Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Cool New Fork Covers  (Read 3240 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Cool New Fork Covers
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 06:49:34 AM »

Finish it off with the Yaxle. 2nd item on the page...

http://baggernation.com/products-wheels.htm

No, I'm skipping that part.  Put one of those on someone's bike here a few month's ago.  Like the look just fine.  Didn't like the amount of torque required on a relatively small allen headed fastener there on the end.  Someday in regular service that thing is going to round out.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »

Had seen the relatively common Ness covers and the new pieces from Mother Harley.  The OE for those has both a chrome and the black pieces Harley still only offers.  Had also seen and really like the "Yafterburner" pieces from Yaffe.  Have those on the Road King project so couldn't use them again on another bike in the same garage.  That would be oh so gauche.

Hadn't seen these until a week ago though.  From a company called SMT Machining.  When I ordered they only had black pieces in stock.  They pulled a black set out of inventory then stripped them and had them chromed.  Still had them here in about ten days.  Very pleasant folks to buy from and the parts are nice.  They're going on the old SEEG sometime sooner rather than later.

WOW!!! Talk about customer service!!!! Went to a lot of trouble to make a customer happy. ALL retailers should be this way. Most would say....."Out of stock, it will be about 2 months."
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:38:38 PM »

WOW!!! Talk about customer service!!!! Went to a lot of trouble to make a customer happy. ALL retailers should be this way. Most would say....."Out of stock, it will be about 2 months."

I had the same impression.  Could've easily and correctly said "sorry, out of stock right now."  Instead they went above and beyond sent some really nice parts.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »

No, I'm skipping that part.  Put one of those on someone's bike here a few month's ago.  Like the look just fine.  Didn't like the amount of torque required on a relatively small allen headed fastener there on the end.  Someday in regular service that thing is going to round out.

Hey, don't you put that curse on me!  Besides, I'm counting on the installer to oversee all "regular service."   ::)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »

Hey, don't you put that curse on me!  Besides, I'm counting on the installer to oversee all "regular service."   ::)

How does that axle look installed on the bike--looks really nice in the pic of the website.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 09:50:16 PM »

Was that your bike? 

Black one, I remember.

I almost didn't put the super duper loctite on that during assembly despite the mftr instructions.  Tightening that small allen head gave me the heebie jeebies.  When it comes out again we'll hit it with a 1/4" impact wrench and let it break the loctite before pulling on it very hard by hand.

Worst case the forks, wheel and fender can all come out together and just be replaced with new stuff ??? !   :oops:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »

How does that axle look installed on the bike--looks really nice in the pic of the website.....

I think it looks damn cool,  but I am biased.   8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51:56 PM »

Objective observer here.  It looked great.  Especially in complement with all the other matching bits Kermit got at the same time.  Still didn't like that axle fastner though.  But it'll be fine.  Really (gawd I hope so).

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 09:54:17 PM »

Was that your bike? 

Black one, I remember.

I almost didn't put the super duper loctite on that during assembly despite the mftr instructions.  Tightening that small allen head gave me the heebie jeebies.  When it comes out again we'll hit it with a 1/4" impact wrench and let it break the loctite before pulling on it very hard by hand.

Worst case the forks, wheel and fender can all come out together and just be replaced with new stuff ??? !   :oops:

At least you have a backup plan :nervous:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 09:54:54 PM »

Was that your bike? 

Black one, I remember.

I guess I'll just have to trade it in on a red bike before it needs a front tire, or brakes... :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 09:58:38 PM »

I guess I'll just have to trade it in on a red bike before it needs a front tire, or brakes... :'(

Noooooo!!!!   I like Kermit!  I just got used to all that green!  Kermit is cool.  We'll figure something out :drink: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 11:34:47 PM »

Much better than the plain tin covers.  The chromed engraving on the fork covers is now going to be a nice complement to the flamed housings on the front signal/running lights.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.