Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I love this bike!  (Read 3237 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
I love this bike!
« on: September 29, 2006, 07:23:49 AM »

Yesterday, I rode the Deuce in to work for the first time in a while...with a solo saddle, no bags it makes it tough when I have to carry stuff.  This year many more miles went on the Ultra so I forgot how nice the Deuce really is...

It was dark when I left and I look down and the amber running lights up front were glistening off the chrome front end...it was sort of magical.  The twin brake rotors were spinning to the tune of the road visible just inside the front forks.

The bike responded quickly to the twist of the throttle and with a quick crack of noise from the curvacious Big Raidus pipes I flew past the 18 wheeler on the road.

At lunch I took a cruise around Newport's Ocean Drive and past the fine young coeds of Salve Regina out on this beautiful 70
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

SE05

• Senior CVO Member
  • aka - Mrs. SBB
Re: I love this bike!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 08:22:12 AM »

... I forgot how nice the Deuce really is ... It was dark when I left and I look down and the amber running lights up front were glistening off the chrome front end...it was sort of magical.

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 08:31:32 AM »

Yesterday, I rode the Deuce in to work for the first time in a while...with a solo saddle, no bags it makes it tough when I have to carry stuff.
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 10:07:59 AM »

Bill, I can't believe the timing of your post. I completely understand. Earlier this week I took my SEEG into the dealer to have the Legends installed, with the weather just perfect, I took the SED to work Wednesday and Thursday. Everytime I get on that bike I get a tremendous rush, it is like going from a Lincoln to a Corvette. I almost never take it to work because of the lack of any storage but the last couple of days have been a real treat. Every time I think about getting rid of the SED, I take it out for a ride and the idea of selling it gets lost in the wind.
Glad you put the post up, made me appreciate the same expierence that much more.

Mark

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:17:21 PM »

Bill, I can't believe the timing of your post. I completely understand. Earlier this week I took my SEEG into the dealer to have the Legends installed, with the weather just perfect, I took the SED to work Wednesday and Thursday. Everytime I get on that bike I get a tremendous rush, it is like going from a [highlight]Lincoln to a Corvette[/highlight]. I almost never take it to work because of the lack of any storage but the last couple of days have been a real treat. Every time I think about getting rid of the SED, I take it out for a ride and the idea of selling it gets lost in the wind.
Glad you put the post up, made me appreciate the same expierence that much more.

Mark

True...but the Vette would have to be without a Windshield!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:19:03 PM by WFP »

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »

WOW Bill ... you brought [highlight]tears to my eyes[/highlight]!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 07:20:51 PM by WFP »

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »

Nice!  The weather has been particularly crappy in the Chicago area lately, with lots of rain, and I finally got a chance to take the SED for a quick spin yesterday. It was a nice day, but you can feel the season is just about over.   :'(
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

mdduce

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:27:48 PM »

Yall are sooooo right about these bikes ya ride'm and love'm,GREAT BIKES, I've had different ones this is my fav.by far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:28:28 PM by mdduce »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2006, 12:43:03 PM »

I am taking in my 03 next week to add a race tuner and get it dyno'd. Made such a great improvement on my SEEG, I thought I'd give it a try. Any other inexpensive mods I should consider while it's in the shop? I'll post the numbers when I get it back. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
BTHW, the Zippers packages are not inexpensive.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:44:25 PM by MJZ »

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 11:51:06 AM »

I would highly recommend putting off the dyno and tune until after you get all of your near term mods done.  Changing the intake and exhaust alone will throw a tune.  Go through the short to mid term list and get everything installed, then get the tune which will save a ton of dough.  Then you can save that wasted money and set it a side for the biggies like bore/stroke, head work, cams, etc.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.