Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycles  (Read 8620 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Freedom Cycles
« on: May 14, 2005, 06:23:43 PM »

HD Dude (Jim) and I left Sacramento yesterday afternoon and rode to Reno.  Stayed with friends of mine, Joe and Connie (they both ride).  

Joe and Connie live about five miles north of Sparks, on a mountain that overlooks the whole Reno/Sparks area.  At night time, wow, what a site.  Beautiful view of snow capped Mt. Rose, also.

The ride up was uneventful but very nice, as we climbed to the top of Donner Pass (7,400 ft. elevation I believe).  Snow banks on both sides of the road, all the mountains covered and we're in t-shirts (actually, I was in a sleevless shirt).  Just a very nice day.

Woke up early this morning to the sounds of Connie's huge parrot saying "Whatcha doing?"  We found our way to So. Virginia Street and eventually found Freedom Cycles (they're in the back, behind a commercial/industrial area).  Those guys were all very friendly and have one of the nicest dyno booth set ups that I've ever saw, including a viewing window for the spectators.  The booth is totally sound proof........we were very surprised and impressed.  They dialed Jim's bike (I'll let him tell you his experience) and explained everything, every step of the way.

When we first got there, he took Jim's bike in and loaned Jim a new Triumph, so that he and I could go to breakfast.  First class customer service.

I mentioned to them that I am a moderator on the CVO owner's web site and that they've sold a lot of their set-ups to members of our site.  They went on to share some of the conversations that they've had with members of our site (all in good fun, of course).  Jim and I had a few good laughs and were actually surprised at some of the things we heard.

Having said that, I have one question and one comment.  At Maggies Valley........who was it that beat everybody out there (with every motor configuration that you can think of) and showed them what  the Freedom Cycles package was all about from the inside out and from the rear.......of their exhaust, as they run off and left them?? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  

That was my question.......my comment..........the rest of you need to start telling the truth. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

All kidding aside, it was a great ride and a great time and those guys at Freedom Cycle seem to know their business and are not afraid to let their customer watch or ask questions (no, I do not have the Freedom Cycle package, but wished I did).  They're a great bunch of guys, very down to earth and very friendly.  They tried there damndest to get me to test ride one of those 2400 cc Triumph three cylinders (scarred me! LOL).  They also showed me the dyno sheet of that bike stock, compared to a Road King that had head work, Race Tuner, and Thunderheader..........no comparison.

They showed us a dyno graph of a yellow SEEG that he did yesterday.  My guess is that would have been Monorat's (from this site).  Very nice graph!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: Freedom Cycles
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 09:11:25 PM »

JC;
You've said it all very weel. Good report on our great trip, (except the rain last night). The customer service their is Exemplary!!. The ride on the Triump Boneville was fun, but i'll never give up my SEEG!!

So here it is, my bike came in at 100hp and 101.6 tq. This is with the freedom package as delivered to me. When Brad was done working his magic I had 103 hp and 104.4 tq.
I've posted the Dyno Graph in the Dyno thread:http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1072508181;start=285

Thanks for the company JC!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 09:15:37 PM »

I forgat to add that Brad would not let me pay him for the tune. These guys have earned my respect and future biz!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:40:11 PM »

hd-dude

Those are great #s.
My #s came in at almost the same as your first ones. Just wish I was closer than 2500 miles away so I could get that "fine" tuning!

I have been telling everyone. These are fine guys! And they know how to make horsepower!  I talked with Rick today about some other options for mine.

Those soundproof dyno rooms are impressive. I stood about 5 feet from my bike as they were testing it and even when running wide open the sound was barely above a whisper! Did the room look something like this?

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 09:41:39 PM »

and this

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 10:43:04 PM »

hd-dude

Those are great #s.
My #s came in at almost the same as your first ones. Just wish I was closer than 2500 miles away so I could get that "fine" tuning!

I have been telling everyone. These are fine guys! And they know how to make horsepower!  I talked with Rick today about some other options for mine.

