Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?  (Read 11776 times)

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »

Looking to buy 2010 FLSTSE. Did anyone get a good deal on their purchase?
Live To Win!

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

I ordered mine 2nd week of August after test riding one (several actually) at Sturgis.  In early October I took my trade into the dealer and we agreed upon $28,900 for the bike and he gave me $13,800 for my '05 Heritage with 57,000 miles.  I thought I got a decent deal, considering the tax incentive, not having to sell it on my own, and the mileage on the bike.  And getting the color I wanted.  Stealers aren't really very hungry with an SE, especially a brand new model.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

I purchased my 2010 CVO Conv last November. These are limited edition and there was no "deal" on the bike. In fact, my model is the only one the dealer in Annapolis has had in stock to date. They are scheduled for another one in a few weeks.

Like the other guy on the thread, you might get something extra on a trade or financing. Can't speak to that, I had nothing to trade and paid cash for the ride.

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »

I paid MSRP in Nov. 09, I went to several Dealers that either had them or were due to get them and no one would ever consider moving on the price.

Here in MI there were several of the Red and Orange not one in Blue, I think that will be the rarest of colors. Its a great bike good luck and get one while you can.

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »

I live outside Lexington, KY and we have the Red and Blue one here. I found an orange one that had just sold in Indiana for $25,900. It had 554 miles on it and had Rinehart pipes put on it. Here in Lexington they offered the bike at $27,999 plus $350 setup and $1000 in store credit. Not a bad deal. A store in Ohio offered it at $27,999 with no setup or freight charges. Just trying to get info to make the best deal.
Live To Win!

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

I paid MSRP on 11/23/09 for an orange one in NY. My dealer threw in a free H-D Modular helmet. I was going to buy that very one anyway so I was happy as it was a $275 save.

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »

I checked with my local HD Dealer and he found out that 1865 FLSTSE have been made. The advertisement says approx. 2500. He could not find out the breakdown of each color, but I have found many red and orange ones and only one blue one. The orange stands out, the red looks great with all the chrome, and the blue looks good in person, but is my least favorite.
Live To Win!

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 05:20:55 PM »

I like the Orange, Red and Blue in that order however I did see the blue one in person at the NYC Motorcycle Show and it was quite striking. It is going to look awesome outside on a sunny day.

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »

Mike, did Harley say anything about a windshield mod at the NYC bike show?   :jack:  (nobody say a thing or the softail convertible gets it!)..........  ::)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 05:54:37 PM »

the Factory rep said he appreciated all my feedback and said he would bring the comments back to HQ. He seemed genuinely interested but who knows if anything will ever come of it.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

Well, then, that sort of tells me that they aren't due to release something like we were looking for in the next month or so.  I need to get off my 2 spot and get something done.  thanks. 

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »

MSRP paid here. They wanted more.

Stole it before Goldfar could get his hands on it.  <snicker>

Best windshield is the fatboy shield. You can get your choice of sizes and shades. We got the med height in smoke. Fits with no mods.

Porky...  open that wallet and let some butterflies out every once in a while.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »

:smash:

See?? nothing in my wallet..........   

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »

I picked ours up only about a month ago. There are 4 dealerships in my county and ended up getting mine in he less desirable neighborhood. It's seemed they were having problems selling this model in that that city. They had 2 of the Scarlets in stock and sales are down in January as you would expect. I told the sales guy that if he knocks 3k off the MSRP I would take one off his hands. He said he couldn't do that so I walked away. He said give him a moment to call the sales manager. I told him I would but I was running out of day and need to get to the bank before is closes to get the cashiers check. About two minutes later he said he could do it.

He tried to jack me a bit on the Setup and Delivery fees. He wanted  around $650 each. I pointed out in the Moco brochure that delivery was $360 so that was resolved. We argued over the setup fee for a little while, my position was it doesn't take more than 4 hour to set up a bike so lets say 4 hour @ 75 per hour.. I pay $300. He's response was "I'm giving you $3000 off MSRP!! $475 take it or leave it.

