Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Auxiliary Lighting SESG clear/smoke  (Read 11114 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Auxiliary Lighting SESG clear/smoke
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 10:57:03 PM »

Makes me wonder what the HID headlights would look like on the SESG.  Whada ya say JC.  Got pics of your concord with the new xenon bulbs yet?

Yes, I had Jim change my headlight to the xenon HID but don't think I have any pics.  Nearly all the Nor Cal krew run with these.

CVO Tequila there aren't any lights on a stock HD that are xenon HID.  They may refer to them as HID, but they're not even close.  If I put my bike up next to a stock CVO headlight (had that opportunity again today) the stock headlight looks yellow and dim.  A xenon HID is a clean bright, white light that puts out twice the candle power or lumens that a stock light puts out.

They're expensive, very expensive, but once you do it you'll never settle for stock lights again.  They are just that much different, even in daylight. :2vrolijk_21:

I'll try to get some pics taken with a bike with stock lights.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »

JC-

What company did you purchase those Xenon lights from? Is it an easy replacement?
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 05:23:54 AM »

JC-

What company did you purchase those Xenon lights from? Is it an easy replacement?

I bought them from Jim and he did the install (hd-dude on this forum).  Metal Dragon is his shop.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »

I bought them from Jim and he did the install (hd-dude on this forum).  Metal Dragon is his shop.

Thanks
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »

Makes me wonder what the HID headlights would look like on the SESG.  Whada ya say JC.  Got pics of your concord with the new xenon bulbs yet?

Not really very good examples but here's a couple pics I just snapped on the side of the road.  The SERG has the stock headlights and my bike has the HID.

I've seen a lot better examples....not sure why these didn't turn out so well.  Maybe it's because my forks are turned slightly away from the camera where the fixed fairing lights are straight ahead.  Side by side, in person the stock headlights look yellow and dim compared to the white and bright of the HID.  As a matter of fact, Jim (the owner of the SERG) was very suprised just now when I pulled him over and to take these pics.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 02:54:15 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 02:52:01 PM »

and one more

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 03:25:06 PM »

Not really very good examples but here's a couple pics I just snapped on the side of the road.  The SERG has the stock headlights and my bike has the HID.

I've seen a lot better examples....not sure why these didn't turn out so well.  Maybe it's because my forks are turned slightly away from the camera where the fixed fairing lights are straight ahead.  Side by side, in person the stock headlights look yellow and dim compared to the white and bright of the HID.  As a matter of fact, Jim (the owner of the SERG) was very suprised just now when I pulled him over and to take these pics.
Probably would show better when comparing a single bulb headlight against a single bulb headlight. :nixweiss: I noticed a big difference this summer when riding w/Neal and his HID.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 02:56:41 PM »

Thanks for posting those JC.  Maybe what you see in the pictures is affected by your computer monitor and your color settings.  I definitely notice the yellowish color from the RG and the Whiter color of the HID SG bulb.

I think it may be about time for Household 6 to order my Xetronic kit from Jim.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »

Let me just say at my age (I'll be 59 in four months) it makes a huge difference at night.  That's when I need it the most....at night. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 01:10:13 AM »

I like the look of the street glide with aux lights anyway,,, Fills out the front end of the bike.. Otherwise it looks like it's missing somethiong up front.   Just my H.O.   and humble it is,,
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.977 seconds with 21 queries.