Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Motorcycle noise laws by Town, not State or Federal.....NH  (Read 3473 times)

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100509-NEWS-100509846 More bizzare proposed laws in NH by snooty rich town, shocker...
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
Re: Motorcycle noise laws by Town, not State or Federal.....NH
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »

Why can't they just leave us alone with there bullchit laws.
 :nixweiss:

Jo Mo NYC  :coolblue:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »

Why can't they just leave us alone with there bullchit laws.

If all biker's were mature enough to not purposely antagonize the rest of the populace, there probably wouldn't be any noise laws specifically aimed at bikes.  As long as a significant percentage of bikers persist in being jerks, however, there will be attempts to control all of us.  And between you and me, even though I'm a biker, it ticks me off when a crowd of immature jerk-offs race up and down the road with open pipes just to irritate others and show us how "cool" and "tough" they are.  It's bad enough when one drunken fool blasts by the house at 3:00 am, but when an entire group does so and then comes back around for another "flyby", I can fully understand why folks want laws passed and enforced.

My suggestion to folks who don't want to see more restrictive motorcycle laws is to ride responsibly and to encourage the same from your friends.  Never forget, we are a minority and as such we are not the master's of our destiny.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

5.56mm

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 BLK #919
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:18:54 PM »

If all biker's were mature enough to not purposely antagonize the rest of the populace, there probably wouldn't be any noise laws specifically aimed at bikes.  As long as a significant percentage of bikers persist in being jerks, however, there will be attempts to control all of us.  And between you and me, even though I'm a biker, it ticks me off when a crowd of immature jerk-offs race up and down the road with open pipes just to irritate others and show us how "cool" and "tough" they are.  It's bad enough when one drunken fool blasts by the house at 3:00 am, but when an entire group does so and then comes back around for another "flyby", I can fully understand why folks want laws passed and enforced.

My suggestion to folks who don't want to see more restrictive motorcycle laws is to ride responsibly and to encourage the same from your friends.  Never forget, we are a minority and as such we are not the master's of our destiny.

Jerry

I  second that!

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »

I to have to agree with that in all fairness good point  :2vrolijk_21:

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 10:23:11 PM »

GRC on the money that said:

I am sick of the attacks on our individual freedoms every day. Some dogooder decides that we need a law to stop our neighbors from hurting themselves. Big Brother initiatives to regulate every aspect of our lives! Further they are always about passing some new rule and do nothing to enforce the ones they already have passed. Ludicrous at best its all about attracting attention to themselves to further their personal agenda's at the expense of others.

A prime example of the abuses of power, Our politicians are rotten from top to bottom.

RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

lv2ride56

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 10:47:28 PM »

A prime example of the abuses of power, Our politicians are rotten from top to bottom.

[/quote]

A great thing to remember at the voting booth. Vote them all out. If it's and encumbent, get rid of them.
Patriot Guard Rider

Ultra2010

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »

A great thing to remember at the voting booth. Vote them all out. If it's and encumbent, get rid of them.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO agree!   OUT THEY GO! 

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »

Like Wolfman I to live in NH and often ride to the Hampton area mentioned, as well as the beaches in Maine. I couldn't agree more with all the excellent post submitted on this topic. Our situation is no different than any other area in the country, a few thoughtless people are all it it takes to piss someone off and soon another House Bill is introduced. One thing we can be sure of neither side will ever give up. It's a loose - loose situation all around. Are there not enough laws on the books that if enforced could eradicate the minority that are causing this problem?  Maybe they don't want to enforce the laws! Easier to just outlaw everthing. Although I have heard from a few law enforcement officials that they are having some success in a few towns like Milford NH. The word has spread around to avoid the area if you will violate the noise statutes, I have RHTD on my 08 SERK and ride carefully when I visit my son and his family when I travel through Milford and have not had any incidents. Bike week is coming up in June at our Lakes region and the animals will be out in full force, our state tolerates the annual devastation left behind because of the trade off with the boost in capital, it's all about the money that is brought in to the state and local towns.

Honestly I don't think this legislation will pass, but it's just a matter of time. The majority will pay for the antics of the few.

Ray G.       

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:06 AM »

SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 05:09:12 PM »

Well said grc,   it's costing all of us when the not so courteous "biker" tries to show how big his peter is.  or aint...

I'd like to see more publication in magazines and such to try and help educate folk that they're shooting themselves in the foot. 

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »

I saw channel 9 giving quite a bit of coverage to this on the news last night. I forgot that Seacoast Harley was in that town. Sorry Wolfman I should have been more carefull when I read your post. I totally misunderstood it as another attempt at legislation at the state level when your post clearly stated it was a local jurisdiction issue. If it passes it will set a bad precedent for other towns to follow and as stated on the news will overburden a Police force that doesn't have the manpower to spare. Keep us posted!

Ray G.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »

Ray is correct.  Enforce the existing laws.  As far as requiring EPA stamped pipes, these stupid laws if challenged in court fall apart.  What about older bikes, obsolete systems?  Are those Tuned Civics required to have EPA stamped exhaust?  If its about noise and not safety, you cannot single out a type of vehicle. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 21 queries.