Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: APE HANGERS  (Read 17009 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: APE HANGERS
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2006, 05:45:00 PM »

maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch at most
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »

got me thinkin about changing them now, where did you order them from and how much $$

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »

Well you can get them anywhere Drag Specialties chit can be ordered.If you want I'll grab you a set and bring em up next weekend.They're about 40 bucks complete.LMK Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2006, 07:23:01 PM »

with all of the issues ive got with parts right now i'm not holding my breath for assembly this next weekend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2006, 10:13:53 PM »

the one piece clamp is the key  without it the bars torque in every direction. the neoprene bushings are nice, but folks have been running apes for as long as they've been choppin Harley's without neoprene  do the clamp right and I think the bushings are a matter of feel I like to feel some vibration to be able to detect when something changes cause I am hearing impaired so the stifffer neopren is the way to go for me others can hear every little tick or tock they're bike makes so they can go with the grips soft   tomAto  tomato  if you ask me

Big B

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006, 07:55:44 AM »

the one piece clamp is the key
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2006, 03:06:48 PM »

Well I swapped out the bushing yesterday.They are alot better and stiffer than the cheap rubber stock ones.Also it was a pain in the ass becaause the busings are taller than stock and you have limited clearance between the nut for the triple clamp(thru the risers) and the frame.I had to hang the bars from the ceiling(old ladys arms were getting tired)remove the top clamp,customize the bolt and nut so the clearance worked and bolt back together.What I thought would be a hour swap took all afternoon.But its done and on to bigger and better things.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.