Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canada - Lake Louise and Jasper  (Read 3272 times)

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
Canada - Lake Louise and Jasper
« on: May 25, 2005, 01:23:07 AM »

Had a great weekend in the Canadian Rockies.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Canada - Lake Louise and Jasper
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 01:24:55 AM »

On our way to Radium Hot Springs
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:27:17 AM »

Reached Bow Summit on one side and it was clear. Came over the top and had to deal with snow for the next 15 miles.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 01:29:08 AM »

Joined by more friends on our ride throught the Mountain Parkway.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 01:30:25 AM »

Columbia Icefields stop.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 01:32:28 AM »

Me and Darrel packed and ready to ride.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 02:22:44 AM »

Those are gorgeous BA II .  I've been lucky enough to cover some of the same territory before.  Remember a lot of the Banff National Park and going on some backroad part way around the Sawbacks.  Also had snow at Bow Summit when I was there  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Help me out with something I just realized I'd forgotten.  There was a road with a great name.  It was like Icemelt Parkway or something like that?  I don't think that's right though.  Does it ring any bells; can you refresh my old and feeble memory?

Great trip sir; thanks for bringing back some good memories.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 02:35:48 AM by twolanerider »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 05:25:33 AM »

Nice pics of some gorgeous county BA. Thanks for sharing. F snow.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 11:54:04 AM »

You guys definatly have a beautiful country.......looks like it was made for riding!
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 12:45:57 PM »

BAII, brings back a lot of memories, thanks so much for sharing. Great pictures.  [smiley=laugh.gif]
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 11:35:18 PM »

Twolanerider,

The name of this part of  (Highway 93 North) is the Icefields Parkway. It goes from west of the town of Lake Louise to the town of Jasper in Jasper National Park. And all of this we consider our backyard, from Calgary to Banff 120kms (72 miles), Lake Louise 150 kms (90 miles), Jasper 320 kms (200 miles), only drawback speed limit through parks is 90 KPH, (55 MPH), however you do not mind the slow drive because of the sceneary and wildlife, yes we have Grizzlies, Elk and Moose on the roads, and, a lot get killed during the summer months by trucks and cars.

This is the same Highway 93 that starts as US Highway 60 from Phoenix to Wickensburg, Arizona, where it then becomes US Highway 93, it goes through Vegas to Wells, Nevada, through to Twin Falls, Idaho up through the Salmon Valley, Idaho to Missoula, Montana into Canbrook, British Columbia, Canada then on into Alberta on to Jasper.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to drive this highway at least North from Twin Falls, Idaho to Jasper, Alberta, Canada it is a great ride.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 11:41:03 PM by geezerglide »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 01:28:38 AM »

Twolanerider,

The name of this part of  (Highway 93 North) is the Icefields Parkway. It goes from west of the town of Lake Louise to the town of Jasper in Jasper National Park. And all of this we consider our backyard, from Calgary to Banff 120kms (72 miles), Lake Louise 150 kms (90 miles), Jasper 320 kms (200 miles), only drawback speed limit through parks is 90 KPH, (55 MPH), however you do not mind the slow drive because of the sceneary and wildlife, yes we have Grizzlies, Elk and Moose on the roads, and, a lot get killed during the summer months by trucks and cars.

This is the same Highway 93 that starts as US Highway 60 from Phoenix to Wickensburg, Arizona, where it then becomes US Highway 93, it goes through Vegas to Wells, Nevada, through to Twin Falls, Idaho up through the Salmon Valley, Idaho to Missoula, Montana into Canbrook, British Columbia, Canada then on into Alberta on to Jasper.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to drive this highway at least North from Twin Falls, Idaho to Jasper, Alberta, Canada it is a great ride.

geezerglide

That is bringing back some wonderful memories of a great ride Geezer.  The smile on my face right now is pretty wide.  I left moderately early one morning heading up that way.  Had been for a couple of days at a little town called Osoyoos in Canada's one and only desert.  Was a neat fun little place.

If memory serves it was about 500 miles (about 800km) from there up to Jasper and it was just a beautiful ride and climibing all afternoon long.  Then found it to be so pretty up there I spent a couple of days being unwilling to take the map out just running loose (and occasionally in circles) finding spectacular site after spectacular site.  I just loved that whole trip and those few days were the best part of it.

When finally leaving the Jasper area I just took 1 down through Calgary and Medicine Hat and on to Winnipeg before having to turn farther south and cut back in to the states to head home.  That whole trip started back on the US east coast and I took US 50 from Ocean City, Maryland all the to the west coast then went up the west coast in to BC before heading back east and back over your mountains again before coming back south and eventually heading home.  One thing for sure, your backyard is pretty and it's great riding country.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 11:01:29 AM »

Those are gorgeous BA II .  I've been lucky enough to cover some of the same territory before.  Remember a lot of the Banff National Park and going on some backroad part way around the Sawbacks.  Also had snow at Bow Summit when I was there  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Help me out with something I just realized I'd forgotten.  There was a road with a great name.  It was like Icemelt Parkway or something like that?  I don't think that's right though.  Does it ring any bells; can you refresh my old and feeble memory?

Great trip sir; thanks for bringing back some good memories.

Thanks Twolanerider. Sorry for not responding quickly. Have been riding a lot lately. Yes as Geezerglide described, it is the Icefields Parkway. A great back door ride for us. But we pay for it having a shorter riding season.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2005, 11:02:24 AM by Bad_Ass_2 »
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
L

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.