We shook hands and I got it out the door for $28,785.63 including CA emission, tax, lic, doc, etc.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 10:48:48 AM »

That sounds like a great deal, Gamma.  At my local dealership (which went into bankruptcy within a week of us working on a deal) they tried to get me for $3000 over msrp and told me that was the absolutely best deal they could do me on that bike and that the boss probably wouldn't hold it for me past the weekend.  ha!  Well, that bike is still sitting on the floor 4 months later.  their whole dealership has been closed since that date.  So, I figure they had wind things were heading south and didn't want to or couldn't "help a brother out".  
Where I ended up trading and doing business, 85 miles away, they adjusted the numbers, I'm sure.  Having bought about 10 or 11 new vehicles throughout my life, I am convinced stealers can either "lower the bridge or raise the river" to make a deal.  Rarely do they do both.  They can inflate the value of your trade so you feel like you got a good deal there.  But their vehicle usually stays put at their asking price.  Or they can give you an exceptional buy on the price of their new bike but will lowball you and try to make you feel like a putz for buying your bike or car in the first place, because it "just didn't hold up in value.  You should have bought that other bike or car and then it would be worth more than you paid for it on a trade in"  ha!  
I do know that they gave me $13,800 trade in on my 5 year old bike with 57,000 miles on it.  It is sitting on their floor right now with a price tag of $14,286 so it is not marked up that much.  I got the new bike for msrp plus setup/delivery, but they made their money on me one way or another.......Trick is to do the best you can do and move forward.  Usually, 3 or 4 months later I can't even remember how much I paid for the new rig.  Life is for the living.  Move forward and ride on!!   Never fall in love with a vehicle.............until after you get home.  If they won't give it to you for your price, don't be afraid to walk toward the door.  Rarely will they let you touch the handle before they come back around and want to resume talks.  Sometimes cash talks and sometimes........ not so much.   I think you did well, Gamma!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:59:05 AM by porkypig »

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »

Looks like Gamma got the best deal so far. Thanks porkypig for all your help. I will keep on looking...
Live To Win!

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »

Oooops.  Just remembered that by trading my $13,800 bike in, I saved another $1150 in sales tax.  Closing on you, Gamma............    Now that's something to consider for those that are considering trading their bike in but don't want to get burned by the man.  In Washington state, the value of your trade-in comes right off the taxable amount for sales tax @ 8.3%.   Adds up somewhere.......  Pork

goldfar

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:13 PM »

MSRP paid here. They wanted more.

Stole it before Goldfar could get his hands on it.  <snicker>

Well, I was ON MY WAY to getting a great deal, then Wizard showed up, stole MY bike and more significantly, caused the dealer to think there was a major run on these bikes and with so many customers (apparently) wanting one, the discount dissapeared.

Seriously, I paid the MSRP but had a 6-month old Sporty to trade in on the promotional deal where they give you full MSRP on the Sporty trade-in the first year towards a bigger bike.  I had purchsed the Sporty for thousands less than MSRP, so I guess it became a good deal in the end.
2010 Screaming Eagle Softail Convertible
Crimson Red/Autum Haze

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 02:12:01 PM »

I paid MSRP + 450.00 for a 2010 SEUC. I traded in a 2008 ultra and got what I thought was fair. Dealer selling it for $200.00 over what he gave for trade.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »

Well, a hearty welcome to Pkl.  Sounds like you did good on your purchase as well.  Doesn't sound like anybody has gotten stung, really, yet.  I was thinking, just possibly, that maybe Harley has taken "their people" aside, and told them they need to get with "our people" and get some rejuvenation into the economy.  Specifically to Harley-Davidson.  Make some real deals and get people buying, arguably, the best dang motorcycle in the world.  The Harley-Davidson motorcycle.  This Convertible seems to be a bit slow taking off, purchase wise, but believe when the weather breaks and there's some spaces on the open road, these bikes are gonna be fillin' 'em!   Keep on buyin' 'em, folks!  And tell your friends to buy 'em too.  To paraphrase the immortal words of gangster (not gangsta') Al Capone, "Buy early.....and  often!"       Ah, life is funny sometimes............   8)

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 05:19:41 PM »

Wasn't sure how this topic would work out, but Kiss, you did a good job with the question.  A little honesty among friends is good for the soul.  Gives the man a little info about what we are expecting, as well.  This one is gettin' a lot of viewin' !  Good job!

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 10:25:13 PM »

I've never done well with a trade in. It seems like they always want to make money on both ends, at least that's been my experience. Some here seem to have done well with their trades. There is room for dealing on a CVO but as the weather warms up and the economy improves, we may find ourselves lucky to get one at MSRP. I'd like to trade my 06 CUSE in on that new blacked out CUSE but I don't think there will be any deals on that one. With only around 1000 produced and numbered, plus most dealers only getting one, many will be presold.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:56 AM »

I've never done well with a trade in. It seems like they always want to make money on both ends, at least that's been my experience. Some here seem to have done well with their trades. There is room for dealing on a CVO but as the weather warms up and the economy improves, we may find ourselves lucky to get one at MSRP. I'd like to trade my 06 CUSE in on that new blacked out CUSE but I don't think there will be any deals on that one. With only around 1000 produced and numbered, plus most dealers only getting one, many will be presold.

