll never go back to those loud pipes. The LSR Black Hole performance is on par with the others evidenced by his latest tune from Joe's Cycle Repair in Mechanicsville, NY which resulted in a very flat TQ curve that was over 110 ft/lbs just off idle and peaked at either 135 or 139.

Yes, thanks hdfr and Talon. I've been all over their website. I love reading their chit. They're like me, they don't sugarcoat nuthin'! And it's all about speed and racing chit, which I love. I wasn't crazy about the Black Hole and always loved the look of the LSR's. But I'm not sure on the Bagger. The standard length one looks great, but heard it's a mess because it stops halfway under the bag. The longer one doesn't look as good. I'm also afraid the 2" LSR will be too loud. To top it off, Joe's tuning my bike and I had a long talk with him today. He wants me to use the Performance Muffler FatCats on this build. We'll use the quiet model w/the packing. The RB units get good top end numbers, but they're freer flowing and have less backpressure. They suffer on the bottom and lower-mid range.  Thanks for everyones input and experiences. We'll se what happens! ;) Hoist! 8)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »

Hoist, your right, the Black Hole pipes don't look as good as the other LSR pipes.

Ceej

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

Hoist, I would have no problem with you trying thes out if you'd like. I am on the road with a load this week heading for NJ. The pipe is at my buds shop, I can have him ship it to you if you'd like, get me an address.
2004 SEEG
1995 FLHR
2000 FLSTF
1968 RSSS

Eagle Rider #1747

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 12:06:23 AM »

Hoist, I would have no problem with you trying thes out if you'd like. I am on the road with a load this week heading for NJ. The pipe is at my buds shop, I can have him ship it to you if you'd like, get me an address.

Thanks Ceej, but after all the discussions, including my tuner, I'm using the FatCats. I just thought I'd check and see if I was missing out on something by not considering them. I've heard nothing bad about the FatCats at all, and people are getting great numbers with them. And they're quieter than the LSR's. There are long waits for Titanium Ceramic 2" LSR's too. All in all, I think I'll be OK with the D&D's. Thanks Ceej, it's really nice of you to offer! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

lunker

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • CO

• CVO1: 2007 Road King - FLHRSE3 - Gone
    • CVO2: 2013 Road King Anny - FLHRSE4
    • CVO3: 2013 Convertible - FLSTSE3 (Wife's Ride)
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »

Hoist - what is the redesign that D&D is doing to the Fat Cats?  I am interested in this pipe as well and am anxiously awaiting your assessment.  Currently running SuperTrapp SE Slipon's and SERT on my SERK3.  I will probably leave these mufflers on until after Sturgis where I will get to see/hear gadzillions of combo's and visit with the vendors.  I like what I have seen and read about the Fat Cats with quiet baffle. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »

Hoist - what is the redesign that D&D is doing to the Fat Cats?  I am interested in this pipe as well and am anxiously awaiting your assessment.  Currently running SuperTrapp SE Slipon's and SERT on my SERK3.  I will probably leave these mufflers on until after Sturgis where I will get to see/hear gadzillions of combo's and visit with the vendors.  I like what I have seen and read about the Fat Cats with quiet baffle. 

They told me they were redesigning the heat shields, and would be shipping within 2 weeks. My tuner hopes to have a set of the new ones by the 28th. I'll let you know what I think of them, but from what I've gathered, they'll make good numbers, are excellent quality, and sound good too. We'll see. ;) Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.