hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
BOOM?
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »

anybody know who is making the BOOM line of products for Harley?  Is it J&M?
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: BOOM?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »

Me   ;D  

Please don't say J&M.....LOL ::)

Web Page:

http://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/

The price will be going up about $8.00 in a few weeks to cover the cost of the new design, which greatly improves sound quality to say nothing about the post office fees. The new design which will be available next month requires more components and takes longer to build. The new design will be 1/4" longer and will not require cutting any wires, unless you want to.

CVO Members still receive 15% off. But you do need to tell me your a member.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

jimsmith94

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 03:05:48 PM »

I think the OP was talking about the actual "Boom!" accessories on the HD site. They are P/N 76572-09: "Boom! Audio™ Half Helmet Music and Communications Headset" and P/N 76569-09: "Boom! Audio™ Half Helmet Music Headset".

That said, can you give us some more details about the new design changes to your BOMM? I just ordered the HD Zumo 660 and was about to order your unit too. Should I wait for the new one?

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »

:oops:

Sorry about that.

Many people have told me thru email’s that they would like a Bomm but they do not want to cut wires on their bikes and others have told me they do not have the soldering skills necessary to install the current version. So I went to work on designing a Bomm that does not require cutting wires or soldering to install it.

The new design does not require that you cut wires for installation as it will use quick connectors to attach to the bikes wiring. Of course soldering offers the best connectivity and any one with the skills can still solder the Bomm in if they choose to.

The new design incorporates input isolation and increased frequency response for improved voice clarity. It still looks like a Bomm but will be ¼” longer in length to accommodate the addition components required. Of course the cost to make them will also go up about $6.00 to $8.00 and it will not be available until around the middle of August.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 07:21:11 AM »

I will take one of the new connectorized versions for two seat use when available.

/Bill

:oops:

Sorry about that.

Many people have told me thru email’s that they would like a Bomm but they do not want to cut wires on their bikes and others have told me they do not have the soldering skills necessary to install the current version. So I went to work on designing a Bomm that does not require cutting wires or soldering to install it.

The new design does not require that you cut wires for installation as it will use quick connectors to attach to the bikes wiring. Of course soldering offers the best connectivity and any one with the skills can still solder the Bomm in if they choose to.

The new design incorporates input isolation and increased frequency response for improved voice clarity. It still looks like a Bomm but will be ¼” longer in length to accommodate the addition components required. Of course the cost to make them will also go up about $6.00 to $8.00 and it will not be available until around the middle of August.

Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 07:22:11 AM »

Keep an eye on the web site for the release. Most lickly it will be around the middle of August.

Jim

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 07:24:36 AM »

Hi Jim,

as I understand your device delivers only output via HD-Headsets - you wouldn't care to add output via Bluetooth-Headset too?
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 07:37:13 AM »

Hi Jim,

as I understand your device delivers only output via HD-Headsets - you wouldn't care to add output via Bluetooth-Headset too?

I'm really sorry about high jacking this thread so I apologize to the author.

It would be an expensive proposition to go completely Bluetooth and I would no longer be able to offer an inexpensive solution to other company's that sell Bluetooth headsets. When I originally started this I wanted to keep the price down as much as possible for people.

If you want to go completely Bluetooth you can with J&M.

Jim

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »

Thx Jim,

I didn't realise J&M offers this. And sorry for beeing off-topic in this thread  :-\
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Pete

• Full CVO Member
Zumo Mount?
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:46 AM »

Guys:
I got a 550 a few months ago and it came with a lot of different mounting hardware. Used it on a different bike with a Noland 103 bluetooth setup. (don't do this by the way - blue tooth at least the Italian version is not ready for primetime). The concept of phone, tunes, GPS is a good one however -Ok maybe we could loose the phone. Even if you got the bike to input tunes onto the GPS the Garmin will not send the signal in stereo to your headset. XM radio the same (I do not think you get any signal with XM over the Bluetooth dock). Sold the other bike (long story thank God I'm back on a Harley) and ordered a SESG, I noticed the stock SG's have a hole in the left clutch assembly that can be used for a ball port. Does anyone know if the SE Chrome units have the same mounting possibilities? Also, I do not want to use the cigarette jack is there another option besides direct wire? Let me know thanks P 

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »

I don't know what you mean by "options other then direct wire" If you don't want to plug the GPS into the lighter jack then the only other option is to direct wire it. Lots of people just direct wire the GPS to the back of the cigarette lighter. It os only hot when the ignition is on.

Hope this help you.

Jim

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:10 AM »

Hi Pete,

did you observe, that the Zumo 660 - unlike the 550 - has A2DP-Bluetooth (stereo) as most of the newer headsets do?
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »

Keep an eye on the web site for the release. Most lickly it will be around the middle of August.

Jim

New Bomm design is on web site.

Jim

socalbuellx1

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 04:45:14 PM »

The BOOM intercoms and half helmet speakers are being made by imc. http://imcmoto.com/

Directed at the OP.

The bomm does look interesting.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 09:36:59 PM by socalbuellx1 »

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 07:58:29 PM »

I'm stuck with the 550. I do really like it. 
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.