Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Good price for Zumo 550  (Read 2912 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Good price for Zumo 550
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:21:42 PM »

I just purchased the Zumo 550 off Ebay for $639.95 and due to selecting a "BING cashback" deal in the search engine, I will get 8% of the purchase price back from the Microsoft Cashback Rewards program or $51.20 will be put back into my Paypal account.  Net price for the Garmin Zumo 550 was $588.75 and that is with free shipping and no taxes, since the vendor is out of state.  I also purchased the TechMount 30977MC chrome GPS mount on Ebay for $69.95 plus $5.95 shipping or total $75.90...so it's a little less than going direct to TechMount.  Total for Zumo 550 and chrome mount was $664.65.  I think that's a pretty good price compared to what else I've seen out there, without worrying that I'll actually receive what I paid for.  Since it's a BING cashback vendor with 99.5% positive feedback, I will assume I'm dealing with a very reputable vendor.

If anyone needs more complete instructions on how to get the cashback to work out, let me know.  You have to setup a Microsoft Cashback account, you need a paypal account, and you need an Ebay account.  At the end of the transaction, it will prompt you for your cashback login to get your cash back.

catahoula58

• Senior CVO Member
  • "There are no LifeGuards in the Gene Pool"
    • TX

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
    • CVO2: 2004 Heritage Softail (NON CVO)
Re: Good price for Zumo 550
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »

Yeah I looked at the also on EBay and thought it was a good deal!  sure beat sitting there and timing the cost of the bidding and hoping to win!  most of the bids do go over 600 lately.  been watching and bidding myself.   So how about sharing more on that cash back trick!   need one of these zumos myself!   thanks in advance! 

Catahoula58   :orange:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:27:03 PM »

If you go onto msn.com and then do a search through their search engine for "Garmin Zumo 550", there will be one at the top shaded in blue with a link to Ebay.  It will show that it is a "BING Cashback" item with 8% cashback offered.  When you click on that link, it will take you to Ebay and you will see that item, again marked with the cashback markings next to it.  You have to purchase on the "Buy it Now" and pay through Paypal to get your 8% cash back.

You have to sign up for the BING (Microsoft) cashback also.  I just did a search on BING cashback and clicked on the one of the links to setup a username and password, etc.  You obviously also need a paypal and Ebay username and password.  When you buy the item, it will tell you right away that it qualifies for the 8% cashback and after the paypal screens, another screen comes up to enter your login info for the BING cashback.

This is not something that is set up for every purchase.  It's only on specific items from specific vendors, so you have to choose the one that is labeled that way from your search and buy that particular item.  It just happens that the Zumo 550 was one of those items, so I went ahead and signed up.  The seller on it was something like 7 Fold GPS and they have a good rating.  The cashback does not come from the seller, but rather from Microsoft.  It will be deposited back into your Paypal account, but it may take up to 60 days, since they have to wait to make sure you didn't return the item to the seller.

If you try it, and end up with questions along the way, post your questions or PM me or whatever.  I'll try to help, but it was pretty straightforward once you know you have accounts set up with BING, Paypal, and Ebay.  Happy shopping.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »

Isn't the 660 a new and better unit???? It is cheaper for some reason.

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »

Is the 550 brand new or reconditioned?---AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:56:51 PM »

Sounds like a great deal! I am going to go with a Zumo, but with me not getting back to the states (and my bike) until Jan, I am kind of waiting to see if the price might drop a little by the end of the year... but this might be too good to pass up now. hmmmmm

Thanks for pointing us in that direction!!

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 09:02:26 PM »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »

Looks like you can get a new 660 for $700... so with the 8% off it would be $644 shipped after the cash back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Garmin-zumo-660-Motorcycle-Navigator-GPS-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ160360339216QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGPS_Devices?hash=item2556389710&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Go to Chicago HD's website--a ZUMO 660 is $749 less 20% which is $599

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »

Looks like you can get a new 660 for $700... so with the 8% off it would be $644 shipped after the cash back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Garmin-zumo-660-Motorcycle-Navigator-GPS-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ160360339216QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGPS_Devices?hash=item2556389710&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Please look at this search page and note the "$" and "Bing Cashback" noted.  http://www.bing.com/search?q=garmin+zumo+550&FORM=MSNH11&qs=n  It is only the items that come up this way that qualify for cashback and it will not always be 8%.  This particular item qualified for 8% cashback.

As far as the Zumo 660 goes, I do not want the 660.  I prefer the 550.  If you read enough about the two models, you may come to the same conclusion that I did.  I didn't even bother to check the pricing on the Zumo 660, since I had no intentions of purchasing that one.  I did just check to see that there are no "Bing Cashback" offers available for the Zumo 660.

