Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Freedom Cycles  (Read 8618 times)

hd2003-se2005

Re: Freedom Cycles
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 11:40:58 PM »

JCZ

Just remember

NO SKINNY DIPPIN ALLOWED!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 11:43:34 PM »

JC, let it die, man!  I haven't seen one guy (or group of guys) get this much grief since the post deletion scandal a few weeks back, LOL!  I put 1,100 miles on my bike down there and over half of it was in the rain.  I have 50 of my closest friends as witnesses.

I picture your image of the Smoky Mtn. Gathering as a bunch of bikes trailered in and everyone hanging out in the motel parking lot drinking beer for a week.  Oh, wait, we did do that, but we rode a lot too, bro'!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Um, Brian....  JC is yanking your chain a bit.  I think you bit down like an upset chiua.... (how do you spell chi wa wa?) .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 11:45:27 PM »

What !!??!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 11:48:53 PM »

Chihuahua

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 11:49:50 PM »

Wow, I did not realized the Chiha--   whatever was so well-built! [smiley=shocked2.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 11:50:48 PM »

You might be just a tiny bit careful there JC.  Not a lot, but a tiny bit.  I've covered a lot of the Rockies and the Sierras and the Canadian Rockies in the more southern provinces.  

Their "up" is definitely way up compared to all the mountain wannabes we have everwhere downhill from the Rockies.  But I don't remember anything in a short stretch up or down any of the western passes that was any worse than the some of the stretches the group played on a few weeks ago.  Perhaps as bad/good.  But certainly not any more demented than the roads the Maggie Valley Gathering played on.

I think the boys and girls in the east have decent rights to brag for at least a few good stretches there.  You've definitely got more of them.  But sometimes it ain't about quantity; it's just about the last 10 miles and if your diaper is still dry  [smiley=7.gif]

O.K. I'm on the floor rollin over some of these posts in the last hour.  But for just a moment I'm gonna try to be serious.......well, how about "just a little more serous than usual"?

I knew you were a rider Twolane.  I read it in your posts, your experience speaks through your posts.  I also know that the guys I'm havin fun with probably got near as many miles as me, if not more, under their belt.........it's all in good clean fun.  And I'm not saying that we have roads that are "so much more" than the dragon".........but what I am saying as that we have some stretches that are just as twisty as the dragon and ours are also up and down, too.  And, while we enjoy them, we just don't go getting all that excited when we ride them.  That's all, nothing more, nothing less.  O.K. I'm done being serious, can we go back to the funny chit now. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

P/S  We hope you make it out in Sept. too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 11:51:35 PM »

Wow, I did not realized the Chiha--   whatever was so well-built! [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Yeah, and that stud is hung too  [smiley=shocked2.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 11:52:57 PM »

JCZ

Just remember

Oh man.......now hold on just a gal darn minute!  You guys didn't tell us that you were doin that, too!  O.K. Chip, I give.........we're not even gonna try to compete with that you guys can keep that kind of stuff back there in Deliverance country! [smiley=nervous.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2005, 11:54:12 PM »

And now Brian's checkin the dogs out!  You guys are scarin me!! [smiley=nervous.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2005, 11:55:26 PM »

O.K. I'm on the floor rollin over some of these posts in the last hour.  But for just a moment I'm gonna try to be serious.......well, how about "just a little more serous than usual"?

I knew you were a rider Twolane.  I read it in your posts, your experience speaks through your posts.  I also know that the guys I'm havin fun with probably got near as many miles as me, if not more, under their belt.........it's all in good clean fun.  And I'm not saying that we have roads that are "so much more" than the dragon".........but what I am saying as that we have some stretches that are just as twisty as the dragon and ours are also up and down, too.  And, while we enjoy them, we just don't go getting all that excited when we ride them.  That's all, nothing more, nothing less.  O.K. I'm done being serious, can we go back to the funny chit now. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

P/S  We hope you make it out in Sept. too! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

That's for sure.  Down in Arkansas' hills they call the Boston Mountain there are some stretches that are nearly as screwed up as some of the stuff we saw in NC.  Can last for 8 or 9 miles and climb and lose several hundred feet.  But that is a difference out west.  I can remember some roads that would make a hummingbird seasick and that climb or lose 1000 feet more than once and you'd still be a half mile above where you started when you were finally done.  Now that's some cool chit  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

A real bummer (for us back here) is that such playgrounds are the exception rather than a far more common option too.  So I can understand getting a bit excited about the trip to Magic Mountain when you don't get to go as often or as easily as one might when a climb up the Sierra Nevadas is not that far out your back door.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 11:58:58 PM by twolanerider »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2005, 11:55:59 PM »

Yeah, and that stud is hung too  [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Oh geez and Don's checkin em out, too!  Be afraid..........be very afraid. [smiley=nervous.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2005, 11:59:31 PM »

Oh geez and Don's checkin em out, too!  Be afraid..........be very afraid. [smiley=nervous.gif]

bow wow wow wow wow wow

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 01:04:06 AM »

O.K. I'm on the floor rollin over some of these posts in the last hour.

I bet no one's been laughing harder than me!  What a riot!  [smiley=zroflmao.gif] [smiley=zroflmao.gif] [smiley=zroflmao.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 01:09:26 AM »

It's been a good night gentlmen and now it's time for me to go lay my head down.

But since all three of you are here right now.......just a warning.  I've got three months and I'm a persistant cuss.  So in regards to the invitation to join us for the West Coast GTG and Ride........I'm not lettin up.  You guys might as well go lay your head down on your pillows and start figurin out how the hell you're gonna pull it off. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Good night gentlemen.

West Coast GTG   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 01:15:30 AM »

It's been a good night gentlmen and now it's time for me to go lay my head down.

But since all three of you are here right now.......just a warning.  I've got three months and I'm a persistant cuss.  So in regards to the invitation to join us for the West Coast GTG and Ride........I'm not lettin up.  You guys might as well go lay your head down on your pillows and start figurin out how the hell you're gonna pull it off. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Good night gentlemen.

Good night JC, you have a good one.  If we're this cantankerous when this group just shows up online at the same time will it be safe to try the same thing in person ?  [smiley=shocked2.gif] [smiley=shocked2.gif]

In all seriousness though I'd love to hit your Western Get-To-Gather just to meet the "other half" of the people.  The roads would be a bonus; the people would be the reason to go.  That schedule sucks for me right now though.  Doesn't mean you can't keep working on us though  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.