Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: clock goes out  (Read 49306 times)

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • Invision Arcade Games
Re: clock goes out
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 01:15:08 PM »

Mine has reset 3 times over a period of one year.  The last time it reset, one short loud alarm shriek preceded the reset as I shut down and got off the bike.  Funny thing, it happened at the Harley Dealer of all places.

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2011, 11:16:28 PM »

I was told today by the HD Service Manager today that this problem has now been identified by Harley and they will offer the Software Fix after the next Harley Davidson Dealer's Show.

Trent

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

I had the same issue with my 2010 CVO Softail. Went on for weeks and spent a lot of time in the Harley Dealership.  I thought maybe the battery was dying but it always seemed to turn over. :-\  (Doesn't take much). Dealer "said" they checked the battery and all was fine. Losing the clock... sounds like a battery drain somewhere.... right?  :nixweiss: Harley said no. So, on the 6th week, I bought a battery (Harley said no under warranty) and now coming into 5 months later... the clock stays charged and no problems.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 07:10:48 PM by Trent »

CandyCobalt

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »

Hi Folks,

put on my CVO Springer 09 the Tach/Speedo-Combo from the 2010 Convertible last year.
Looks great and works great till has now decided to zero the clock each time its started now, doesnt happen when i turn the power on, only when i hit the starter, seems to be a slight pause , engine starts, the low fuel.
Has anyone latest news about this problem after the dealer-convention in January?
New ECM firmware that fixed part of the problem?
Thanks a lot in advance
Greetings from very cold Germany
Robert

Trent

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »

I know this is going to be hard to believe and that your battery will; probably check out okay.... but that is exactly what was happening to mine. Spent weeks trying to figure it out, and found it just needed a new battery. I know, you say... they say.... everyone says the battery is fine. Replace it and your problems will be fixed. ~~ Trent

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »

Well, had the speedometer reflash / update done yesterday and so far all is good. It was resetting after every single shutoff / walk away with the key fob. I have checked it numerous times since the reflash and so far so good. Time will tell but it might be fixed.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Porschestan

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »

I have a 2012 and I have had a few weird things happen as well.  Obviously the battery is new, it's on a charger every night.  So I must assume it is not the battery.  Just yesterday after not riding for a week I turned it on and first it said "enter pin" then I just started it and it said "no fob" then I noticed the clock needed to be reset!  Reset the clock, rode all day yesterday and the issues never appeared again.  This has happened a couple of times since I got the bike in Early January.  Will wait for my first service to see what they say unless something worse occurs before then.

Stan

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2012, 07:08:19 PM »

Just had my dealer do the 'fix' for my bike with the new factory download flash recalibration.

Hopefully this will finally resolve the issue.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

dont hold your breath!!

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »

I have a brand new 2012 with less than 100 miles on the odo.  My clock resets when I scroll through the functions to check miles to empty and gear position.  It does not appear to randomly reset at start up or while at rest in the garage (yet).  I would have thought that a 2012 came with the new ECM flash, but perhaps they did not get around to updating the software during this production cycle.

My question is does this happen to everyone, or are some bikes immune to this phenomenon?  More so, is it just isolated to Softail Convertibles with the digital speedo?

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 01:07:04 PM »

I have experienced that once or twice so far with my 2012 as well.  Having not had enough time (numerous irons in numerous fires, I guess) to figure it out, it doesn't seem to be high enough on my radar to see it as a worry just yet.  I noticed with a full tank the other day, my low fuel light came on as well as the clock needing to be reset.  Bike seems to run well and such.  Have not taken the gps out of the box yet either.  Maybe things will settle down in the next couple weeks, and warm up, and I will get to getting these things looked at.   Pork.  I have 55 miles on the bike and had it since the 4th of Feb.  At this rate, I am hoping to break 200 miles by the end of the year.  ha!

BlueIce

• Full CVO Member

• Invision Arcade Games
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 01:48:57 PM »

Initially during the 1st year, my problem was upon startup, the clock would reset to 12:00 flashing and the Low Fuel indicator would light up.  This was a very rare occurance.
As time passed and the miles increased, the problem intensified.  Last Saturday on a ride with numerous stops, it had to be reset 5 times.  On Sunday no problem at all with numerous stops/shutdown and starts.  Tuesday, the day they reflashed, happened only once when I took the bike out of my garage.  As I said, time will tell if this factory reflash will be a permanent fix.

Calibration for use on Combination Digital Speedometer / Analog Tachometer Guage 67264-11 or greater. "Before"  Calibration ID:  32893-11 and  "After" Calibration ID:  40800034

prstaples1911

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »

This is my second Harley and while I enjoy the Motor Co.'s products very much, I will always be amazed that a manufacturer of bikes for over 100 years has this sort of issue.  I also cannot understand why a $30k bike has chips in the frame paint.  I have owned two BMW's and those bikes were flawless in operation with much more electronic wizardry and fit and finish at one-third the price.

Are the Germans having the last laugh?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »

I will always be amazed that a manufacturer of bikes for over 100 years has this sort of issue.

In all fairness and ONLY relating to THIS issue. 100 years of building bikes is not fair content when referring to computer gliches. If / when visiting the metric sites, snowmobile sites and auto sites you will see that there are many, many reflashes and computer upgrades happening all the time. It's the nature of the world were living in now. Heck, how many times a month do our computers require updates?

To follow up on my reflash, I am considering the clock issue fixed. It has not had to be reset since the reflash.

Going to 75* here today!!!!

Pork, I don't think the 2012's received this reflash yet, or at least not all of them.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »

Dang!  you know, I really was hoping I'd get a bike that didn't require service after the sale, you know what I mean???  I mean, they had the last year to get this stuff taken care of....... at what point do you release the bike for sale and then a few days later you say, "oooops!"  who was that guy that shut off the light and closed the door on the deal and then said, "ooops!"  ???   I want his name and badge number.........   :soapbox:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.