Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maintenance Log Software  (Read 1074 times)

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
Maintenance Log Software
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:11:10 PM »

Is anyone using any type of maintenance/logbook software?  I currently use Drivers Log but the website is down and no one answers emails any longer.  I think he gave up on it.  It's too bad because he was an avid motorcycle enthusiast and wrote it specifically for bikes.  Since he is no longer around I would like to switch due to Drivers Log having a few bugs in it that make it hard to do certain tasks in the inventory section.

Any suggestions?

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
Re: Maintenance Log Software
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »

Is anyone using any type of maintenance/logbook software?  I currently use Drivers Log but the website is down and no one answers emails any longer.  I think he gave up on it.  It's too bad because he was an avid motorcycle enthusiast and wrote it specifically for bikes.  Since he is no longer around I would like to switch due to Drivers Log having a few bugs in it that make it hard to do certain tasks in the inventory section.

Any suggestions?

Iryde,
I too have used Shane's software - Driver's Log. The last info I knew about him was he was ceasing development on it due to lack of interest and having to get back to his day job. It's a shame as he was also so prompt about fixing bugs, etc.

In the past, I have used For Two Wheels only - http://www.ftwo.com/ but after changing computer to a newer operating system, I never could get it to run properly. Due to those problems, that was what lead me to purchasing Driver's Log.

Currently, I am using the following for the bike and the autos as well. http://www.carcaresoftware.com/
Hope this helps

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
Re: Maintenance Log Software
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 01:08:01 AM »

I too liked Shane.  He was very responsive to bug fixes.  Actually amazingly fast.  But I can understand the lack $ in does not compare to the time spent developing.  Thanks for the links.

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 23 queries.