Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weather Band on Radio  (Read 839 times)

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
Weather Band on Radio
« on: September 22, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »

I/ve been riding for 40 years but just got my first bagger in 09. I see the radio has a weather band but have no clue how to use it. While travelling over 8 states, I scanned and found more than one channel in most places. How do you know what channel is for what area? is there a list by numbers-locations or something?

Thanks, Jimbob :confused5:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Weather Band on Radio
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »

Not sure how it works in your area but in the Sacramento region i have found each weather channel (OEM Radio) pretty much a duplicate of each, One central one coastal but each giving the exact same information. I've been using the XM weather alert service with my XM subscription on my Zumo and the information it provide is spot on, when the warnings come up, it's there.. plus the overview it provides on screen gives you a snap shot of surrounding weather and what your getting into. IMO, the XM weather service is the way to go.  :2vrolijk_21:

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Weather Band on Radio
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 01:13:16 PM »

There's usually a couple of channels for any given area. You just seek to the next channel as you lose the previous one. It will always be local. Simple and so foolproof, even the moco couldn't screw it up.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 21 queries.