Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bassani vs. Vance & Hines  (Read 6022 times)

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
Bassani vs. Vance & Hines
« on: December 29, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »

With all this free time waiting for delivery of my Breakout.  It has given me the luxury of endlessly researching different exhaust systems/slip ons.   From what I have read so far, it seems that Bassani is designed more towards the larger v twins....110" and bigger.  I came across this article on a shoot out with 5 different slip-ons for the sportster 1200 and the Bassani looked to be the clear cut winner with Vance & Hines 2nd. 

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/413/13194/Motorcycle-Article/Harley-Davidson-Sportster-Exhaust-Shootout.aspx

So with all of that said does anyone here have any experience with using Bassani systems on a 110" motor and how they compare to the Vance and Hines.

Orginally, I was favoring the V/H 2 into 1 BR, and then the V/H Pro Pipe 2 into 1, and now the Bassani's.....Thoughts?

I have already decided on the Power Vision Tuner with the wideband O2 autotuner option...now I just need to decide on the exhaust.

Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
Re: Bassani vs. Vance & Hines
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:56:44 PM »

I was going to go with the Bassani's as well, but found some used Rush slip ons in good condition so that is the only reason I went with the Rush slip ons.  I didn't want to spend the extra couple hundred on slip ons- bought my used ones for a little over $100, when I know eventually I would most likely be putting on the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1.  The Rush slip ons are a temporary solution until Vance and Hines certifies their  system for the Breakout, and if I like the slip ons enough I might just keep it that way.  But to answer your question again, if I were to buy a "new" set of slip ons I would go with the Bassanis.

quote author=Born2Breakout link=topic=80880.msg1093847#msg1093847 date=1356831375]
With all this free time waiting for delivery of my Breakout.  It has given me the luxury of endlessly researching different exhaust systems/slip ons.   From what I have read so far, it seems that Bassani is designed more towards the larger v twins....110" and bigger.  I came across this article on a shoot out with 5 different slip-ons for the sportster 1200 and the Bassani looked to be the clear cut winner with Vance & Hines 2nd. 

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/413/13194/Motorcycle-Article/Harley-Davidson-Sportster-Exhaust-Shootout.aspx

So with all of that said does anyone here have any experience with using Bassani systems on a 110" motor and how they compare to the Vance and Hines.

Orginally, I was favoring the V/H 2 into 1 BR, and then the V/H Pro Pipe 2 into 1, and now the Bassani's.....Thoughts?

I have already decided on the Power Vision Tuner with the wideband O2 autotuner option...now I just need to decide on the exhaust.

[/quote]

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
Re: Bassani vs. Vance & Hines
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:39:57 AM »

Thanks for the input Dobe!
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.