Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ZUMO 550 Stolen - want opinions about replacing.  (Read 390 times)

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
ZUMO 550 Stolen - want opinions about replacing.
« on: June 22, 2013, 04:36:12 PM »

Recently lost my ZUMO 550 in the car mount - still have the charging cable   :'(  Thanks United Air Lines.

I have the dash mount on my SEUC5, equipped with BOMM and rear auxiliary to the Harmon-Kardon.   

Now that I need to purchase a replacement, I am open to options.  I do need to maintain the BlueTooth connection to my Droid, as I sometimes need to answer a call when on a business trip ("Let me call you back in about 10 minutes"). 

- Do I buy another 550 and car mount?
- Do I upgrade to 660/665?

I appreciate the advice offered here.
Spada84
NoSofa!

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: ZUMO 550 Stolen - want opinions about replacing.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »

Choice is yours. The 660 has a wider screen, other then that it is the same as the 550. The 665 will give you XM radio, Traffic & Weather Alerts, which is nice. You can get just the weather and traffic from XM if you do not want to pay for the XM Radio. One last thing the 660 and 665 have sufficient memory to hold the entire North America and Canada Maps. The 550 does not have the memory to hold the entire map so you have to load the section you ride in most. Like the North East, North West, Mid states, etc. Unless you put a 10 GB SD card in the 550 then you can load the entire map to the Card. It is a pain in the butt but it works. All will give you MP3 with an SD card.

jim@hdbomm.com
Ride It Like You Are Retired

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.