Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Anyone Know Anything About These 6.5 inch Speakers?  (Read 4523 times)

Tom149

• 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate, 107CI
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate
    • CVO2: Non-CVO 98' Fatboy 95th Anniversary Edition - Wife's Ride
Tom

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
Re: Anyone Know Anything About These 6.5 inch Speakers?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:15:16 PM »

No.. But I can tell ya bout these ..

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 04:11:40 PM »

No.. But I can tell ya bout these ..

TY Barefoot,

I have narrowed it down to the Hertz HCX 165's/Titan XL's (http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/default_en.htm) the Imagine I61-2 6.5" Component / Coaxial Speaker Set (http://store.12velectronics.com/imagine-i61-2-6-5-component-coaxial-speaker-set/), and the Hawg-Wired ZX654-100R ZX Series 6.5 Component Speakers (http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=125). I currently have the Hawg-Wired "four in the face" setup with their 5 1/14 inch CX Series speakers. I am curious as to which of the three speaker sets I am looking at are better. I know the Hertz HCX 165's (Titan XL's) get really good reviews. Wish someone had first hand experience with the Imagine I61's and the Hawg-Wired ZX654-100R's. I will use my currently installed Hawg-Wired amps (150 watt main and two 75 watt satellites) to drive whatever replacement 6.5 inch speakers I decide on. All speakers are 4 ohm as are the Hawg-Wired amps.

Tom
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:47:58 PM by Tom149 »
Tom

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »

I assume you are wanting to put them on your bike.  I didn't see that they are waterproof (marine grade). 
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »

I assume you are wanting to put them on your bike.  I didn't see that they are waterproof (marine grade). 

TY

I believe that they are all acceptable for Motorcycle use.

Tom
Tom

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 08:24:30 PM »

The Imagine speakers are the same or highly similar to the Hybrid Technology speakers now sold by Biketronics.

Also, there's an interesting water test on HT's website; not sure if it's the Imagine series or another model.

Good luck with your research and choice.

Carl
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:26:05 PM by Harleypingman »

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 09:42:01 PM »

The Imagine speakers are the same or highly similar to the Hybrid Technology speakers now sold by Biketronics.

Also, there's an interesting water test on HT's website; not sure if it's the Imagine series or another model.

Good luck with your research and choice.

Carl

Thanks Carl,
Very interesting information regarding the Imagine speakers = the Biketronics distributed Titan II 6.5 (Hybrid Technologies)! I have seen the water test, appears the paper cones are waterproof on the Imagine Series Speakers.

Tom
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:24:14 PM by Tom149 »
Tom

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 11:52:51 PM »

Tom, if you call HT you'll probably talk to the owner, Scott.  I called a couple of months ago and he seemed like a good guy and told me about supplying BT with the speakers.

Carl

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 01:17:12 AM »

Tom, if you call HT you'll probably talk to the owner, Scott.  I called a couple of months ago and he seemed like a good guy and told me about supplying BT with the speakers.

Carl

Thanks Carl,

I may give Scott a call.

Tom
Tom

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 06:52:30 AM »

HAT (Hybrid Audio Technologies) is an up-and-coming mobile audio speaker company. I would say the Imagine series is on par with the Hertz HCX series, but the Imagine speakers are at a slightly better price point. I have a set of HCX-165 (great sound) but have never heard the Imagine series from HAT. I also have a set of HAT "Legatia" series and the build quality is very impressive. I think you would be happy with either the Hertz or the Imagine series - again with the Imagine series having a better price point. I don't have any experience with Hawg Wired speakers so I can't comment on those.

I can say that the "Legatia" Pro-2 tweeters are OUTSTANDING. I have them coupled with Hertz HSK 165 woofers and HAT Clarus cross-overs - love the tweets! I can't install the Legatia Pro-SE woofers until a 7.1 fairing adapter is available. I hear that a couple of companies have them in the works but no ETA as of yet. Bummer as I'd really like to hear the Legatia Pro-SE woofers  :(

Here's a pic of the HAT Pro-2 SE tweeters installed on my 2011 SESG2. They are a moderately difficult fitment - I installed them in a gutted Air Temp gauge cup, then installed the cup as you would a normal fairing gauge. My SESG2 is Autumn Haze/Antique Gunstock and the copper trim ring of the tweeters looks rather "special" with the copper paint on the bike  :) Looks better in person but you get the idea.

Bottom line is don't let the fact that HAT is a newer company scare you off - it's great stuff!
If I can help further just let me know.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:55:44 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 07:49:04 AM »

I think I remember reading that you were putting the tweeters in the air temp gauges. The you removed the battery charging gauge?  Looks really nice. The speakers look like the covers are chrome.  Do they reflect the sun while riding?  I'm inquiring.   :nixweiss:

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »

I think I remember reading that you were putting the tweeters in the air temp gauges. The you removed the battery charging gauge?  Looks really nice. The speakers look like the covers are chrome.  Do they reflect the sun while riding?  I'm inquiring.   :nixweiss:

This is the second set I've done, I mounted the Hertz tweeters in gauge cups as well. I have an SESG2 so these are simply replacements for the stock tweeters (no gauge removal). I did move them down ala the 2012 SESG3 fairing locations.

