Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speaker Lids for 09 SERG?  (Read 857 times)

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
Speaker Lids for 09 SERG?
« on: May 28, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »

Getting ready to upgrade the Kenwood radio on the 09 SERG. Have had good luck in the past with the Hawg wired stuff so will buy the amp front speakers and tweeters. Thinking about adding the speakers in the lids as well (no lowers this time). Any suggestion on which lids to buy and speakers to put in them. Not sure but might get a local painter.

BigLew

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
Re: Speaker Lids for 09 SERG?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »

Another option to painting the lids is to have them covered with leather/vinyl. It could be glued down so it would follow the contours of the lid. Thats what I would do.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

jcd520

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:32:52 PM »

I have been talking to the folks at HW lately about a possible system for my bike -------------The say their 5x7's (dx574-70) fit nicely into stock HD lids if you want to retain the factory look.
I looked at the JM system too but the deal killer for me was having to  use their lids in the  rear and their grills and boxes for fairing and lowers. I just  won't do that---------------I don't like the way they look at all no matter how good they may sound.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »

I have been talking to the folks at HW lately about a possible system for my bike -------------The say their 5x7's (dx574-70) fit nicely into stock HD lids if you want to retain the factory look.
I looked at the JM system too but the deal killer for me was having to  use their lids in the  rear and their grills and boxes for fairing and lowers. I just  won't do that---------------I don't like the way they look at all no matter how good they may sound.

I do want to keep the factory look and I love the HW components. This will be the 3rd bike and the 3rd system!

BigLew

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 11:30:16 PM »

Well, if you want to keep the stock look, I am going to suggest these (and you use a 6X9 speaker as opposed to only a 5X7 speaker in the stock CVO speaker lids...yes I know some have gone to great lengths to modify the stock CVO speaker lids and/or speakers themselves to fit 6X9 speakers in the stock CVO lids, but I am not that talented  :)):

http://www.hogtunes.com/bestlidsperiod.html

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 12:44:43 AM »

I just dropped off my bike this morning to have them install the new Focal 7X10's in the stock Harley speaker lids. I definitely want that "stock look' but the killer sound..
Alan

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 08:38:26 AM »

I just dropped off my bike this morning to have them install the new Focal 7X10's in the stock Harley speaker lids. I definitely want that "stock look' but the killer sound..
What are the other components in the system. What about some pics when you get her back?

BigLew

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »

I will need new lids as well. currently the bike has stock lids (no grills or speakers).

BigLew

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.