Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 300 plus miles today!  (Read 1807 times)

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
300 plus miles today!
« on: May 28, 2005, 11:10:29 PM »

Well...started out just planning on taking a little spin. 2-up with the wife.

Went from my home on the North Shore of Boston, in through the city, and out west to a little town called Palmer Mass. It's roughly 25 miles east of Springfield, home of the original Indian, but we never went that far.

Rolled around that area for a while.  Apparently there was a run of some sort because there were literally hundreds of bikes to be seen in western/central Massachusetts today.

Rolled back toward Boston, but hooked a left and found myself one exit from the NH border. Stopped by a friend's...met up with a few more, and rolled to a nice little bar in Haverhill MA. Saw another friend's rebuilt Dyna. Yes...a 113 S&S is very large in a Dyna frame. Oh, and stubby V&H do nothing to silence it either.

Back on I-495 to I-93 south, and we're headed into Boston, where...for a brief moment, it looks like we're going straight into a huge rain storm.

We beat the storm and pull into where the old Legal Seafoods used to be, and back my FXR3, my friend's Ann. Deuce, her boyfriend's Fatboy, and my other friend's VTX 1800 against the curb. The valet says "excuse me...this is valet parking" To which I respond "You wanna try to park it?" He says: "You aready did...are any of you planning on paying for parking?" We said "Sure..how much?" He replies: "um...it's $16 per bike, but whatever you guys think is fair".

We hand him $40 for the 4 of us, and he seems thrilled. He didn't have to do anything anyway. He actually asks: "Do any of you want to leave your keys?" My friend who owns the fatty (6'5" 300) "Good luck getting my keys".

So, the four star restaurant at the Park Plaza's patrons were slightly shocked when the leather-clad lot of us rolled in for some grub.

After a hearty meal...we exit to find that the rains have fallen upon the scoots, and that perhaps this has been enough for one night.

What truly bums me out is that at some point today...the clock rolled over 5000 on my bike. I missed it as I was cruising east on I-90 when it happened.

But, only 1600 or so of those are my miles (since 3/17, and actually off the road from 4/14 to 5/13). So, I guess I can't be too upset.

Either way...I have a sick sunburn/windburn. I waited the whole week to get it,  and I'm pleased.

Word has it...tomorrow is Ka-Ka, so the bike gets a bath. And Monday...we're off again!!

After the bath...pics!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 09:52:54 AM by neanderpaul »
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: 300 plus miles today!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 01:30:49 PM »

Those are the best...Enjoy !!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 04:42:31 PM »

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 04:46:56 PM »

Take a peek at this thread  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=cv_pics;action=display;num=1117662511;start=1#1

Thanky...will attempt!
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 22 queries.