Our local dealer pre-sold their black CUSE for $45K.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 11:44:56 PM »

Had two different dealers contact me today on the orange FLSTSE. One has a new one for $28000 + $1000 in store credit. The other has less the 500 miles on it and they asked for an offer. I said $25000...lets see what they say.
Live To Win!

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »

If you get her for 25k you will be doing real well. Warmer weather is coming, lets us know how you do..
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

HermitIX

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible - Autumn Mist/Crimson Red
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:40 AM »

I purchased my new 2010 Softail Convertible from Boswell's HD in Nashville Tennesse in early December. The base price was $26,336 + $299 Doc Fee = $26,635 out-the-door. I had to pay local taxes when I got my tag in Alabama. I was very impressed with this dealership.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 12:42:44 AM »

Of course everybody has to pay sales tax if you're living in a sales tax state like Washington, but if you didn't have to pay delivery charge or set up charge, you did get a steal.  good going!

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 08:32:35 PM »

Hermit IX, THANK YOU! I purchased mine today at Boswell's for $26,635 just as you did. They will be delivering it to me next week. My tax and lic will be $1511. So total is $28,146. I got the orange inferno.
Live To Win!

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »

Nice!! There are some deals going on. At least during this winter..
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »

Yes, it sounds like there are still quite a few for sale out there.  Soon as the nice weather gets here (we are getting it out here in the west) they will all sell out, I'm sure. 

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 12:07:14 AM »

Looking forward to getting mine next week. Both the crimson and blue ones that were here in Lexington sold. The crimson three weeks ago and the blue last weekend. The dealer said a total of 1865 were made.
Live To Win!

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »

I take it you got the Inferno.  Was that the new one or the one that had less than 500 miles?   

HermitIX

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 06:15:43 AM »

Hermit IX, THANK YOU! I purchased mine today at Boswell's for $26,635 just as you did. They will be delivering it to me next week. My tax and lic will be $1511. So total is $28,146. I got the orange inferno.

Great News! Are you in the Nashville area?? My guess is they make better deals out of area as they figure it's just free business they otherwise wouldn't get.

I wish I lived near that dealership. The people are great and they have a full diner inside the dealership which makes for a nice social center for area bikers.

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »

HermitIX, I live outside of Lexington, KY. They are delivering it on Saturday. I can't wait! Looks like I will be able to ride Sunday if the weatherman is right. Should be around 60 degrees.
Live To Win!

HermitIX

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2010, 08:56:21 PM »

Kisscorky:

Enjoy! I have a mare and a Big Brown filly boarded in Lexington at Three Chimney's farm. It's a beautiful city and surrounding countryside.

Did you get the email I sent to your gmail account?

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 04:59:04 PM »

Just a quick post to say the FLSTSE has arrived! Been riding for three hours and off to ride a few more! This bike is awesome!
Live To Win!

enormus322

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 07:28:38 PM »

paid  28900 for mine and added full size windshield, passing lamps and moved the turn signals down under passing lamps, so with add ons and tax i am up to 32k... searching for pipes, tuners and other mods if any one has any suggestions for me on these topics

enormus322

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »

no such thing as a good deal... look to pay msrp... they don't last long on the floor so if you want one your going to have to pay for it... :P

YPGuy

• 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
    • OH

• CVO1: 2010 CVO FLSTSE (Crimson Red)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (Black Diamond)
    • CVO3: 2016 CVO FLHXSE (Carbon Crystal)
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 06:59:34 PM »

Bought mine last week in eastern Ohio for 500 under MSRP. All the dealers around me had at least one on there floor. Everyone wanted MSRP, nobody was asking over....this dealer wanted to sell it and they had two. I bought the Crimson, and just love it.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »

I got mine for $500 under MSRP Cash deal in NY.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

pleezinme

« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »

Here is what I did. I bought the Blue CVO Softail for my wife and the Concord CVO Street Glide for me from the same dealer. Got $3000 off for both bikes plus $1,000 in gift card for parts. I think I did pretty well since other dealers were balking at MSRP. Plus I think dealers are not selling that many bikes. Tade values do suck. So sell By Owner on Craigs list.

