Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Patriot Guard  (Read 3464 times)

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
Patriot Guard
« on: November 27, 2005, 10:47:13 AM »

Yesterday, my wife and I attended a funeral for Travis Griggs a soldier who was killed November 15th by a roadside bomb in Iraq.  The reason to attend was to honor Travis as well as interfere with the protests of the WBC (Westboro Baptist Chruch) from Topeka KS.  These people attend military funerals with signs and chants of hate for America and other issues.  They have a web page with a schedule of where they will be protesting.

Anyway, about 200 bikers showed up and blocked the chants with the noise of their pipes and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.  We lined the road to the cemetary as the procession came by and saluted the family and friends of Travis.  Check out this website http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx to get more details.  If these protestors keep growing, they will heckle an degrade every fallen serviceman's funeral from here on out.

We were very moved and proud to be part of this ride.  If you see this happening in your area, try to attend at least once.  It is a way to bring dignity to the fallen and support to the families of the fallen.

This WBC group needs to be silenced in their efforts to disrupt a sad and tragic moment in the lives of the families in their hour of rememberance.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
Re: Patriot Guard
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 12:09:12 PM »

I post this as the newest member of The Patriot Guard! I was so moved by reading the letter from the families of those fallen, and outraged at the  disrespect shown by protesters, that I had to join and I am glad I did. Thank you for bringing this group to my attention.
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 12:31:49 PM »

I just joined, thanks for the information. Families of fallen service people don't need this during there time of grief. This is a great cause, and I look forward in supporting them.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 12:48:02 PM »

I just joined, thanks so much for the information. It is truly a needed effort on everyones part.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 01:22:20 PM »

CD, thanks for bringing this work to people's attention.  The response they offer is noteworthy.  Reasonable people can disagree on important issues.  They often should.  That disagreement is one of the many things that keeps the Republic vital.  That disagreement, however, should never cross a line to disrespect of those who put themselves in harm's way and sacrificed while meeting the responsibilities and duties of their service.

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 07:19:51 PM »

That disagreement, however, should never cross a line to disrespect of those who put themselves in harm's way and sacrificed while meeting the responsibilities and duties of their service.

Amen brother!  A funeral for our servicemen or anyone for that matter is not a place to express political views or hatred.  I feel that with the negative press and minority opinionators feeding us all the crap and being protected by our constitution, that the silent majority should speak up now and then with a good and just cause.  You won't find much said about this effort and display of appreciation in the press, but it will do your heart good when you see and hear the appreciation of the family and friend as they drive the route to their loved ones final resting place.  It did more for us than any donation we have ever made financially.  Our time was all we spent, but we came back in the rain enriched and will do it again.  

Rebel

• Full CVO Member
  • It's called Sanity, but maybe it's me that's crazy
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 05:41:02 PM »

Thanks for the heads up Crawdaddy- I followed your link and checked out the Patriot Rider's and their mission- also checked out WBC and their mission- what a bunch of waco's.  As a vet myself, I take great pride in our country, our flag, and our troops- I am also a firefighter and can't believe the depths that WBC reaches in order to discrace our fallen heroes and their families.  Shame on them and their evil, twisted ways of thought.  I am proud to say- I just joined the Patriot Riders and I will spread the word.

Later-
The "Rebel"

Crawdaddy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoy your Freedom
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 10:23:08 PM »

I am proud to say- I just joined the Patriot Riders and I will spread the word.

Later-
The "Rebel"

Glad you did Rebel,

Even though the WBC was the instigator of this movement, I think it is a wonderful thing that groups from all rides of life are getting involved and honoring the soldiers that are defending our freedom.  Go to one of these funerals and it will re-inspire your patriotism and appreciation of the young men who defend our national values.  The WBC need to be silenced with our support for the troops, but most of all the families and friends of the fallen need to know that there is a thankful nation behind their sacrifice.  In my mind, it would not hurt to respectfully attend any funeral of the local fallen soldier, just to give comfort and support to the loved ones.  Nearly every car that drove through the line of bikes along the route of the  processional had their windows down and were thanking us for being there for them.

It chokes you up and gives you the warm fuzzies.  

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 08:03:13 AM »

Crawdaddy....thanks for bringing this to our attention.  After reading your post, I visited the WBC website, http://www.godhatess.com/main/ and read their description of the Pfc Grigg funeral.  Unfrackingbelievable.  A quote from their review.  "Army Pfc. Travis J.  Grigg, 24, was sent to hell at the hand of God Almighty on November 15 th, 2005. God’s  instrument of choice – an IED."  

I'm not having wholesome thoughts, as someone is bound to get a boot up the a$$ today......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 12:03:21 PM »

Just got an email notice about a service the Patriot Guard will be attending this Friday in Topeka because this church (small c) is planning on attending.  Topeka is close enough to me to make it an easy trip.

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 12:38:01 PM »

Just got an email notice about a service the Patriot Guard will be attending this Friday in Topeka because this church (small c) is planning on attending.  Topeka is close enough to me to make it an easy trip.

I'm sure everyone who can't make the trip thanks you, Don.

Kingsalmon

• Senior CVO Member
  • HD gets too much of my money
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 06:20:22 PM »

I just joined.
I had a ex brother in law that was one of the first to die over their. Real good kid.
No protesters at his funeral, I can't imagine what that would have been like.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2005, 01:12:07 PM »

Crawdaddy

Good post. Of course I joined right away and passed on the links to other fire groups I belong to . The membership is growing fast!.

There was PGR ride yesterday in New Jersey, I couldn't go because I worked, but it looked like a fair amount of bikes showed up, and they were on the local news channels. There is a good ride report on the PGR site.
http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/view/topic/postid/1796/forumid/18/Default.aspx#1796

The WBC did not show up at this funeral.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 01:12:27 PM by porthole2 »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 04:30:16 PM »

Thanks for the post Kids...  I joined right up as did the rest of my little crowd.  Not too many members out this far west.  Of course, we don't have too many full tilt wacko's out here, just lazy hippies.  Should be fun though!  We've been losing our share of service members lately.  Odd how it seems to run in localized cycles...

This guy is sitting on a firecracker.  His membership is just exploding.  I, for one, think that's just great!
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 10:56:17 PM »

I am passing along an e-mail I received as a member of The Patriot Guard Riders:

It is with a sad heart that i have to notify you that there will be another  funeral in California. We spoke to the family and they would like to have us there to honor their husband, son, nephew, and cousin.

The funeral will be on Saturday Jan 7 2006 at 2 PM at the Church of the Recessional; the address is 1712 S Glendale Ave Glendale Ca.

i will be there at 10 AM to get us situated and to make place for all the bikes. please show up to show your respect to a man who knew what we meant when we say "these colors do not run". Spc Gudino was injured a while back yet he elected to go back to iraq to be with the men and women that depended on him. He came home to us now, its our job to show him that he can depend on us.

pass this on to any and all groups, clubs, and organizations you can.

here is a link to the church
http://www.forestlawn.com/visitors_guide/memorial_parks/glendale/recessional.asp

More information cant be found at http://www.patriotguard.org/Forums/tabid/61/view/topic/postid/6406/ptarget/8727/Default.aspx

2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.