Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Speaker + and -  (Read 2691 times)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
Re: Speaker + and -
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »

I'd look hard at the ground
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »

I respectfully disagree with the above. While not a professional musician I did spend many years in the car audio industry doing many many award winning installations. I also have very high end home audio equipment. The polarity of the speaker is critical as the cone of the speaker moves inward or outward based on this. If a speakers polarity is reversed the cone will pull inward instead of outward. This is most apparrent with low frequencies.  You are correct with speakers both being the same. If you have, for example, the left correct and the right reversed the speakers will cancel each other out and result in very poor low frequency response (out of phase).

To answer your question though...the smaller of the female spade lugs on the HD wires are positives. From memory they are the white and gray wires for the front. There is a trace color on them as well and I do not remember the colors for those of the top of my head.

The DB switch is typically to cut the high frequencies by the specified amount. For the bike I would run them out "0" they will be louder than the -3 setting
I spent 10+ years in the car audio business myself and i would have to agree with the above.

MD-Dave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 07:34:07 PM »

Klaus. Any luck getting rid of the sizzle?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 03:13:09 AM »

Not yet , still there when the audio is off , but i do not really worry about because it is really a very silent sizzle .
I will check the ground from the amp to the fairing mount screw again when i will remove the fairing again .
I also have to check whether the sound at high volume will improve when i would switch the (i guess "filter"-switch is it named on the side of the bazooka-amp) to "half" instead of "full" (like i use it now).
I also pushed the -3db knob and think it is better now .
And i reduced the bass and Highs at only 4 lines at the stock audio .
I am able to hear the music clear upto 90mph .
Any speed faster , the music is still to hear but not really very clearly .
I guess that i will have to do some adjustment-test till it is perfect .

Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:20 AM »

Klaus, like I said in the PM, without an input, there is going to be some static from the amp through the speakers, but once you aplly an input, radio/cd/ipod, it goes away
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.