Those soundproof dyno rooms are impressive. I stood about 5 feet from my bike as they were testing it and even when running wide open the sound was barely above a whisper! Did the room look something like this?

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The inards did..The walls were concrete blocks. Did you post your sheet?

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 10:56:08 PM »

I did on the Lowrider

Read my post in the other topics section.

Maybe you have an idea of whats up!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 10:58:36 PM by hd2003-se2005 »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 11:15:09 PM »

JC;
You've said it all very weel. Good report on our great trip, (except the rain last night).

Wasn't going to tell them that we ride in the rain, too.  Hell, those boys from back east pack it up in trucks and trailers when it looks like rain.........didn't want em melting when they read that we ride in it. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 11:17:37 PM »

hd-dude

Those are great #s.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

What better reason than to join us for the West Coast CVO Owners GTG and ride, Street Vibrations and Freedom Cycles!  What more could you want for your money?

By the way, the dyno room is a small cynder block building inside the shop.  We're thinking the blocks had to be filled to, cause it was very quiet standing on the outside, with that bike at WOT.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:20:44 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 11:22:44 PM »

. " Hell, those boys from back east pack it up in trucks and trailers when it looks like rain.........didn't want em melting when they read that we ride in it. "

Hey Brian, Don, Otis, Tommy and everyone!
Bet JCZ has never been on anything like the Dragon in the rain.
He will say he has, but they don't call the Dragon the curviest road in America (excluding California maybe???) for nothing.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 11:26:19 PM »

Chip..........quit stallin.  You're avoiding the invitation to come and join us.  We'd like to meet you, show ya around a little, talk motorcycles and you can tell us all the stories you want about those "mountains" back east. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:27:06 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 11:32:30 PM »

JC, let it die, man!  I haven't seen one guy (or group of guys) get this much grief since the post deletion scandal a few weeks back, LOL!  I put 1,100 miles on my bike down there and over half of it was in the rain.  I have 50 of my closest friends as witnesses.

I picture your image of the Smoky Mtn. Gathering as a bunch of bikes trailered in and everyone hanging out in the motel parking lot drinking beer for a week.  Oh, wait, we did do that, but we rode a lot too, bro'!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 11:37:13 PM »

JC, let it die, man!  I haven't seen one guy (or group of guys) get this much grief since the post deletion scandal a few weeks back, LOL!  I put 1,100 miles on my bike down there and over half of it was in the rain.  I have 50 of my closest friends as witnesses.

I picture your image of the Smoky Mtn. Gathering as a bunch of bikes trailered in and everyone hanging out in the motel parking lot drinking beer for a week.  Oh, wait, we did do that, but we rode a lot too, bro'!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Brian.......don't be so defensive.......I was only razzing those that trailered.   OOooopppsss.......just figured it out.......you got reason to be defensive, you trailered too! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Hey, was only responding to comments in reference to me but since you invited yourself in.......come on in......the water's fine. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 11:39:13 PM »

I think somehow Chip sucked me in and now I'm drowning, LOL.   [smiley=nervous.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 11:40:35 PM »

Chip..........quit stallin.  You're avoiding the invitation to come and join us.  We'd like to meet you, show ya around a little, talk motorcycles and you can tell us all the stories you want about those "mountains" back east. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=1syellow1.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=7.gif] [smiley=6.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

You might be just a tiny bit careful there JC.  Not a lot, but a tiny bit.  I've covered a lot of the Rockies and the Sierras and the Canadian Rockies in the more southern provinces.  

Their "up" is definitely way up compared to all the mountain wannabes we have everwhere downhill from the Rockies.  But I don't remember anything in a short stretch up or down any of the western passes that was any worse than the some of the stretches the group played on a few weeks ago.  Perhaps as bad/good.  But certainly not any more demented than the roads the Maggie Valley Gathering played on.

I think the boys and girls in the east have decent rights to brag for at least a few good stretches there.  You've definitely got more of them.  But sometimes it ain't about quantity; it's just about the last 10 miles and if your diaper is still dry  [smiley=7.gif]
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 22 queries.