Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Barnett Clutches---A Slight Ooopsie  (Read 19876 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Barnett Clutches---A Slight Ooopsie
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2008, 12:54:10 PM »

Bolshevik.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2008, 12:57:43 PM »

What is different about the Barnett discs vs the stock that the syn causes so much problem?  :nixweiss:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2008, 01:03:46 PM »

What is different about the Barnett discs vs the stock that the syn causes so much problem?  :nixweiss:

Obviously some materials difference Jerry.  But specifically what the guy couldn't or wouldn't say.  Also is apparently the same the case that some do and some don't have problems.  Apparently enough have problems that even from the small cohort of Barnett users here we have three or four who have experienced it to some degree.  That would suggest it's a relatively common phenomenon with the synthetic oil combination.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2008, 05:04:41 PM »

Latest from Barnett:

I can't damn the efforts or insights of their tech support people.  Though whomever in their system did the docs here might deserve a few minutes of special guidance.

Spoke with Barnett tech support again just a few minutes ago.  Explained that cleaning everything and wiping it down hadn't changed it.  Still had the locked-up problem.  Before I got to the point of asking for them he asked for the address to send out a set of replacement disks.

He explained that the disks I have are also an "old style" friction plate now outdated by a "new" plate that is made differently.  Rather than a small number (4) of large segments of friction material the new disks will have 20 small segments.  Apparently this is better.  I just hope it works.

They're supplying the parts at no cost.  Still be down for the time it takes ground shipping to get from the left coast to here.  It is at least early enough out there that he promised they would ship today.

Clutch change should be a simple chore.  It really should.  I'm starting to worry now about having it buttoned up to go to Georgia the end of the month.  The SERG is here now but I'd really like to get more familiar with it before heading out cross country.  SERG doesn't have a trailer hitch either.  Would hate to have to leave the trailer behind.  Also don't yet have a clue about the cam bearing and tensioners on that 20k mile 2000 model Twin Cam.

I'm just venting now.  Hopefully everyone stopped reading after finding out Barnett is supplying disks with no hassle and no charge.  Am going to go find and beat the cat for puking on my t-shirt.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2008, 05:10:34 PM »

It'll work out.  In the end it always does. And heck, if you had to get close and personal with the RG on the way to Georgia and back, it is still a big step up from your ole softail or road king.  Who needs that trailer anyway for such a few days of travel?  Have a good time, no matter which bike you ride.  Get the clutch fixed though for Sedona.  K? 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »

It'll work out.  In the end it always does. And heck, if you had to get close and personal with the RG on the way to Georgia and back, it is still a big step up from your ole softail or road king.  Who needs that trailer anyway for such a few days of travel?  Have a good time, no matter which bike you ride.  Get the clutch fixed though for Sedona.  K? 

Thanks Candy.  Reminding that it's no big deal is a good thing.  I am a bit grumpy right now (Roger will find and display a Snow White based image after that remark).

The Road Glide already has fresh fluids in all three holes.  It's got saddlebags and a tour pak.  I've gone much farther and longer with a lot less space to do it in.  So I am whining for no good reason.  Having gotten the trailer now it would be nice to use it again.  But, especially for just a short trip back and forth to Georgia the trailer is by no means mandatory. 

The thing I'd miss even more would be missing the first opportunity to really stretch out the engine work on the red bike.  I was really looking forward to that. 

Getting the same first opportunity to get familiar with the SERG would be wonderful too.  Hopefully the cam tensioners would not shell on the very first trip.  Two bikes can't fight me like that at the same time can they :huepfenlol2: ?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 05:17:22 PM »

ooops, yes, lots more time between Georgia and York then Sedona.  The red bike's clutch would have to be done by then.  Just have to.

If new plates get here on Friday or Monday it should quite frankly be done whatever night the new parts arrive.  It's not like this job takes very long.  It just sucks when it drags out like this.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 05:45:38 PM »

And for Gawd's sake remember where you park the parts.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »

And for Gawd's sake remember where you park the parts.

Amen to that Brother Scream.  Amen to that.  In fact they are all already checked and doubled checked on the parts cart.  Tools and parts off the lift and off the floor.  Nothing can bump them, hide them or be otherwise rude to them.  Shotgun is in the garage loaded with shot specifically sized for chromemoly termites just in case the little bastards are brave enough to show their heads again.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2008, 06:35:27 PM »

Good deal man, good deal. Won't have to sweat that.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2008, 06:45:28 PM »

Latest from Barnett:

I can't damn the efforts or insights of their tech support people.  Though whomever in their system did the docs here might deserve a few minutes of special guidance.

Spoke with Barnett tech support again just a few minutes ago.  Explained that cleaning everything and wiping it down hadn't changed it.  Still had the locked-up problem.  Before I got to the point of asking for them he asked for the address to send out a set of replacement disks.

He explained that the disks I have are also an "old style" friction plate now outdated by a "new" plate that is made differently.   Rather than a small number (4) of large segments of friction material the new disks will have 20 small segments.  Apparently this is better.  I just hope it works.

They're supplying the parts at no cost.  Still be down for the time it takes ground shipping to get from the left coast to here.  It is at least early enough out there that he promised they would ship today.

Clutch change should be a simple chore.  It really should.  I'm starting to worry now about having it buttoned up to go to Georgia the end of the month.  The SERG is here now but I'd really like to get more familiar with it before heading out cross country.  SERG doesn't have a trailer hitch either.  Would hate to have to leave the trailer behind.  Also don't yet have a clue about the cam bearing and tensioners on that 20k mile 2000 model Twin Cam.

I'm just venting now.  Hopefully everyone stopped reading after finding out Barnett is supplying disks with no hassle and no charge.  Am going to go find and beat the cat for puking on my t-shirt.

And don't anyone start making silly analogy's comparing that comment to any previous similiar comments about head gaskets......   ??? ??? ???
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2008, 06:47:45 PM »

And don't anyone start making silly analogy's comparing that comment to any previous similiar comments about head gaskets......   ??? ??? ???

Ok, that was funny. Even more so because when I was on the phone with the guy as he's laboriously explaining that there is a "difference" and that I'll be getting something new and improved going through my head is "oh great, another phukking head gasket." :huepfenlol2:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2008, 06:51:55 PM »

Didya know that if your own vehicle runs into your own vehicle and demolishes them both, that your insurance doesn't cover it? Can't insure yourself against yourself. Don't ask me how I know this, but I once sent a fleet of vehicles out one after the other. Not any more.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2008, 07:06:13 PM »

Just remind me Don at CHL to not park in front of you!

OK

And yes, I'm wounded over that cover thread, this could take time to heal!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2008, 07:20:40 PM »

Just remind me Don at CHL to not park in front of you!

OK

And yes, I'm wounded over that cover thread, this could take time to heal!

:2vrolijk_21:

I bet the SERG is afraid of the SEEG in the TwoLane garage!    :huepfenlol2: :P :huepfenlol2:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.