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:45 AM »

I just picked my 2010 FLSTSE at the dealer for $25,000 out the door with 7 miles on her.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 02:02:53 PM »

Now that sounds like a good deal to me.  Enjoy the bike!

jdm100

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 07:47:22 AM »

I have an 2010-- Blue,   2300 miles, extras include digital flush gas cap and fuel guage, chrome switches,  complete chrome caps, brand new Fat Boy windshield,  relo turn signals to forks- OEM install appearance, upgrade h/d horn unit, Power Commander installed and bike dynotuned for nice improvement over stock.  (extras $2k). Bike Showroom mint.

firm price is $23900, buyer pays shipping.   Located in Saratoga NY

email vrs PM if interested.    jdave@michaelsgroup.com

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

My crimson/silver '10 was traded in for my '11 Scarlet.  I received $22,000 trade which really took the sting off the sales tax on the new one.  Was told by the dealer they would market it for $25K and I looked on their website yesterday and sure enough........that's what it is listed for.  has 6100 miles on it and only luggage rack for extras.  Dealers have to make a little money on the trade-in or they wouldn't accept trades.  1st year is going to take the biggest hit on depreciation.  Sold new for $29K and a year later retailing for $25K.  Wide enough spread for someone to buy the used I guess.  Some dealers are playing the game of telling you one thing when you are buying new and telling you another thing when you are trading in.  Some dealers just don't want to deal, I think.  The economy will prevail, I believe.    Pork

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »

Well...lets see... I first saw a brand new orange ConV at the dealer in November '09 for MSRP and a used blue one with 171 miles on it for $5 under MSRP... I had time so I just kept stopping at the dealer throughout the winter/spring '10, talking to the same salesman each time and watched other bikes go but both of these sat. I still did not know much about the diffrent models and wanted to get a feel for HD and all as I haven't ridden for so long and came from a Honda V45 back in the day. The blue ones miles edged up a lil throughout. They said through demos and some folks at the dealer taking it out. By late June '10 I figured I was ready to start dealing and thought a ConV was a pipedream since the "boss" would think they were just too expensive! But being in banking and dealing with car and bike dealers she was in the know about the industry so she did not seem too shook when I started throwing numbers out...surprised me! Or she just accepted that I was going to get a bike and get back into it after 25+ years of family, sports, kids, etc.. and let me loose!
  So, long story made longer... I went in and rented a Heritage to see if I could still ride and if I still liked riding... 'lil (read LOTS) rusty but enjoyed the hell out of that day! (A few friends heard what I was up to and they 'volunteered' to ride with me and that REALLY helped!)  By the next couple weeks in early/mid July both bikes were still there so back at the dealer I talked to my salesman and roadtested 5 different bikes, they even bought us (my HD toting uncle and I) lunch since it was going to be an all day affair (my strategy) and I appeared to be ready to plunk down some ching.  So we got down to it and I had picked the blue ConV 'cause the miles were 421 and I liked the color better than the orange, AND I figured it was the best chance at negotiation.  The looming "next model year" introductions, the economy, my announcement I was paying cash (just lucky for me, I am NOT rich!) and the fact it sat there for soooo long I counted in my favor.... I had a flier from another HD dealer offering $1000 gift card for a purchase of a bike and I THINK the thousand could be applied to the bike so I mentioned this offhand and told him I would give him $24 flat for the bike which was refused after consultation with the Mgr.  We fiddled most of the afternoon and we came within $500 of what I had settled on as MY lowest number (which was above 24 but not by much). He said it was the best he could do so with "gentle prodding   :jack: from the wife and uncle I shook his hand and walked! I felt like s*#t being a spoiled ole' man and all! We talked about it ALL evening, all my loved ones guaranteed I would get a callback from the salesman, I was not soo sure..) and I even set-up an appointment with a competing dealer for the end of the week for the same model (only new).. Well I think it was two days later I get a call from the salesman in the PM asking if I was still interested in the deal WITH my $500 off and a $1000 giftcard that could be applied to the bike price!  I said I was and we finished the deal over the phone!  So when all was said and done I got the bike for $800 over my initial offer, out the door, dealer re-prep, taxes, title, etc included. Since it was slightly used I opted for a 2 year extended warranty and a lifetime service contract (a HD riding friends recommendation). I think they made some $$ back there but I was (and still am!) very happy with my experience!!   :apple:  :coolblue:  Please note.... your milage may vary....

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

I picked my 2010 FLSTSE(Chrimson color) in Sept.9-2010 $25.000.00 out the door brand new from Blaine Harley in MN.
I could have waited until Dec. 2010 to put up 2010 FLSTSE2 at St. Croix Harley in WI. I didn't like the paint color they were getting in(Blue) and didn't like the mini ape bars.

Anyhow, I'm putting on a detatchable fairing from Dragonfly matched paint with stereo, gps, the works.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 24 queries.