Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Vtune3  (Read 3643 times)

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
Vtune3
« on: July 03, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »

A while back (few weeks) there was information floating around about the new Vtune3 that may or may not include spark tune. Has anyone heard of any updates on this much needed feature?
Steve are ya there?

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
Re: Vtune3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »

I'm curious on where this is in the release phase as well.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it, on Steve's personal computer, while I was in Cinci earlier this year.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Vtune3
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 02:19:45 PM »

I seen it there too.  Correct me if I am wrong but it will just show areas to take away timing not add correct?  Same idea as what sepst and PV does correct.

lonewolf55

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:55:28 PM »

Works different than SEPST and PV.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 04:06:29 PM »

I seen it there too.  Correct me if I am wrong but it will just show areas to take away timing not add correct?  Same idea as what sepst and PV does correct.

SESPT does not do any spark correction and PV removes spark from the main spark tables anytime it shows pinging. Hot, Cold doesn't matter. Vtune3 works completely different and once it's ready for release we will talk about it more but not until then.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

redmtrckl

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

Thanks for the update Mr Cole
Now if I could have mine by last week I would be velly happy ;D

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 06:14:21 PM »

I see spark correction through sepst all of the time. You prob. don't BC you don't use it that often but now I remember VT3 does it with different temp tables pretty cool raising the bar once more once it comes out.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 06:21:30 PM »

You can see spark retard in the SESPT but as of the latest update (6.000.0006) it is not used for any correction to the calibration. It only corrects fuel and I believe we are all talking about what is being corrected for not what you can see.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »

I seen Vtune3 on the new brochures we just got with our last TTS order. I hauled ass to the dyno room, ran the updater and got nothing!

Buzzkill.   :'(

Steve
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
Re: Re: Re: Vtune3
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »

You can see spark retard in the SESPT but as of the latest update (6.000.0006) it is not used for any correction to the calibration. It only corrects fuel and I believe we are all talking about what is being corrected for not what you can see.
Hmm. When I run smart tune and the ve tables change then I jump to the timing table it has changes also, that I did not mess with.  Weird, must just be my computer that does this.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Re: Re: Vtune3
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 06:00:56 PM »

Hmm. When I run smart tune and the ve tables change then I jump to the timing table it has changes also, that I did not mess with.  Weird, must just be my computer that does this.

Not your computer Joe.....when you click on smart tune the parameters are set for you and one of those parameters set is retarding the timing 4 degrees, this is what your are seeing.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

joe_lyons50023

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »

I am aware and have been aware of the -4 that sepst takes away for smart tune I am talking about after you use the smart tune file for the VE tables it will adjust those tables but if you jump over to the spark table you will sometimes see if it is needed timing taken away when it seen spark knock during the recording.  Spark correction dealing with head temp will be cool.  But spark correction on the main tables is not new in the world of harley tuners.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 09:23:17 PM »

I have seen the SESPT change timing. I set up a timing table, download, upload and changed.  Usually in a way I don't want.

What this has to do with Vtune3? IDK.

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »

Been doing battle with the spark advance tables for my 120R for a couple of weeks now, and still losing. I didn't know that Vtune 3 will help when it gets here. While working on the spark tables it occurred to me that it might be possible to adjust them in a way similar to the way the VE table VTune works.

Spark advance seems much more difficult to solve though because of the impact engine and intake air temperatures have on spark knock, as well as load on the engine. While working on my advance tables I found that sometimes the motor would ping in an rpm and MAP region that was previously "OK". The only conclusion I could come to was that the temperature (and who knows what else?) was having an adverse effect on spark advance tuning. But without some tool to adjust spark advance in relation to all the variables, it's very difficult to make the right adjustments. I think my table that subtracts timing based on engine temperature also needs some tweaking, but it's hard to factor that in to get the advance set correctly. I'm tuning without a dyno, and having a hard time getting rid of pinging, but still trying to keep a reasonable amount of spark advance...

In the end, all I have been able to do is to take timing out in broad swaths in order to get rid of the pinging. I'm sure I'm giving up performance (and fuel mileage) as a result, but I can't afford to damage my engine as a result of pinging/spark knock. If Vtune3 will help, I can't wait to see it!!!
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 07:33:11 PM »

When your recording spark tune data, and playing them back.  Pay attention to engine temp.  If you are always seeing that spark event at 160 and not at 144?  Take 2 away from spark temp correction table, rinse and repeat.  Might try blending that down.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.