Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paducha, Ky. HOG to Deals Gap  (Read 2538 times)

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Paducha, Ky. HOG to Deals Gap
« on: June 21, 2005, 07:48:25 AM »

About 35 members of the Paducha, Ky, HOG chapter will be in the Deals Gap area June 24 & 25 th. Would like to meet and greet anyone that visits this site. A bunch of us will be at the new SMOKEY MOUNTIAN HARLEY DAVIDSON dealership Saturday night The dealership is throwing a party with a live band, best of all its FREE. All invited. I'll be looking for those CVO SCREAMING EAGLES.         DON
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

starvin

Re: Paducha, Ky. HOG to Deals Gap
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:47 PM »

Hey Don, you guys got a good dealership down there in Sills HD. On our way back to Wi. from Key West a few years ago my bike was leaking oil from somewhere so we stayed in paducha (had fun) and the next morning we were at the shop by 8:30. They don't open till 9:00 but by 8:50 they had my bike in and were working on it, even though they were eatin dougnuts and drinking coffee they had it done by 9:10 found a bad primary cover gasket and refilled with oil and charged me $8 something. I always meant and felt bad that I never sent a thankyou note but me and my wife did buy a couple of shirts. Have fun in the Smokys.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 05:15:18 PM »

About 35 members of the Paducha, Ky, HOG chapter will be in the Deals Gap area June 24 & 25 th. Would like to meet and greet anyone that visits this site. A bunch of us will be at the new SMOKEY MOUNTIAN HARLEY DAVIDSON dealership Saturday night The dealership is throwing a party with a live band, best of all its FREE. All invited. I'll be looking for those CVO SCREAMING EAGLES.         DON

Don,
   I live about 3 miles from there and I`m usually there every Sat night.
The SEEG is in the shop for some head work but I`lll be on the RoadKing.
Knoxville is having the anual Honda Hoot . You`ll have plenty of company on the Dragon.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 01:01:21 AM »

Hi Don,

I'm all the way across Missouri from Paducah but have been through the place more than a few times.  Even laid down a Road King in town there once [smiley=beerchug.gif] .  Can't make your round up at Deal's Gap.  But if there's that many of you around there that actually get out and cover a few miles then a trip to Cape Girardeau shouldn't be a tough one.  If any of you are planning yet on going down to Cape for the Missouri HOG rally later this year be sure and drop me a note.  We'll figure out a place to meet up.  Then next spring when Brian (103Thunder) throws the big shindig at Maggie Valley maybe we can all ride back to the Smoky Mountains together.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 10:43:57 PM »

Honda Hoot, Now that will be a first for me David B                  
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:46:37 PM by don »
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 10:49:33 PM »

Even laid down a Road King in town there once [smiley=beerchug.gif].

Maybe one day lugnut57 will feel like putting up the toasting smilies with the pride that you have shown when talking about his incident on the Dragon earlier this year.

Right now, I think he probably still feels more like these guys:  [smiley=dunce2.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=cry2.gif] [smiley=sauer055.gif] [smiley=zstupid.gif]

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:01:46 PM »

Hi Starvin  Sills HD is a good hard working dealer ship ,  kinda old school , they will go the extra mile to keep you happy. Sad news though, Don Sill Sold the dealership the other day. The Motor Co. were forcing to move out on the interstate and invest in one of those new fancy H D Store. Don sold the bussines for Six million.     don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

don

• Full CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 11:11:49 PM »

Hi Twolanerider, the Mo. State Ralley sounds like a good time. I'm a 45 min, ride to there. Let me know when and were. Over 900 members in our chapter, I'm sure their will be a few of us riding over to Cape. Latter don
FLHRSEI-2 ONE FUN BIKE

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 11:26:59 PM »

If any of you are planning yet on going down to Cape for the Missouri HOG rally later this year be sure and drop me a note.

Don, will keep that in mind.  I mean, after all, you came to mine, right?  But $38 to pre-register?! [smiley=shocked2.gif]  It does look like it's been well planned out, though.  Here's a link to anyone who's interested: Mo. State HOG Rally

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 11:42:09 PM »

Hi Twolanerider, the Mo. State Ralley sounds like a good time. I'm a 45 min, ride to there. Let me know when and were. Over 900 members in our chapter, I'm sure their will be a few of us riding over to Cape. Latter don

Here's the link to MO rally website Don.  It's shown as 9-11 September.  

Last year the Missouri rally was in Springfield.  Less than an hour from me.  But some dipstick didn't have the sense to realize they counter-scheduled against the Arkansas state rally in Hot Springs.  

Hot Springs is only the biggest and probably coolest of all the state rallies and is just a few hours away also.  Needless to say their attendance wasn't what they hoped for.  With any luck Cape will be a lot better for them this year.  And it's a week before Arkansas so I hope to play at both.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 01:07:23 AM »

Maybe one day lugnut57 will feel like putting up the toasting smilies with the pride that you have shown when talking about his incident on the Dragon earlier this year.

Right now, I think he probably still feels more like these guys:  [smiley=dunce2.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=cry2.gif] [smiley=sauer055.gif] [smiley=zstupid.gif]

Not sure if "pride" is the right word Brian.  Maybe in a weird sort of way it is.  Not really sure  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] .

I've only been down twice over the miles.  There've been enough other times that something was close to know that I've been both lucky and good; cause good sure as the world don't account for all of it.  Hell, I wouldn't have been surprised not to make it back under that bridge when that mega-storm cell blew a semi rig over in front of and behind me on the highway outside of Ottawa a couple of weeks ago.   Never before been out in wind so hard that the rain water it threw bloodied my nose and that cell came in so fast there was no avoiding it.  

But I've still fortunately bounced only twice in God knows how many miles.  I look at it the same I do flying.  A bad landing is always, I mean always, to be learned from.  So are good landings.  And any landing that you can walk, limp or crawl away from is a good one.  So there's nothing to be ashamed of  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.