Oh, and yes, the Zumo 550 is new in the box, not a refurbished unit.  I am having much faith in this seller, as they are partnered with Microsoft in offering the cash back on these particular units.  That would obviously help them sell their units and they are getting their price out of them.  Microsoft is the one giving the cash back, not the seller.  I'm assuming that Microsoft researched the sellers that they tied themselves to for these items, plus again, the seller has excellent feedback on Ebay.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 11:42:40 PM »

Please look at this search page and note the "$" and "Bing Cashback" noted.  http://www.bing.com/search?q=garmin+zumo+550&FORM=MSNH11&qs=n  It is only the items that come up this way that qualify for cashback and it will not always be 8%.  This particular item qualified for 8% cashback.

As far as the Zumo 660 goes, I do not want the 660.  I prefer the 550.  If you read enough about the two models, you may come to the same conclusion that I did.  I didn't even bother to check the pricing on the Zumo 660, since I had no intentions of purchasing that one.  I did just check to see that there are no "Bing Cashback" offers available for the Zumo 660.

Oh, and yes, the Zumo 550 is new in the box, not a refurbished unit.  I am having much faith in this seller, as they are partnered with Microsoft in offering the cash back on these particular units.  That would obviously help them sell their units and they are getting their price out of them.  Microsoft is the one giving the cash back, not the seller.  I'm assuming that Microsoft researched the sellers that they tied themselves to for these items, plus again, the seller has excellent feedback on Ebay.

I did follow your directions... and could have sworn that link I posted had the cashback... but it definitely doesn't now

OK, I started from the beginning, and if you link directly to the item, the Bing$ doesn't show... you have to start from the Bing search and then it will show up. So there are BIng$ offers on the 660.

Wasn't trying to imply you ar emaking the wrong choice... just threw it out there for additional consideration. I haven't decided which way I am going yet. Will all the MP3s I have, I don't think I'll need XM. Weather would be nice to have.. but not a must have. Stereo Bluetooth is definitely a plus... but then I'm also considering adding Hawg Tunes... so I may not NEED Bluetooth music... lol

Glad I've got 4-5 months before I have to decide which way to go.. maybe some of the bugs will be worked out of the 660 so I can go that route with more confidence.

Again, thanks for the info on Bing$... will definitely have to check that out with any other purchases I look at making!!!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 12:09:25 AM »

I did follow your directions... and could have sworn that link I posted had the cashback... but it definitely doesn't now

OK, I started from the beginning, and if you link directly to the item, the Bing$ doesn't show... you have to start from the Bing search and then it will show up. So there are BIng$ offers on the 660.

Wasn't trying to imply you ar emaking the wrong choice... just threw it out there for additional consideration. I haven't decided which way I am going yet. Will all the MP3s I have, I don't think I'll need XM. Weather would be nice to have.. but not a must have. Stereo Bluetooth is definitely a plus... but then I'm also considering adding Hawg Tunes... so I may not NEED Bluetooth music... lol

Glad I've got 4-5 months before I have to decide which way to go.. maybe some of the bugs will be worked out of the 660 so I can go that route with more confidence.

Again, thanks for the info on Bing$... will definitely have to check that out with any other purchases I look at making!!!

That's why I said that if you read enough about them, you MAY come to the same conclusion as me.  I don't know if I made the right choice or not, and not having the unit yet, it's hard for me to say how wonderful it is or isn't.  I look at it this way.  Either one has got to be better than the one in my radio now.  It's just too much of a pain to switch CD's to use the NAV and then have to listen to the radio instead of CD.  It took me a while to decide if it was worth the added expense, so I finally just went for it.  I picked up the cigarette lighter adaptor and SD card tonight, and ordered the audio cable, since I couldn't find anyone around here with a comparable one.  I still can't believe that between Radio Shack and Best Buy, they don't have an audio cable less than 6' long and none with angled ends.  That just blew me away.  I thought that would be easy to come up with.  Now I just have to order one of those thumbscrews and I should be in shape until I get around to hard wiring the unit.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:30:41 AM »

Not to completely  :jack: you... but in a bit of quick looking, for anyone who isn't sure which way to go, I found this on another HD site: http://hdforums.com/forum/5074642-post15.html

Very in depth review from a rider who owns both a 550 & 660.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 09:57:20 AM »

very informative post!!! Thanks. The only issue I have now with the 660 is not being able to remove the hardwired bike mount :(

harleymike77

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »

very informative post!!! Thanks. The only issue I have now with the 660 is not being able to remove the hardwired bike mount :(

I agree 100%.  I was just about to "pull the trigger" on the Zumo 660, then I read this (EXCELLENT review by the way).  It would be nice to be able to remove the bike mount when not in use, for that "clean look".  Have you choosen a route to go Mike?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 01:19:24 PM »

Some sort of quick disconnect---like maybe a battery tender type of plug since I am not using the audio feature connected to the radio, so the only connections I need are power and ground.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 21 queries.