Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: XM Kit For 09 SERG?  (Read 1479 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member

TexasBowhunter

• Senior CVO Member
  • 09 Street Glide
Re: XM Kit For 09 SERG?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:42:18 PM »

Take the $600 plus you are going to spend on Harley's XM kit and get a Zumo 550 and use that for your XM service.. You'll spend less and you get the benefits of having a decent GPS.  :2vrolijk_21:

Yes this is true...
However I presently am running the Zumo 550 thru my aux. connection on the face of the radio and am wondering if the quaility of sound would be better if I was to get the XM unit as well...
The sound could be much better but my thoughts are its a GPS unit with the capabilitys for XM, not a XM with the GPS features available
If you want great XM sound then you should get a XM unit
Kinda like going into a chinese food resturant and ordering mexican food...

Plus some of the features with the unit is you have complete use of the switches and volumes and channels...
Just my 2 cents
paul
Ride safe

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 11:02:20 AM »

I bought the XM HD set-up with wiring harness on this site earlier this week, Took about 20 minutes to install inc r&i the fairing. I like the way it added the icon to the radio face for XM and the sound is very good ( I have the 150W Hawg Wired amp and corresponding speakers). Much slicker than the using the Garmin or the HD handlebar unit I had before. Not $600 + as said, only about $500 from Jenni @ Tri-County.
Stuff stuck on the handlebars is just not cool on $30K + bikes, and what is another $500.00 anyway in this day and age. I soundly recommend the Harley module and harness and you HAVE to have the harness that goes with it.

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:01:30 AM »

I bought the XM HD set-up with wiring harness on this site earlier this week, Took about 20 minutes to install inc r&i the fairing. I like the way it added the icon to the radio face for XM and the sound is very good ( I have the 150W Hawg Wired amp and corresponding speakers). Much slicker than the using the Garmin or the HD handlebar unit I had before. Not $600 + as said, only about $500 from Jenni @ Tri-County.
Stuff stuck on the handlebars is just not cool on $30K + bikes, and what is another $500.00 anyway in this day and age. I soundly recommend the Harley module and harness and you HAVE to have the harness that goes with it.

But it makes no sense to me on that large harness, seems like a simple pig tail would cover the wiring hook up.

thanks for the info

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »

I agree on the large harness but I was told it will allow connection of other items such as the communicator (intercom), CB etc. I do not know this as a fact as I have not looked into it, but part guy at dealer said this (but he has probably 2 weeks experience so who knows)

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.