The tweeters are anodized black - it's the over-exposed flash that makes them look different. Here is a little better pic I took during initial install (before I added the chrome radio trim piece). The tweeters are pretty big (53mm outside dia) so they fill the chrome trim hole completely.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:21:13 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »

HAT (Hybrid Audio Technologies) is an up-and-coming mobile audio speaker company. I would say the Imagine series is on par with the Hertz HCX series, but the Imagine speakers are at a slightly better price point. I have a set of HCX-165 (great sound) but have never heard the Imagine series from HAT. I also have a set of HAT "Legatia" series and the build quality is very impressive. I think you would be happy with either the Hertz or the Imagine series - again with the Imagine series having a better price point. I don't have any experience with Hawg Wired speakers so I can't comment on those.

I can say that the "Legatia" Pro-2 tweeters are OUTSTANDING. I have them coupled with Hertz HSK 165 woofers and HAT Clarus cross-overs - love the tweets! I can't install the Legatia Pro-SE woofers until a 7.1 fairing adapter is available. I hear that a couple of companies have them in the works but no ETA as of yet. Bummer as I'd really like to hear the Legatia Pro-SE woofers  :(

Here's a pic of the HAT Pro-2 SE tweeters installed on my 2011 SESG2. They are a moderately difficult fitment - I installed them in a gutted Air Temp gauge cup, then installed the cup as you would a normal fairing gauge. My SESG2 is Autumn Haze/Antique Gunstock and the copper trim ring of the tweeters looks rather "special" with the copper paint on the bike  :) Looks better in person but you get the idea.

Bottom line is don't let the fact that HAT is a newer company scare you off - it's great stuff!
If I can help further just let me know.

Tif2, Thank You for all the great information and your audio job looks great and must sound fantastic.

Tom
Tom

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »

Hey Tom -

More than likely I'll be getting a set of HAT "Clarus" 6.5" drivers on order tomorrow.
I'll post up my findings once they are installed.

TIF2

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:08 PM »

Hey Tom -

More than likely I'll be getting a set of HAT "Clarus" 6.5" drivers on order tomorrow.
I'll post up my findings once they are installed.

Nice, looking forward to your critique!

Tom
Tom

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 08:03:28 AM »

Got the Clarus drivers installed and I have to say ... I am very impressed with the sound quality.

The "Clarus" line retails for $550 per set, but the drivers were compared to the HSK 165 set from Hertz, which retails for $499 per set. It is an even comparison for speaker class. I would choose the Clarus drivers over the Hertz. The only downside to the Clarus drivers is weight - they are VERY heavy speakers. No way I would install them w/o the stock speaker brace. They are probably twice as heavy as the Legatia Pro SE divers, and the Legatia drivers are a 7.1" while the Clarus are 6.5". SQ on the Clarus is EXCELLENT - which makes me even more impatient to mount the Legatias!!

Eventually, the Clarus drivers will be moved to the lowers, which is where I moved the Hertz 165 drivers, so wieght will no longer be a concern. The Legatias will replace the Clarus in the fairing.

Not sure the if the same results hold true for the Imagine line, but I would not hesitate to get a set. I don't see how you could go wrong with either the HAT Imagine speakers or the Hertz HCX-165 speakers.

Hope this helps ... as always, speakers are VERY subjective so I would try and listen to both with your own ears and decide which sound better to you.
TIF2

Tom149

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »

Got the Clarus drivers installed and I have to say ... I am very impressed with the sound quality.

The "Clarus" line retails for $550 per set, but the drivers were compared to the HSK 165 set from Hertz, which retails for $499 per set. It is an even comparison for speaker class. I would choose the Clarus drivers over the Hertz. The only downside to the Clarus drivers is weight - they are VERY heavy speakers. No way I would install them w/o the stock speaker brace. They are probably twice as heavy as the Legatia Pro SE divers, and the Legatia drivers are a 7.1" while the Clarus are 6.5". SQ on the Clarus is EXCELLENT - which makes me even more impatient to mount the Legatias!!

Eventually, the Clarus drivers will be moved to the lowers, which is where I moved the Hertz 165 drivers, so wieght will no longer be a concern. The Legatias will replace the Clarus in the fairing.

Not sure the if the same results hold true for the Imagine line, but I would not hesitate to get a set. I don't see how you could go wrong with either the HAT Imagine speakers or the Hertz HCX-165 speakers.

Hope this helps ... as always, speakers are VERY subjective so I would try and listen to both with your own ears and decide which sound better to you.
Thanks Tif2, I was waiting for your review and sounds like a home run, enjoy and Happy Holidays.

Tom
Tom
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 22 queries.