Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: latest TTS Mastertune updates  (Read 9103 times)

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
latest TTS Mastertune updates
« on: May 19, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »

Just ran the updater.
Anybody know what all is included in there? Spark tune maybe?
All Canbus stuff?

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: latest TTS Mastertune updates
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »

Just ran the updater.
Anybody know what all is included in there? Spark tune maybe?
All Canbus stuff?

One thing is that you can VTune all the way to WOT now... Not just to 80 kPa as before.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »

The newest release contains updates for specific PC's in the field. We have found a few models of PC's that were having issues with our software and these changes got rid of them. It also contains new updates that are going to help some people with the Vtune process and a few things are put in place for future product upgrades. When using DataMaster to record Vtune data the user can now select the final color the cell turns when enough data has been gathered as well as a new feature we call "Cell Centering"

Cell Centering when turned on add a real time position locator along with the cell tracking that has always been in the product. This allows the user to not only see what cell data is being collected in real time (like it always has) but the Cell Centering bar turned on shows where you are in the cell. So as an example if your TPS and RPM shows that you are in the 40% column and 2000 RPM row you can now tell if your at the beginning of the cell or end of the cell as the next breakpoint cell is at 60%. Without Cell Centering you had no idea where you were at within that range, now you will.

We also added a Dyno mode or Closed Course mode to the Vtune display. This feature allows the user to define how the data is being collected. This will speed up the Vtune process as the software can expect things now that it knows ahead of time which way the data is being collected.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »

Thanks Steve

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 03:32:04 PM »

One thing is that you can VTune all the way to WOT now... Not just to 80 kPa as before.

Ken

Ken

We have always collected Vtune Data to 100 kPa or 100% TPS. If you take any old recordings that have been made and play them back in the new software you will see the data, it has always been there we just chose NOT to show it in the past. Rest assured, we have our reasons for it now showing  :vrolijk_10: and in the future you will see why.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »

Ken

We have always collected Vtune Data to 100 kPa or 100% TPS. If you take any old recordings that have been made and play them back in the new software you will see the data, it has always been there we just chose NOT to show it in the past. Rest assured, we have our reasons for it now showing  :vrolijk_10: and in the future you will see why.

Cool! When can you say more, Steve?

Question: it has been my understanding that any collected data was not applied in VTune for above 80 kPA cells before this update. Is that true?

The reason I ask is because my bike seems to lag at WOT and not have the power it has at less than WOT, even after many VTune cycles.

We have always extended the collected data in Vtune to the open loop high-kPA cells up to now. Will the new software update do anything to apply the collected data to the high-kPA cells (as is done for lower-kPa cells), to help get the VE tables dialed in better in those high-kPa ranges - versus just extending adjustments to them? And does this question even make sense?  :confused5:

Thanks, Steve!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:20 AM »

looks like you came up with some very nice changes. 

The new DataMaster2 manual states that additional calibration changes need to be made in order to support this function, but those changes aren’t noted on that page (page 107 of pdf, page 99 of manual).  What needs to be done to the calibration to enable this feature? 

When collecting vtune data, what is the difference between dyno mode and closed course mode?  Is this all internal to the software (like additional filtering), or does this change the histogram?  or does this change the desired data collection speed? 

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »

Good questions Mayor. There was some vague explanations on the screen pop up dialog boxes when downloading the updates. Had to read em quick but I don't remember exactly what they said. There were references to firmware updates but I guess this is for the blue dongles only. TTS pdf tuning manual good use a big update for sure or at least some online info about these changes somewhere. Of course if SC hadn't been booted from HTT we could already have had the info I'm guessing.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:38:07 AM »

I usually just update the software, and go exploring the changes.  I had never given it a thought before, but I think I might see if I can take screen shots or print PDF's of the updates info and save them for later references.   I have a couple more computers that haven't been updated yet, so I'm going to see what the options are for saving that info. 

