Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speaker Adapter Fit  (Read 853 times)

stonecoldhd

• 2008 FLHTCUSE3
Speaker Adapter Fit
« on: August 25, 2010, 10:15:30 PM »

Just recieved a pair of Dragonfly 6-1/2 speaker adapters for my fairing.  Just got a pair of Polk Audio DXi650 speakers for them also.  The speaker adapters look like a decent product but the speaker holes do not line up with the pre-drilled speaker holes.  The speaker holes even have extended posts for the screw so it's not like they drilled the holes in the wrong place, or did they?  I measure 110mm between two of the holes and about 115mm between the other two.  The speaker measures 110mm around all four holes. ???

Has anyone else experienced this?  I've seen other forums that speak highly of these, but I either got a bad patch, or the quality sucks.  Maybe it's the speakers, but I would expect all the holes to be equally spaced around the circle which they are for the speaker, but not for the adapter.

Anyone with help?  Contacted Dragonfly and they said they isntall these with all four holes all the time, they fit fine.  He suggested drilling additional holes so they line up but I shouldn't have to do that if they were made for 6-1/2" speakers.  the holes I would have to drill would go right through the edges of the screw posts and screw up the whole thing.  Help?  >:(

SC

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Speaker Adapter Fit
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »

Sorry to read of your troubles.  Have you asked Dragonfly about the specs for the hole locations?  I ask because the adapter may be fine (not a "bad batch" or "quality sucks" issue), but not suited for your speakers. 

Carl

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.