Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zumo 550 music on SDHC card  (Read 2085 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Zumo 550 music on SDHC card
« on: September 15, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »

My Zumo 550 should be here tomorrow or Thursday, and I'm trying to get prepared.  I loaded 6.2 GB of music (1437 songs) onto an 8 GB SDHC card, divided into 11 folders.  I'm hoping that this won't cause the unit to load too slowly.

My question is; will there be anything else that I will need to load to this card that contains music, that will also be needed to operate the unit?  Also, if I want to load the Harley dealer list, does that go on this card, or is that loaded on the internal memory of the unit?

I'm sure I'll have a few other questions once I actually receive it and get it hooked up.

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
Re: Zumo 550 music on SDHC card
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:09:59 AM »

I believe I heard that the Zumo will only recognize 1000 songs, regardless of how many are on the card.

The Harley POI list will be loaded to the Zumo itself using Garmin's POI Loader program.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:35:31 AM »

I believe I heard that the Zumo will only recognize 1000 songs, regardless of how many are on the card.

The Harley POI list will be loaded to the Zumo itself using Garmin's POI Loader program.

I just found that in a post from back in early 2007, that only 1000 songs can be on one card.  I guess there's no reason to get 8 GB cards then.  A 4 GB card should get me close to 1000 songs.  It won't take me long to delete to under 1000 songs, and I guess I've got a good start on filling a 2nd card already.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:49:42 AM »

I just found another post that mentioned that the Zumo 550 will recognize more than 1000 songs as long as they are in separate playlists of less than 1000 songs each.  I'm going to leave the card as is for the moment until I see if being in separate folders equates to separate playlists.  I guess I'll be able to find out quickly once I receive the unit.  I can't imagine it taking me more than 2 minutes to decide which folders to delete and delete them to go under the 1000 mark if necessary.

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 07:39:43 AM »

www.zumoforums.com

Lots of knowing people there and lots of info on the Zumo units.

They can tell you anything you need to know.

Happy trailing.... ;D
Ride It Like You Are Retired

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 08:20:16 AM »

www.zumoforums.com

Lots of knowing people there and lots of info on the Zumo units.

They can tell you anything you need to know.

Happy trailing.... ;D

I'm aware of the zumoforums, however I think we all gain from having little tidbits thrown in on this forum, rather than trying to sift through a forum entirely made up of Zumo information.  I'm sure that the zumoforums will be very useful also, but I still like coming here instead.  Also, some of the questions are going to be more geared to our specific bikes, such as my next question.

If I have a Zumo 550, and pair it up Bluetooth with my phone, but I don't have a Bluetooth headset, will I still be able to talk on the phone with the wired headset and microphone?

woode

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Anniversary FLHTCUSE8
    • CVO2: (Retired) Ruby Red FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:41:08 PM »

If I have a Zumo 550, and pair it up Bluetooth with my phone, but I don't have a Bluetooth headset, will I still be able to talk on the phone with the wired headset and microphone?
Dave,

You sure can.  The gentleman that  you just responded to (Jim Bissonette) makes a device that allows you to do what you want to do.  I have it installed, and I can tell you that it works great.  Here is a link to his website:  ttp://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/

Ed

woode

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 10:46:09 PM »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 10:57:39 PM »

Dave,

You sure can.  The gentleman that  you just responded to (Jim Bissonette) makes a device that allows you to do what you want to do.  I have it installed, and I can tell you that it works great.  Here is a link to his website:  ttp://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/

Ed

I may be guessing incorrectly, but if I tried to just pair the Zumo to my phone, and then just tried to use the stock headset, I am guessing that I would be able to see calls coming in on the Zumo and I may be able to listen to them, but not be able to talk.  Am I looking at this correctly?  Actually, if I'm just able to see that a call is coming in on the Zumo, I don't really care if I can answer and talk.  I would probably rather pull over and return the call quickly.  Assuming that gets to be a pain, I can always upgrade at a later date...like during the winter months when I have the time to play around with hooking something like that up.

woode

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 11:15:06 PM »

You guess correctly.  You will be able to  see the call come in on the zumo,  answer it,  hear the caller, but they won't be able to hear you because there is no microphone connected to the phone. You can also initiate a call, but the person that you call will not be able to hear you.  I don't know about you, but that would frustrate the hell out of me.  I would rather take the call and keep it short than have the caller wondering why no one is talking.  I don't use the phone often, but when I need it, it is incredibly convenient and easy.

Ed

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 11:34:12 PM »

You guess correctly.  You will be able to  see the call come in on the zumo,  answer it,  hear the caller, but they won't be able to hear you because there is no microphone connected to the phone. You can also initiate a call, but the person that you call will not be able to hear you.  I don't know about you, but that would frustrate the hell out of me.  I would rather take the call and keep it short than have the caller wondering why no one is talking.  I don't use the phone often, but when I need it, it is incredibly convenient and easy.

Ed

BUT...I just bought the Zumo and haven't even received it yet, bought the SDHC card, cigarette lighter adapter, security thumbscrew, audio cable, FXRG pants, went away for the weekend for Labor Day and spent a bunch, and going to Maggie Valley next Thursday.  First, I can't justify the extra bike related expense for this month, and second, I think I'm better off waiting until I actually try out the unit to determine exactly what I want it to do for me.  Plus, I'm thinking about buying a modular helmet before the trip to MV.  I'll have to figure out what else I want to do over the cold months.

If I'd ever run into you somewhere in the area, you might be able to show me the operation with that thing installed and it very well may be just what I'm looking for.  One of these fine days, we'll have to get together, since we're in such close proximity.

woode

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 11:42:02 PM »

Sounds good.  I was actually out your way a couple of weeks ago during the state rally.  Went to Z&M for one of the dealer stops.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 21 queries.