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »

Good questions Mayor. There was some vague explanations on the screen pop up dialog boxes when downloading the updates. Had to read em quick but I don't remember exactly what they said. There were references to firmware updates but I guess this is for the blue dongles only. TTS pdf tuning manual good use a big update for sure or at least some online info about these changes somewhere. Of course if SC hadn't been booted from HTT we could already have had the info I'm guessing.

If you open MasterTune2, go to the help menu, content, getting started.  There is a revision log. Steve isn't booted from this forum.  The mods over there swear he hacked the vision.  I can't see the guy taking the time to do that.  Besides a 5 minute phone call to Drew would be easier and quicker.  They are friends.

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 12:13:40 PM »

Thanks. This is the info I was seeing when I updated.
It does tell what changed but doesn't quite answer all our questions.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 01:39:41 PM »

Cool! When can you say more, Steve?

Question: it has been my understanding that any collected data was not applied in VTune for above 80 kPA cells before this update. Is that true?

The reason I ask is because my bike seems to lag at WOT and not have the power it has at less than WOT, even after many VTune cycles.

We have always extended the collected data in Vtune to the open loop high-kPA cells up to now. Will the new software update do anything to apply the collected data to the high-kPA cells (as is done for lower-kPa cells), to help get the VE tables dialed in better in those high-kPa ranges - versus just extending adjustments to them? And does this question even make sense?  :confused5:

Thanks, Steve!

Ken

The changes are in DataMaster2 not in Vtune2, so the way the data is being shown and collected in DataMaster2 is what we changed. We have always collected all data and Vtune2 has used it to correct the VE tables. If you used the extend feature in Vtune2 it will be no different as Vtune2 has not changed. The reason for now showing the data during data collection is two fold. One people need to understand it has always been there and two, get people ready for what is coming in the future. So you can take any of your previous recordings and play them back in DataMaster2 now and you will now see what we have always done.

To much BS is going on these days about tuning at greater than 85 kPa in closed loop by people who do not understand how or why things work the way they do. These same people are to lazy to read the manuals of the various products and understand what the words mean. Lots of advertising hype with little to no meat there.

We, TTS will never try and call looking at closed loop at WOT, tuning, as it's not. It is too lean of a mixture to run for very long without causing engine damage and we are not willing to take that chance on your 25K+ motorcycle. If we could limit our product use to just experienced dyno tuners things MIGHT be different as they know better and have a controlled situation. DJ has said it in there manual but some people try to make it into things it is not

"AutoTune Basic
Without any additional modules, the Power Vision will take advantage of what the ECM "sees"
from its OEM narrowband O2 sensors and use that data to achieve the target AFR. This
method works great in those operating areas where it makes sense to run in a lean state:
idle, light load, and cruise conditions. AutoTune Basic will fix the normal closed loop range,
but can also temporarily extend the closed loop range to gain insight on the actual AFR in
areas that are normally open loop (high load/high RPM). At high load/high RPM ranges this
"temporary situation" is not ideal
, and this is where it is advantageous to use AutoTune Pro."

They are clear not to use the words tuning and also just as clear to tell you it is NOT safe. They watered the wording down by saying "not ideal" and "temporary situation" but if you read the manual for what it says, not what you want it to say it takes the same position TTS has always taken. What we know about the DJ product comes right out of there very own manuals and that's it.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »

has TTS ever considered partnering with a company to offer a broadband hardware option for the WOT loads to have that data being included in the datamaster recording? how about a hardware/software option that would allow 0-5v analog input to the datamaster program from an existing afr meter?   

for MAP based cals- with the new cell centering feature, where should dyno tuners target for the 20 kPa and 80 kPa cells?

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

Why?  I'm sure the guy has an understanding of broadbands and whT it takes to control them. Besides. What is coming from TTS in the near future. There is no need

mayor

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 03:50:47 PM »

I didn't mean to imply that TTS/Steve Cole couldn't make their own controller.  The basic question I have is since there are limitiations as to what makes sense with narrow bands, is adding the ability to collect broadband WOT data being considered.  I would prefer not to need to run multiple programs to tune a bike, and I find the current options for broadband tuning much more limited than what TTS already offers.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 21 queries.