Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Want to add a hydraulic clutch to my 2010 FLHX (non CVO)  (Read 6718 times)

Deltasonik

Want to add a hydraulic clutch to my 2010 FLHX (non CVO)
« on: May 05, 2010, 04:50:35 PM »

Hey guys,
I am pretty new on this forum but I was hoping with the amount of knowledge here that I could get some assistance.  I am looking to add a Hydraulic clutch to my 2010 street glide but I am having a difficult time finding the transmission cover and the internals that are needed for the clutch.  I can find a cable easy enough and I already have the master cylinder reservoir off a wrecked 2009 CVO ULTRA.  It seems that there are a few EBay that are for older bikes but will they work on my 2010?  If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it!   

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
Re: Want to add a hydraulic clutch to my 2010 FLHX (non CVO)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »

You may want to reconsider that. Personally, I like the cable better because you can adjust it.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »

I would swear that Harley made a kit for this, but I can't seem to find it now. Maybe call a dealer??

Deltasonik

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:51:19 PM »

I would swear that Harley made a kit for this, but I can't seem to find it now. Maybe call a dealer??

I tried talking to my dealer and they were not much help.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »

Hey guys,
I am pretty new on this forum but I was hoping with the amount of knowledge here that I could get some assistance.  I am looking to add a Hydraulic clutch to my 2010 street glide but I am having a difficult time finding the transmission cover and the internals that are needed for the clutch.  I can find a cable easy enough and I already have the master cylinder reservoir off a wrecked 2009 CVO ULTRA.  It seems that there are a few EBay that are for older bikes but will they work on my 2010?  If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it!    

I tried talking to my dealer and they were not much help.

I am shocked!     Well, OK, I'm not really surprised that a Harley dealership wasn't much help.  It is apparent that the economy still hasn't gotten bad enough to weed out all the useless and clueless folks.

I've searched through the regular accessory catalogs and the SE catalogs several times since H-D went to the Cruise Drive trans in '07 and have never found an updated hydraulic clutch kit.  They still show a parts matrix for the '06 and earlier bikes, but nothing after that.  Very strange.

Obviously, where there is a will there is a way.  See if you can find another dealer that at least knows what a CVO is, and realizes they can use that CVO supplement to the parts manual to look up the parts you need.  The master cylinder, hydraulic fluid line, and the trans side cover with actuator should be pretty obvious.  Not so obvious is the clutch release push rod and release bearing.  The hydraulic clutch has a fixed length pushrod that is not adjustable like the one in the cable clutches.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

x52gnr

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »

I did this on my 07 Ultra, if the trans and clutch are the same I cant see why it wouldnt work on a 2010..  Pm me for a parts list. I dont regret switching to Hydraulic. Clutch feel is always the same hot or cold and not having to tinker with adjusting it is great...Pull is a bit easier but the biggest difference is once the lever is pulled in there is less effort required to hold it there, I have athritis in my left hand so it made a big difference to me...especially instop and go traffic
2007 Ultra
2009 V-Rod Muscle

Deltasonik

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »

Sent P.M.  Thank you in advance.

tship65

• 06 Streetglide, 110 SE CVO
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »

I have the transmission cover side for HYD and a chrome master cylinder (Left Side) for an 08,  I went with cable and did not use.  Both never used.  PM me if you want.  thanx Shawn

Deltasonik

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »

I have the transmission cover side for HYD and a chrome master cylinder (Left Side) for an 08,  I went with cable and did not use.  Both never used.  PM me if you want.  thanx Shawn

Shawn.. you have PM.

Deltasonik

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »

I finished this successfully... Very easy mod.. If anyone wants to do this mod I would be happy to answer questions. 

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.